02-19-2011, 06:46 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This is a very simple little trick, which I've found has saved me time and effort. It will allow you to type packzip or offzip in command prompt anywhere without having to have either of them in the same folder.

Steps:
1. Make a folder on the root of C:\ called "offzip"

2. Then you're going to need to go to System Properties. In Vista, you right click on My Computer and go to Properties, then click Advanced System Settings on the side. I don't know about XP/7.

3. Click on the button Labeled "Environment Variables..."

4. In the bottom box, find the entry called "path"

5. Click edit, then go all the way to the end

6. Add ";C:\offzip" WITHOUT the quotes. It is important you DO NOT remove anything in path, otherwise things may not work properly with your Windows

7. Reboot PC

8. Open up a fresh command prompt and type offzip. If you did it right, then it should come up as a valid command and you should see the usage for offzip

The following 4 users say thank you to ihatecompvir for this useful post:

bnader, Docko412, eddydiep, Unonymous
02-19-2011, 06:47 AM #2
Jake9
Site is wonderful
Thanks alot compvir :y:.
02-19-2011, 07:20 AM #3
eddydiep
Can’t trickshot me!
Thank you mate. Winky Winky
02-19-2011, 07:25 AM #4
Alfa
Banned
Originally posted by Ihatecompvir View Post
This is a very simple little trick, which I've found has saved me time and effort. It will allow you to type packzip or offzip in command prompt anywhere without having to have either of them in the same folder.

Steps:
1. Make a folder on the root of C:\ called "offzip"

2. Then you're going to need to go to System Properties. In Vista, you right click on My Computer and go to Properties, then click Advanced System Settings on the side. I don't know about XP/7.

3. Click on the button Labeled "Environment Variables..."

4. In the bottom box, find the entry called "path"

5. Click edit, then go all the way to the end

6. Add ";C:\offzip" WITHOUT the quotes. It is important you DO NOT remove anything in path, otherwise things may not work properly with your Windows

7. Reboot PC

8. Open up a fresh command prompt and type offzip. If you did it right, then it should come up as a valid command and you should see the usage for offzip

are you honestly trying to get rep from this... heres a easier way put offzip and packzip in system32 then exit the window and ur done... Not Happy or Sad

The following 2 users say thank you to Alfa for this useful post:

Blackstorm, richiebanker
02-19-2011, 10:45 AM #5
KillaPwner
Who’s Jim Erased?
Or put offzip/packzip in a folder in the PATH variable?
02-20-2011, 02:26 PM #6
The_Platypus
Live Life, Play Cod
i dont use this method but it would make it alot easier for people
02-20-2011, 04:07 PM #7
Yah it works with windows 7 Computer>Properties>Advanced System Settings.
02-20-2011, 06:09 PM #8
xNiicademus
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Alfa
are you honestly trying to get rep from this... heres a easier way put offzip and packzip in system32 then exit the window and ur done... Not Happy or Sad

Lol, I was about to post this until I saw yours, thats what I did!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo