09-07-2012, 02:08 AM #1
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I hear that word thrown around quite often. I mean people use the term "casual" in a negative way but honestly what is a hardcore player in Shooter games? I understand what a full blown casual FPS player is since COD is 70% casual.

In Sports games hardcore just means simulation play. Hardcore NBA2K player runs realistic offense and doesn't just try and dunk and abuse star players.

Hardcore Madden or NFL2K5 player runs realistic offense instead of trying to abuse things. So pretty much in sports games the hardcore gamer tries to emulate the real life counterpart.

In RPGs hardcore players unlock all trophies and mini game challenges and put in time.

Well in all honestly in FPS games the way most of us want hell demand others play is not even close to realistic. Real life NFL is about Xs and Os not exploits well real life war isn't running around all game, perks, etc.

I mean I suppose hardcore COD players want semi realistic recoil, weapons that have pros and cons and communication as a team. Besides that what makes you a hardcore FPS player? You(we) don't want realistic war simulation outside of hardcore modes or Battlefield 2-3.

So what is it? Simply because we've played since COD4? Because we get on forums or Twitter or Youtube and complain? I don't consider myself a casual FPS player but can I really say I am "hardcore"? I am a hardcore NBA,Madden and Fifa player because I want realism but in COD how could I be? I recognize Battlefield 3 as way more realistic yet I play COD anyway. It seems more appropriate to say vets vs noobs. Saying how COD is a shit game series yet playing religiously is funny too.

It is almost like talking about how poor people at the Goodwill must be yet I am shopping there too.
09-07-2012, 02:12 AM #2
TheManDavid
Your mother!
A "hardcore FPS player" in my opinion is a person that "try-hards" every game and knows all the latest news about shooters. Thats just my guess. Im personally trying to get into sport games more. I paid off NBA 2K13 and im so f'n excited for it.
09-07-2012, 02:58 AM #3
Chill
Chad Warden
I played CoD4-MW2 far too much. All I did. Black Ops got banned then that's when things started cooling down. MW3 came out and I stopped half way through its life cycle. I still play a little but it's not the same. Getting ready for NHL 13. Also I feel like those people that GB like 24/7 and are good are hardcore FPS players.

Off Topic: why is lil Wayne listening to music with his beats and dancing while he standing up there for drakes award for a music video he was in? So lolz

The following user thanked Chill for this useful post:

Porter_Justice
09-07-2012, 03:08 AM #4
Octavia
"PonyF ag"
No hardcore FPS player plays one game exclusively, or genre.
09-07-2012, 03:23 AM #5
Cory
User needs a dick
Originally posted by DitzyDooOnline View Post
No hardcore FPS player plays one game exclusively, or genre.

I would have to agree, if you only play on series you would be; lets say CoD, a hardcore Call of Duty player.
09-07-2012, 03:34 AM #6
someone he spends his life getting amazing at one type of game
eg the call of duty series.

It could also be used as a refrence to someone who plays the game mode Hardcore
09-07-2012, 09:36 AM #7
im not sure myself really personally i dont play just FPS games, i dont have 20+ days played.......but do i consider myself hardcore? id probably say yes slightly.

Id say being a hardcore fps player is to do with a mix of stats, aiming skill and knowledge of the maps and playstyle, like learning spawn points, spawn rush routes, nade spots, lines of site, flaking routes, calculating spawn flip.

Current stats this week for Cod TDM (7.30+ KDR), FFA (7.00+ KDR) overall kdr (3.23 which i consider shit lol)

do i try hard and sweat every game? no not really since pubs are pretty easy. I do however sometimes enjoy some GB or coming up against people as good as me.
09-07-2012, 11:21 AM #8
boss10000
Like A.....
My understanding is casual play for mainly fun.

Hardcore play to win and "own" or "boss" it up.

Hardvore people also rage alot...
09-07-2012, 01:39 PM #9
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
Well if it is tryharding then I guess I am hardcore lmao.

But seriously though I just always hear people talking about "kids" and "casuals" ruining COD when it sounds like the only hardcore player s are the guys at Gamebattles or MLG.

I don't think playing for fun and trying to win/dominate are mutually exclusive. O play in 6-9 man parties to avoid rage. Because unlike most having bad teammates is way more detrimental to my enjoyment than campers, perks, guns, etc.

So playing in a party reduces stress and increases my chances for wins and fun. Just seems like those of us who bitch alot and rage and trry to force people to play the way we want makes you hardcore.
09-07-2012, 06:19 PM #10
glitchplz
Samurai Poster
They play hardcore mode of course!

Na but seriously hardcore has many different definitions depending upon who is defining it. From my experience in games across the board (although you hardly hear it on COD), hardcore is simply a term used to describe a skilled player who plays a lot and likes to succeed(mold success into whatever your definition of success is on a video game). For COD success could be winning or it could be a different specific goal of be ranked high on the leaderboards or getting a lot of kills. There are multiple methods for someone to appear to be a hardcore player.

Honestly though, why are people bringing MMORPG terms into a FPS? Needa

The following user thanked glitchplz for this useful post:

Porter_Justice

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo