11-24-2012, 11:25 PM #1
CTRL
Hurah!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Dear Mr Khan,

I am sorry to hear about your connection issues.
In order to help solve them, please carry out the following steps and let us know the result.

Remember: Balck Ops 2 and Modern Warfare 3 are just the same.

Step 1
Switch off the modem and wait 2 minutes before switching it on again.
Try to connect the PS3 directly to your modem using an Ethernet cable.
If you are using a router, try deactivating your firewall to see if that solves the problem. Contact your router manufacturer, and make sure it is configured correctly for online games.

Step 2
You can also try to create a new PlayStation network account.
Press the PS button of the controller for the PlayStation 3 XMB (XrossMediaBar) file
Select “Users”
Select “Create a New Account” and press the X Button.
Enter a name for the account and connect using your new user account.
Select the “Friends” tab
Select “Register for the PlayStation Network” and press the X Button.
NB: If you are creating a new PlayStation Network account, use a different valid email address.

Step 3 Deactivate all firewalls or your router’s security functions. Redirect your router ports to the IP address of your PlayStation 3:
(Select the game(s) affected
Call of Duty 3: UDP and TCP 3074
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare: UDP 3658, 3478, 3074, 3075 TCP 80, 443, 5223
Call of Duty World at War: UDP: 3074, 3075, 3478, 3479 TCP: 80, 443, 3074, 5223
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: UDP: 2005, 3074, 3075, 3478 TCP: 80, 443, 5223, 3074
Call of Duty Black Ops: TCP ports used: 80, 81,443, 3074, 5223 UDP: 81, 3074, 3075, 3478
Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3: TCP ports used: 80, 81,443, 3074, 5223 UDP: 81, 3074, 3075, 3478

Place your PlayStation 3 on the router’s DMZ.
If these two solutions do not work, unplug your router and try to restart the game. If it launches by default at this stage, your router may not be entirely compatible. Please ask your router manufacturer for further information to resolve this problem.
NB: If the "Port Forwarding" or "DMZ" options have solved the problem, you can assign your PS3 console to a fixed IP address to avoid reconfiguration.
PLEASE NOTE: Many broadband modems also include routers. Please contact your internet service provider to find out whether your internet modem possesses an integrated router. If it does, your internet service provider should be able carry out the aforementioned steps to configure the router.
You will find more information about how to configure shared connections and how to redirect router ports on You must login or register to view this content..

Once you have verified that your network configuration is not the cause of the problem, carry out the following tests:
Try to select another server. Some servers have poor connections due to their location.
Try deleting the PS3 browser cache and your browsers cookies
How to delete your browser cache
From the PlayStation XMB menu, select "Network". Below, select "Internet Browser" and press the X Button. Press the Triangle Button. Select "Tools" then press the right stick. Browse down the menu and select "Delete Cache". Press X and select Yes.
How to delete browser cookies:
From the PlayStation XMB menu, select "Network". Below select "Internet Browser" and press X. Press the Triangle Button. Select "Tools" then press the right stick. Browse down the menu and select "Delete Cookies”. Press X and select “Yes”. Make sure there is no hardware or software firewall blocking your installation (like ZoneAlarm, Black Ice, Windows firewall or a router-integrated firewall).

Please visit You must login or register to view this content. to update your case so that we can continue assisting you if necessary.
Your reference number is {!Case.CaseNumber}.

Kind regards,
C-J
Activision Customer Services
You must login or register to view this content.

email number 2 received 1 minute after first email....
Dear Mr Khan,

"I am getting the error message "The Call of Duty: Black Ops servers are unavailable at this time. Please try again later or visit You must login or register to view this content. for updates."

If you are having a problem connecting to an online game, check the following:

Disable any firewall or security features on your router.
Set port forwarding on your router to the IP (Internet Protocol) address of your PlayStation 3. This game uses ports 81, 3074, 3075, 3478 UDP (User Datagram Protocol) and ports 80, 81,443, 3074, 5223TCP (Transmission Control Protocol).
For voice/video chat and online game play, direct communication with other PS3™ systems is used for data transmission during voice/video chat and online gaming. The port number used for this is UDP: 3658
Place your PlayStation 3 into the DMZ of your router.
If both fail, disconnect your router and try the game. If it works regularly at this point something about your router may not be completely compatible with the specific needs of this game. Check with your router manufacturer for additional steps that may need to be done to resolve the issue you are having.
NOTE: If setting port forwarding or DMZ helps your connection issue, you may want to assign your PlayStation 3 a static IP address within your home network. This can help to ensure that the configurations you made do not need to done again.

NOTE: Many broadband Internet modems are coming with routing capabilities built in. Please contact your Internet service provider to determine if your Internet modem has an integrated router. If it does, they should be able to assist you with the steps above for setting up your router.

You can find more information on configuring shared connections and forwarding ports for your specific router at You must login or register to view this content.. Please be aware that like a firewall we cannot actively support using shared connections to play online.

Once you have verified that your network setup is not the cause of the issue you can try the following.
Try connecting to a different server. Some servers may have other players connected to them that you do not have an optimal connection with. To do so back out to the main menu and select Multiplayer and then attempt to join a game.
Try deleting the PS3 browser cache and the browser's cookies.
Deleting the PS3 browser cache:
In the PlayStation XMB select "Network".
Scroll down and select "Internet Browser" and Press X.
Press the triangle button.
Highlight "Tools" and press Right on the analog stick or diagonal pad.
Scroll down and highlight "Delete Cache".
Press X and select Yes.
Deleting the browser's cookies:
In the PlayStation XMB select "Network".
Scroll down and select "Internet Browser" and Press X.
Press the triangle button.
Highlight "Tools" and press Right on the analog stick or diagonal pad.
Scroll down and highlight "Delete Cookies".
Press X and select Yes.
Finally, check to make sure that you are connected properly to the Sony Entertainment Network. If the Sony Entertainment Network is down when you try to play online, you may get this error.

Please visit You must login or register to view this content. to update your case so that we can continue assisting you if necessary.
Your reference number is {02263923}.

Kind regards,
C-J
Activision Customer Services
You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by CTRL ; 11-24-2012 at 11:29 PM.
11-25-2012, 12:08 AM #11
CTRL
Hurah!
Originally posted by KINGMANI View Post
Yup got the same Shit from them.
But just in German cause i am from Austria.
Thats the last time that i have bought a CoD.

Me too, But I say that every year lol. But this time I will not purchase another cod game. GTA 5 all the way.
11-25-2012, 12:13 AM #12
3HUNNA
Splicer
That one thread about having 3.55 homebrew apps really helped me you guys.

The following user thanked 3HUNNA for this useful post:

slim355
11-25-2012, 12:33 AM #13
Rxbby
Haxor!
Mw3 and black ops 2 are the same?
How come i can connect to mw3 servers and not black ops 2 servers?

This email seems like C-J did a ctrl-c + ctrl-v job. or C-J is a automated email replying machine. :cry:
I hope they are actually working on a fix or a "1.04" and not just sitting behind their desks pulling their di*k's. :cry:
11-25-2012, 01:40 AM #14
CTRL
Hurah!
Originally posted by Rxbby View Post
Mw3 and black ops 2 are the same?
How come i can connect to mw3 servers and not black ops 2 servers?

This email seems like C-J did a ctrl-c + ctrl-v job. or C-J is a automated email replying machine. :cry:
I hope they are actually working on a fix or a "1.04" and not just sitting behind their desks pulling their di*k's. :cry:

There's something fishy going on.
11-25-2012, 03:23 AM #15
Swifter
The Swift One
I don't understand how the hell deleting internet history, cookies & cache (which is only for PS3's Internet Browser) have/has to do anything with BOps2??

Are Activision talking out of their asses & making random stuff up like this for a possibility cause solution?
11-25-2012, 05:20 AM #16
gusbus20
Gym leader
actually it can help some people, because the cookies and cache and history is basicaly gonna show you the same thing again if on pc. on ps3 it is possible that it will give you the same errors over again. if that makes any sense. if not sorry but i tried to make it simple. I dont know much about it. but i do know sometimes on pc if you keep getting website errors or are unable to click a link for some odd reason, usually clearing all of that fixes the problem. Ps3 i would assume is similar except cache from game servers is stored as well. not sure but it would make sense.
11-25-2012, 07:53 AM #17
Originally posted by HackenTrollen View Post
Does this happen only on FAT PS3s or slims too ? this question was bugging me for weeks but had to ask sooner or later lol, since i still do not own a BO2 copy.

Sorry for the offtopic

I have a slim and its happening to me too
11-25-2012, 08:18 AM #18
gingking
I am error
fed up of waiting now .... snore
11-25-2012, 10:05 AM #19
spudeeelad
I defeated!
Originally posted by imran1980 View Post
Lol, Normally it's short but I emailed them a few times and it seems to get longer and longer. It's a sign that they have no idea what the hell the problem is with unavailable servers.

It does indeed. But we have to remember that as frustrating as it is, that these guys are just call centre guys. They aren't trained to deal with unorthodox problems or troubleshoot, they are pretty much there to just read out a script and if the stuff on the script doesn't work then they don't know.

I have been categorically assured that the Development team are looking into this problem

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo