THREAD: Creating a New PS3 MAC Address
  1. 06-20-2012, 09:41 PM
    pcfreak30
    >> PCFreak30.com Happy<<
    pcfreak30
    >> PCFreak30.com Happy<<
    NextGenUpdate
    Well seems there's a thread on changing your PS3 MAC. So I thought i would share this bit of info on creating a MAC instead of stealing off youtube :P.

Defination -- MAC -> Media Access Control -> You must login or register to view this content.

Every company who sells products that can connect to the internet and/or a network has a NIC device. That is a network interface card. This applies to both a ethernet (wired) and wireless too.

The MAC address is hard coded into a ROM ship on that device at the manufacturer. It can not be changed nn a hardware level but it can be changed at a software level. Computers communicate via MAC as well as TCP/IP or UDP. If a PC don't have an IP, it has to identify the other PC by its MAC.

To keep things organized, those companies register/reserve different ranges for mac addresses in the same way your ISP reserves an IP range for you to buy home internet. There is a portion of the MAC that they reserve called the OUI.

The first 3 sections of the MAC is the OUI. So if my mac is AA:BB:CCHappySad AwesomeEE:FF then AA:BB:CC would be the OUI of the manufacturer.

Knowing this I can go to an online mac generator supporting prefixes, put in the OUI, and get a new h4x0red MAC to mod with :P..

Happy Modding..

Peace..
  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pcfreak30 For This Useful Post:

, , , , ,

3. 06-21-2012, 09:03 PM
    pcfreak30
    >> PCFreak30.com Happy<<
    pcfreak30
    >> PCFreak30.com Happy<<
    NextGenUpdate
    I get the point that it should be in PS3. I just posted without thinking after seeing how you can get un-banned from BO by changing your MAC.

FYI if you don't understand this, move on and ignore it until you have the technical skill TO understand it.
  4. The Following User Thanked pcfreak30 For This Useful Post: