Post: Infinity Ward Revoking Bans on Call Of Duty Ghosts PS4 & PS3
03-18-2014, 01:54 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Reading over my Twitter feed I noticed a Tweet by the developers of Call of Duty Ghosts, Inifinity Ward, regarding bans from their game servers over last weekend. So I dug a little further. It seems the developers cracked down heavily on cheaters using hacked lobbies and other exploits but in doing so also managed to ban those who claim to have been logged into hacked lobbies without their knowledge. After a prompt Google search I noticed an article on N4G who led me to MP1ST where they provide links to members over at the COD community site and Reddit who also claim innocence. So going back to the Tweet mentioned above from Inifinity Ward, they have announced their mistake and have taken measures to unban those who "were incorrectly banned."

Were you a victim and if so has your ban been lifted so far?
Should gaming companies take more care regarding outright bans to avoid what has happened here?

Looking back at Rockstar's GTA V Online and their measures taken against cheaters. Even though they took their time, which annoyed many online players, they at least managed to take action against those who were guilty of cheating and from what I am aware of did not ban those who were innocent. Hell! I was in a hacked lobby on GTA V Online without my knowledge and gifted $105 000 000 GTA$. Rockstar did not ban me for been a 'victim'.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30336[/ATTACH]

Has anyone been unbanned?
03-20-2014, 09:34 AM #11
wajdi9
Space Ninja
infinity ward still banning ?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo