Post: Split Screen Xp glitch, Video/Written Tutorial 2-8-11
04-08-2011, 11:29 AM #1
rockym56
[move]M.O.B.[/move]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This glitch still works as of 8-25-2011, after 1.12 update!!!

1st and foremost, all credits go to NextGenPen|s for finding this glitch… I just made a video to show proof to everyone who asked if it works..

You must login or register to view this content.

1. Have a friend in a player match lobby that has the privacy set to “open”
2. Go to Local > Split Screen > And choose the map/game mode u want.. I recommend “free for all”
3. Now u bring in ur 2nd player in the lobby, and hover over/highlight start game
4. Press (O) to back out of Split Screen, then choose Local, then highlight/hover over Split Screen
5. Press triangle to bring up ur friends list, and choose ur friend who is sitting in Player Match lobby
6. Go to the “join session” option in ur friends options…
7. Press (X) to join ur friends session..
8. Immediately after u press (X) to join session, with both controllers u simultaneously (at the same time) press (X) on both of ur controllers as fast and quickly as u can.. And that’s it folks….

*8-8-2011 update*
>> If u are having problems with step #6, when u click on join session, try pressing (x) on controller #1 & #2 at the same time, and keep on pressing (x) really fast until the map loads up witn no gametype.. U see, this glitch is based on speed, on how fast u can press (x) on both controllers after u join ur host.. I found the glitch to work easier for me, by getting a head start on pressing (x) on both controllers when u actually choose to join ur host, rather than pressing (x) on controller #1 to join, then pressing (x) on both controllers..
>> So basically, press (x) on both controllers really fast when u choose to join session, and the glitch should b a little more easier to do..
>> How does this help u?? This method will make u a split second faster when pressing (x) on both controllers, that split second can mean the world of a difference with this glitch..

Like I said B4, step #8, is going to be the tricky part.. I occasionally ended up in a split screen match with the map and game type showing when the game is loading up.. If this happens to u, then u know u are close to getting this bad boy to work… I did boost with this glitch the 1st time I got it to work, and I did not get banned, and all the stats did stick for online.. So good luck, and hopefully someone will find a easier way!!!

Update 4-21-2011
Here are some posts from fellow NGU users...

Tips:
> Good connection to ur host
> Be patient, this glitch will not work everytime
> Try different methods of joining ur host
> select default classes??
> choose classes at the same time to decrease chances of being kicked out of the game
> Try using different hosts, or friends, this could possible make the world of a difference..
> Good luck, and remember, u are boosting, so there is always a possibility of being banned and reset..
Last edited by rockym56 ; 08-25-2011 at 01:43 PM.

The following 17 users say thank you to rockym56 for this useful post:

AlabamaHit, bartacus, black123456789, BuddhaBr0wnies, codwawandmw2, darkflame1990, decorockstar, dishcloth, iownall6, Proboscis, Soldier., thabeast_32, TheBurntCeltic, TheSameKiid____, tooskilled2k11, yourdude9
04-08-2011, 02:20 PM #11
rockym56
[move]M.O.B.[/move]
Originally posted by s View Post
Yeah i get this a lot lol The ps3 version of black ops is just really badly ported. When you are joining the session and you do all the button clicking, you are able to search for games, but it never connects since you are not the host of the party.

Another thing I found is if you try doing the old splitscreen method, just joining your friend's session and tapping X on start game, if you connect 2 controllers already, and use the 3rd controller to tap X, it'll put all 3 of the controller in the party. Of course it won't let you play an online match, but maybe someone can find a way to make it work lol

Lastly, if you do the old lan unlimited live search glitch, with custom settings, you should get the "server is full" message. After this, back out and find a search match, and all your custom settings should save, you can tell by the gamemode not appearing on the top left corner of the lobby. When people start joining the lobby, it switches back though. Maybe someone can find how to make this work :y:

Yea, I sat in the damn lobby for 5 minutes just to see what it would do.. lol... But it just searched for games and stayed there.. As for the old Lan glitch, when u end up in the lobby with the gamemode not appearing, what if a friend joined the lobby via invite and came in with the unlimted lives box from private match, and then everyone backs out, leaving the guy with the unlimited lives box in the lobby by himself?? I wonder if he could now be the host + he would b bringing in the custom private match settings with him?? Fuk, I wish I was at home and not at work, I have so many ideas now...
04-08-2011, 02:25 PM #12
Sad Awesome why is this so hard to do?!

Originally posted by rockym56 View Post
1st and foremost, all credits go to NextGenPen|s for finding this glitch… I just made a video to show proof to everyone who asked if it works.. NextGenPen|s, found the glitch, so his job is done, its up to us to post up videos for proof.. Now I will not bullshit u, when NextGenPen|s said that u need to have perfect timing to get this to work, he was not bullshitting us…lol… I got it to work for me 3 times out of about 150 times...Keep in mind I recorded this video with my cell phone, so the quality is not that great, but u can see the playlist # if u look hard enough.. Oh yeah, I did not use free for all in this video, I used demolition, that is why both of my players ended up on the same team.. Yea, I failed…lol..

Edit: In this video u will see that I ended up with both players on 1 team.. This sometimes happens with this glitch, as u can see I was trying to set up Demolition as the game type.. That is why it is best to use "Free For All" as ur game mode.. Because u will not have to worry about being on the same team, since it takes soooo damn long to get the glitch to work...

You must login or register to view this content.

1. Have a friend in a player match lobby that has the privacy set to “open”
2. Go to Local > Split Screen > And choose the map/game mode u want.. I recommend “free for all”
3. Now u bring in ur 2nd player in the lobby, and hover over/highlight start game
4. Press (O) to back out of Split Screen, then choose Local, then highlight/hover over Split Screen
5. Press triangle to bring up ur friends list, and choose ur friend who is sitting in Player Match lobby
6. Go to the “join session” option in ur friends options…
7. Press (X) to join ur friends session..
8. Immediately after u press (X) to join session, with both controllers u simultaneously (at the same time) press (X) on both of ur controllers as fast and quickly as u can.. And that’s it folks….

Like I said B4, step #8, is going to be the tricky part.. I occasionally ended up in a split screen match with the map and game type showing when the game is loading up.. If this happens to u, then u know u are close to getting this bad boy to work… I did boost with this glitch the 1st time I got it to work, and I did not get banned, and all the stats did stick for online.. So good luck, and hopefully someone will find a easier way!!!
04-08-2011, 02:28 PM #13
wiggle_the_toe
Bounty hunter
So will plant and defuse work on demolition?
04-08-2011, 02:39 PM #14
rockym56
[move]M.O.B.[/move]
Originally posted by toe View Post
So will plant and defuse work on demolition?

I did not try to see if u could plant or defuse.. But I did get headquarters to work 1 time for me.. And it allowed me to capture the headquarters, and I received the 50xp every so many seconds.. So if headquarters worked, then I do not know why Demolition or S&Awesome face would not work.. But remember, u could possibly end up on the same team as ur 2nd player, which would cause the enemies to forfeit... And since it takes so long to get the glitch right, it might not b worth the risk.. U are alot better off using the free for all game mode..
04-08-2011, 02:43 PM #15
wiggle_the_toe
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by rockym56 View Post
I did not try to see if u could plant or defuse.. But I did get headquarters to work 1 time for me.. And it allowed me to capture the headquarters, and I received the 50xp every so many seconds.. So if headquarters worked, then I do not know why Demolition or S&Awesome face would not work.. But remember, u could possibly end up on the same team as ur 2nd player, which would cause the enemies to forfeit... And since it takes so long to get the glitch right, it might not b worth the risk.. U are alot better off using the free for all game mode..

i <3 u...........no homo
04-08-2011, 02:49 PM #16
rockym56
[move]M.O.B.[/move]
Originally posted by BLaNG View Post
Sad Awesome why is this so hard to do?!

I wish I knew the answer to ur question.. But I do know that some glitches are easy as hell to do, and some u just have to bust ur ass to get it to work right.. Thats just the way it is... Now the question is, is it worth ur time to get this glitch to work?? I will not b using this glitch, I just recorded it, so u all could see that it works.. And to keep everyone from bashing NextGenPen|s's thread (the founder of this glitch) with comments like, can u post a video, need a video, I do not understand this, and so on.. He has been politely enough to provide us with this glitch, so now it is up to us to perfect it, or find a easier way..
04-08-2011, 03:45 PM #17
Nice glitch and to anyone saying it does not work it does, I have been doing this and nearly every try is successful also the 2nd controller is rarely on the same team, LOL i'm using a turbo and the skip killcam glitch with tac insertions getting over 250kills a game. Do not go for headshots, too many will not register.
04-08-2011, 03:58 PM #18
its shit it dont work srry
04-08-2011, 03:59 PM #19
Swade
The Brain Named Its Self
Looks Hard, But I Will Try It

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo