04-29-2012, 06:15 PM #1
Luffy*
i'M NoT goNNa LiE
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); If you saw one of the teasers released on the CoD home page, you could see one that says something about the future not being far away.

This leads me to think that Treyarch is now going into the future. One of the biggest hints was that FPSRussia said the quadrotor wouldn't be released for several years, and if it's in the game, then that probably means that the game will take place in the future. Now, we have a quote that talks about the future not being as far. I think this confirms that Black Ops 2 will take place several years in the future.

To add on to this theory, look at this thread: You must login or register to view this content.

The guy in the video clearly states that if the airplane is what he says it, then the airplane is something from the future.
Last edited by Luffy* ; 04-29-2012 at 10:18 PM.
04-29-2012, 06:23 PM #2
That's Very True Man, I Hope it Is! Smile
04-29-2012, 07:07 PM #3
Gary-
Banned
In my opinion, the best thing about games made by Treyarch, is that they are all set in the past. It's fun to have time variations between Call of Duties, as continuous "future" or "modern" warfare games will, in my opinion, be pretty boring and repetitive, mind you, all this future tech does sound pretty cool, but I don't see Treyarch basing their game in a future tense.

The following is a quote from the CoDz website.

Originally posted by Rissole25

I believe the quote "The Future Is Not As Far Off As Most People Think - We're Not Ready For It" is not necessarily referring to a futuristic game like most believe.

I think it means that the current time-frame (I'll say the 80's for Black Ops 2), is not ready for the future, ie; futuristic weapons.

As said before, I'm going to assume BO2 will be in the 80's. We also know Tacitus is an in-game future weapons manufacturer, so they'll be making futuristic weapons, some people didn't even dream of at this point in time (but what may be normal to us now).

Tacitus will make all these weapons, trying to bring the future to the present (the present being the 80's), but no-one we'll be ready. They'd never come across these types of weapons before, so how will they deal with it?

They can't. They're not ready for it.

and a member on CoDz posted, in reply to the above quote:

Originally posted by deathb4di2h0nor

Black operations= prototype devices.
Anything could go into the game. They are experimental. Prototypes. I think this same exact conversation was spoken when black ops came out. Ballistic knifes, Explosive tip crossbows, etc. These are not used even today. Well maybe today but waaaay out of the time fraim for black ops. When you choose an era like secret operations, you have unlimited possibilities.

I think this is pretty intriguing, just by reading you start to notice and realize the possibilities of what the next Black Ops will hold.
Last edited by Gary- ; 04-29-2012 at 07:10 PM.
04-29-2012, 08:51 PM #4
Luffy*
i'M NoT goNNa LiE
Originally posted by Gary
In my opinion, the best thing about games made by Treyarch, is that they are all set in the past. It's fun to have time variations between Call of Duties, as continuous "future" or "modern" warfare games will, in my opinion, be pretty boring and repetitive, mind you, all this future tech does sound pretty cool, but I don't see Treyarch basing their game in a future tense.

The following is a quote from the CoDz website.

and a member on CoDz posted, in reply to the above quote:

I think this is pretty intriguing, just by reading you start to notice and realize the possibilities of what the next Black Ops will hold.

This can also be a possibility.
05-02-2012, 09:38 PM #5
Luffy*
i'M NoT goNNa LiE
Just wanted to say I was right Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo