09-02-2010, 02:38 AM #1
PULS3
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Lots of people have been asking why there Turtle Beach headsets have/haven't been doing a certain thing, if you need help or want to help others then look here. If you can't find a answer to your problem below then ask and hopefully somebody will know how to resolve it.

X1
Please Thank as I put a lot of time into this.
[multipage=Buzzing sound]

It seems that the Microsoft play 'n charge controller charger emits an
electromagnetic field that may interfere with your Turtle Beach headset,
causing a continuous buzzing sound.

SOLUTIONS:
1) Please charge your controller while playing with the speaker
system and not the headset. Then when you want to play with
the X1 headset, you can disconnect the Play & Charge Kit and
use the controller without it. That way you can keep your
controller charged and use your headphones when you need to.

2) Instead of plugging your headphones USB plug into the front
of the Xbox, you can use an AC to USB converter instead.
That would allow the headset to get its power from a different
circuit than your battery charger, which should remove the
problem.

NOTE: A buzzing sound can also be caused by a Ground Loop.

----------

[multipage=Chat / Talkback issues]
:

Chat problems (such as intermittent connection, static, etc.) can be caused not only by the Talkback Cable, but also by the Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller, that may have a loose jack from usage.
With a new Controller (i.e. one that has not been used a lot) the talkback Cable or the Puck plug will fit snugly inside the controller jack, so it takes a hard tug to pull it out of the socket.

With an older controller (i.e. one that has had the plug removed and inserted a lot of times) the jack might have a wider opening, so the talkback cable plug slides in and out easily and makes a poor connection.
If you have this type of older controller, please try a different controller to get a better connection on the jack.

To find out if the issue is with the Xbox Controller jack, simply press your thumb on the Plug against the Controller Jack to stabilize the connection. If this takes care of the issue, then you would need to replace your Xbox Controller.

----------

[multipage=Chat Sounds 'Robotic':]

The online chat is actually sent through XBL / PSN Servers over the Internet. The audio is data compressed and may not be of very high sound quality. This will depend on your location, local Internet traffic, etc.

You may find that chat channel voices coming over the headphones sound "like robots" or "computery." You are hearing the chat channel with full high-fidelity reproduction, possibly for the first time - and yes it does sound a bit "digital." This is normal for the Xbox and Xbox 360.

The reason is that the voice channel is transmitted at a very low bitrate/sampling rate, sort of like a heavily-compressed MP3. There is not much bandwidth available for chat transmission and reception, so the sound quality has to be compromised a bit. Again, this is normal for the Xbox and not a problem with the operation of the Turtle Beach microphone or headphones.

----------

[multipage=Echo in a game chat or in a party]

Echoing may be caused by the following:

1) Ineffective contact between chat connections: A plug that isn't pushed all the way in, or gunk/dirt on the plug.

2) Poor connection to the Xbox Controller due to a loose jack on the Controller side.

3) High latency ("lag") on your internet connection. If this is the case, echoing may come and go depending on how much bandwidth is being used in your area.

4) If the Xbox Controller is set to: "Play through Both" or "Play through headset and speakers". Make sure it is set to: "Play through headset"

Read these links for more advice:
You must login or register to view this content.

----------

----------

Originally posted by another user
[multipage=Ground Loops]

If you notice a low frequency hum noise (Buzz) coming through your speakers
it is most likely a "Ground Loop". To correct the problem:

If there is any three prong AC Cable in the chain, lift the ground pin on the AC cord with a 2 prong adapter.
They are available for about $1.00 in any electronics or hardware store.
If this does not help, it is probably another cable that has failed and should be replaced.

Lifting the ground pin on the AC cable is suggested only as a way to find the source of the hum problem. If the hum goes away when the AC ground is lifted, it indicates that you have a ground loop between the Turtle Beach product and the video / audio / TV equipment into which it is plugged in.
You should find the source of that ground loop, correct it, and then reconnect the ground on the power cord. Wse lifting the ground permanently, as it is contrary to the UL certification on the device.

Here is how to break ground loops:
Radio Shack ground loop isolator

Read more about ground loops at:

[multipage=Conclusion]

Hope this tips help you fix your turtle beaches.Thanks for reading.
Last edited by PULS3 ; 09-07-2010 at 11:02 PM.

The following 4 users say thank you to PULS3 for this useful post:

NeedaLifeSoon, ski900, teeth08, UnReal_NiTRoUS
09-17-2010, 04:48 AM #47
gothikwon01
I defeated!
you dont need the warrenty through best buy, all you have to do is register your headset with tritton, its free lol
09-17-2010, 06:52 AM #48
elmanny247
Nukes Are Still Cool!!!!!
O I Payed 79.99 in best buy for mines about a 3 months ago My Brother dropped them like 100 times I play A lot specially shooting games volume blasted and they don't seem to give me a problem

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo