Post: Spoke To Activision Today: Fixing Console Bans For Legit Players And Modders
03-19-2014, 07:53 PM #1
Edgee
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Dear Legit Players,
All casual bans for anyone who has no affiliation of mods on their accounts are being revoked in the quickest way possible. Activision support representatives advise you to go on the internet browser of ps3 and clear cache, history, and cookies. After you have done that reset the ps3 and load up the game. They told me this works to unban the console if it was an accidental ban but I cannot verify this as all my accounts are hacked.

Dear Fellow Modders,
If there is any affiliation of mods coming from the user's console (*CID*), it results in a console id and MAC address ban (nothing new). But what if you are console banned from ghosts after changing both CID and MAC address? Sorry to say this but you can't use friends or public ids to play ghosts (if anyone using the CID has ever been on ghosts modding/using a modded eboot or account mods), you must generate or purchase an unused private CID to fix this issue.

The following 2 users say thank you to Edgee for this useful post:

Mango_Knife, Winter
03-19-2014, 08:28 PM #2
Originally posted by NGUTechSupport View Post
Dear Legit Players,
All casual bans for anyone who has no affiliation of mods on their accounts are being revoked in the quickest way possible. Activision support representatives advise you to go on the internet browser of ps3 and clear cache, history, and cookies. After you have done that reset the ps3 and load up the game. They told me this works to unban the console if it was an accidental ban but I cannot verify this as all my accounts are hacked.

Dear Fellow Modders,
If there is any affiliation of mods coming from the user's console (*CID*), it results in a console id and MAC address ban (nothing new). But what if you are console banned from ghosts after changing both CID and MAC address? Sorry to say this but you can't use friends or public ids to play ghosts (if anyone using the CID has ever been on ghosts modding/using a modded eboot or account mods), you must generate or purchase an unused private CID to fix this issue.

Damn. My OFW ps3 got banned. I never modded just did the dupe glitch. Does this still count as a mod? Or will they revoke it?? Im really curious
03-19-2014, 09:37 PM #3
Edgee
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by speedyx215 View Post
Damn. My OFW ps3 got banned. I never modded just did the dupe glitch. Does this still count as a mod? Or will they revoke it?? Im really curious

If you can't even get online (I'm not saying online on ghosts) on any account I can't help you unless you are using a CFW. That is indeed considered a form of modding. Try fixing it by following what I wrote towards legit players. If you are still banned, I recommend you call them @1-310-255-2050 to ask for assistance. They will ask for all accounts to check if they caught one modding on your console. Give them all accounts and tell the truth about what account you are trying to access the servers on as it will help as your account could also be banned
03-19-2014, 09:41 PM #4
Cesei
Banned
Console ban for a prestige glitch that's pretty harsh.

The following user thanked Cesei for this useful post:

iHaxel
03-19-2014, 09:59 PM #5
Edgee
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Impacts View Post
Console ban for a prestige glitch that's pretty harsh.

Yes it is but any form of glitching, boosting, or modding is against the terms of service. As harsh as it is they have the right to do it
03-20-2014, 04:48 AM #6
Mythusala
Rekt It Ralph
OMFG LOLOL this is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard hahahaha. just to let you know a company in general including activision would never tell you anything like this especially something like "To get unbanned to have to get a private id or purchase a new one." please spare us this load of crap man cause I know its bull and I know you do too.... :dumb:

The following user thanked Mythusala for this useful post:

Best Mate
03-20-2014, 01:27 PM #7
iDon
I’m too L33T
^^^^^^^ lol
03-20-2014, 01:40 PM #8
Edgee
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Mythusala View Post
OMFG LOLOL this is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard hahahaha. just to let you know a company in general including activision would never tell you anything like this especially something like "To get unbanned to have to get a private id or purchase a new one." please spare us this load of crap man cause I know its bull and I know you do too.... :dumb:

You are the one being dumb right now because of course they won't tell me to change my CID. Thinking about the situation is key. They said TO ME, "we are banning the consoles for everyone caught with any form of modding or boosting in the game. The only way to become unbanned is use a different ps3." *Hinting don't use a CID that has ever been used before with any type of modifications (if it has been banned)*

Next time you try to diss me think first because I don't post anything on gaming forums without thinking and construct a layout for all possible methods

The following 2 users say thank you to Edgee for this useful post:

Best Mate, Loeso
03-20-2014, 10:19 PM #9
I prestige glitches four accounts on my ps3 none of them were re-set r banned
03-20-2014, 10:36 PM #10
I had a recovery service done on my account. I logged in yesterday to see my account was reset. Lol I am actually more than happy to see that I was reset rather than banned. :p

The following user thanked Hondarydr for this useful post:

Edgee

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo