Post: Copy patch_mp.ff from usb to ps3 via awesome file manager
09-28-2010, 10:18 PM #1
dansbmx
BAY AREA*925*STUNTIN
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); For those who didnt know now you dont have to FTP your fast files to your ps3.
-Put patch_mp.ff on your normal flashdrive and You must login or register to view this content.0.05b.
-Jailbreak PS3 however you do and install the package awesome file manager and load it up.
-On the left side navigate to your usb device and get your patch_mp.ff showing, on the rightside navigate to the usrdir of mw2 where your patch_mp.ff is and delete patch_mp.ff from there.
-Go back to the left side and press select to enter advanced mode and then press circle to copy hit yes and your good to go.

Advantages: you can make a folder on your flashdrive and store all your patches in it and just select what patch you want to use on the fly no more busting out the ftp server everytime you want to play on mods. You can also use Awesome file manager to create a directory(folder) on your PS3's HDD and store your patches in that and then you wont need a flash drive either. Can't wait for a custom FW!!!!!!!
May not work with data transfers need to do some testing.
Last edited by dansbmx ; 09-30-2010 at 09:14 PM.

The following 11 users say thank you to dansbmx for this useful post:

Assassin, Devz-x, Dreamcather, ExceptionHell, ipodtouch44, iTzCottonEyeJoe, Mr. Wood, Nolzad0, SavageRising, Swifter, UMD
09-29-2010, 03:47 AM #11
Dont you still need to FTP to delete the patch_mp.ff in the USRDIR folder though ? or is it accessed through AWESOME FILE MANAGER via your USB ? If so this would save alot of damn time ! Great tool i'll check it out later.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

1 more thing, do you leave your patch in the root USB or does it have to go in a PS3 folder ?
09-29-2010, 03:52 AM #12
dansbmx
BAY AREA*925*STUNTIN
Originally posted by Drednok View Post
Dont you still need to FTP to delete the patch_mp.ff in the USRDIR folder though ? or is it accessed through AWESOME FILE MANAGER via your USB ? If so this would save alot of damn time ! Great tool i'll check it out later.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

1 more thing, do you leave your patch in the root USB or does it have to go in a PS3 folder ?

Nah you use awesome FM for everything try it you'll see, and you can put the patch anywhere on flash drive, I even made a folder on my ps3 HDD and I have all my patches in seperate folders in there but you can just keep them on the flashdrive if you want. It saves time and you can do it without extra equipmentSmile
09-29-2010, 04:10 AM #13
Can you provide a tutorial on how to change the directory to USB, theres nothing suggesting how to find your modded patch.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Found it and thanks for the quick response, i just tested it and it works 100%, now i dont have to worry about using FTP and Hex Editing lol thanx BMX !
09-29-2010, 04:28 AM #14
dansbmx
BAY AREA*925*STUNTIN
Originally posted by Drednok View Post
Can you provide a tutorial on how to change the directory to USB, theres nothing suggesting how to find your modded patch.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Found it and thanks for the quick response, i just tested it and it works 100%, now i dont have to worry about using FTP and Hex Editing lol thanx BMX !

Haha nice! Glad I could help.
09-29-2010, 08:20 AM #15
Hmm I copied the patch over but my hacks aren't there in Split Screen or Lan Party :S

Edit:-
Ok, it doesn't work, I copied a normal MW2 patch from the PS3 to my USB and the "app" showed the patch file on my usb but when I plugged it into my laptop, the patch file wasn't in the USB.

So I can only assume why I wasn't seeing any hacks because it hadn't deleted the normal MW2 patch and hadn't copied over Mossy's patch in the first place.
Last edited by Awayze ; 09-29-2010 at 12:34 PM.
09-29-2010, 08:30 AM #16
bbk4614
BBK 4 BBK!!!
Same as playstation??:wtf:
09-29-2010, 12:35 PM #17
little_legz
SleepinIsCheatin
This file manager reminds me of the free style Xbox dash for the Jtags where you can copy patches froma USB stick. Thanks for the tut as I was going to throw a cross over cable together to do this seems I only need this now Smile
09-29-2010, 12:39 PM #18
does this work with firmware 3.50?

The following user thanked x-slippyslugg for this useful post:

DEREKTROTTER
09-29-2010, 01:15 PM #19
XNihiloNihilFit
ᴻᴼᵀᴴᴵᴺᴳ Ɔᴼᴹᴲƶ ᶂᴿᴼᴹ ᴻᴼᵀᴴᴵᴺ
Sound, now i dont need to do all this complicated shit

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo