08-13-2011, 10:45 AM #1
Liam
In my man cave
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Hacks in Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2 Getting Patched by Infinity Ward :(

As I'm sure all of you are aware, there are many different hacks available for both MW2 and Cod4 including hacked lobbies/challenge lobbies and such however Infinity Ward have hit out saying that these will be patched in light of MW3 coming out.

Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling in a recent podcast, shed some light on the hacks and exploits in MW2 and Cod4. In response to a question on if Infinity Ward is working patches for the aforementioned games, Robert said:

"We (Infinity Ward) are (addressing the hacks and exploits). We are not looking at rebalancing things, so you're not going to see OMA (One Man Army) being removed from MW2, although it is removed from MW3. But, we're looking at things, like security things of like how can we address hacking on Call of Duty 4? And, we've been already doing updates on MW2 to address hacking, and basically once we get MW2 on lockdown, then the guys who have the ability to focus on even further legacy things, (such as) how can we lockdown things on Cod4. Actually, we just did on PC a Linux patch."

He went to explain that Infinity Ward's primary focus is, obviously, Modern Warfare 3, then MW2 and Cod4 (respectively). Speaking of Modern Warfare 3, it's rumored that killstreaks and explosives are getting nerfed.

So if I was you I would enjoy the hacks as much as you can because it seems they are serious this time. This might not be for quite some time yet since their main focus will be MW3.
Last edited by Liam ; 08-13-2011 at 11:00 AM.

The following 5 users say thank you to Liam for this useful post:

-QwiiCk-, Correy, monkystyle, ThatsAmazin, xVz
09-06-2011, 10:47 PM #20
Blackstorm
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
This was quoted BEFORE 1.12 I hope you all know that...

The following 2 users say thank you to Blackstorm for this useful post:

iTruceFret, Uk_ViiPeR
09-06-2011, 11:32 PM #21
Very disappointing :/
09-07-2011, 12:57 AM #22
Originally posted by Liam View Post
Hacks in Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2 Getting Patched by Infinity Ward :(

As I'm sure all of you are aware, there are many different hacks available for both MW2 and Cod4 including hacked lobbies/challenge lobbies and such however Infinity Ward have hit out saying that these will be patched in light of MW3 coming out.

Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling in a recent podcast, shed some light on the hacks and exploits in MW2 and Cod4. In response to a question on if Infinity Ward is working patches for the aforementioned games, Robert said:

"We (Infinity Ward) are (addressing the hacks and exploits). We are not looking at rebalancing things, so you're not going to see OMA (One Man Army) being removed from MW2, although it is removed from MW3. But, we're looking at things, like security things of like how can we address hacking on Call of Duty 4? And, we've been already doing updates on MW2 to address hacking, and basically once we get MW2 on lockdown, then the guys who have the ability to focus on even further legacy things, (such as) how can we lockdown things on Cod4. Actually, we just did on PC a Linux patch."

He went to explain that Infinity Ward's primary focus is, obviously, Modern Warfare 3, then MW2 and Cod4 (respectively). Speaking of Modern Warfare 3, it's rumored that killstreaks and explosives are getting nerfed.

So if I was you I would enjoy the hacks as much as you can because it seems they are serious this time. This might not be for quite some time yet since their main focus will be MW3.

no they arent! STFU! noob
09-07-2011, 04:52 AM #23
Savant
Trap And Dubstep Lifestyle
To Be Honest i Think They Could Care Less There Main Focus is MW3
09-07-2011, 06:46 AM #24
I dream of a day where everyone bypasses...
09-07-2011, 08:48 AM #25
PussayPatrol
I'm a neat monster...
Originally posted by UK
right,just so everyone can listen to this reply now because its importent & it does clear up this thread,here is many reasons WHY iw have stopped sending out there updates(1.13 & 1.41 for cod4)

For Cod4,there are many reasons why this wont be patched,but they main reason is that Infinityward DID send out an update for microsoft to approve of the 1.41 title updates & microsoft denied it because the title is over 4 years old.

For mw2,there will not be an update for ps3 users at any time this year because if you have noticed,xbox modding is completly different towards ps3 now,ps3 users are using config tweaks while xbox are using another techniqe which involves modifying a different fast file,IW will do some reasearch over the new way that 360 users have found because "exclusive to xbox first" quoted from fourzerotwo himself,which makes iw sent out an update to xbox first,if the update came to ps3,it wouldnt effect config tweaking,its simply the patch for the xbox mods,which if in the xbox scene they found out how to execute configs,it WILL be over for coders out there.the 1.13 is awaiting for its update but wont be availible till they find a source to these "mods" on xbox 360.

this is a good reason why you dont leak,release & record these type of mods,they can easyly be spotted throughtout the iw company.

P.S: spamming iw wont fix anything,iw is against hacking & wont tollerate it,in the end of the day one of the top companys will allow tweaking for private sessions or as a gametype,but for now,activision denies it because its against there policy

Sounds dandy :happycry:

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Originally posted by tokzikate View Post
i like this solution :carling:

How good is it :carling:

The following user thanked PussayPatrol for this useful post:

tokzikate
09-07-2011, 03:51 PM #26
monkystyle
L33T :carling: H@X0R
Originally posted by Liam View Post

it doesn't matter if it's real or not.
They cannot patch the hacks and never will.
since this is just a game, it doesn't matter how many time you patch it, it would still be hackable; especially on the PS3 since we got the 3.55 NPDRM keys.
the system is what matters, we have access to the PS3, then we get full control of the game.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Originally posted by Blackstorm View Post
This was quoted BEFORE 1.12 I hope you all know that...

Really? lol... look what I wrote before I saw your post!
09-12-2011, 03:50 AM #27
kissysissy
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Greeves View Post
Does this mean we might be getting reset?

possible hope not
09-12-2011, 03:53 AM #28
C R A V E
Computer Science and Finance
Originally posted by Greeves View Post
Does this mean we might be getting reset?

im pretty sure there not reseting people cuz thats alot of people to reset

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo