Post: How to do Elevators and Technical Information Behind Them
12-13-2009, 01:54 AM #1
pcfreak30
>> PCFreak30.com Happy<<
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok, So this i my thread on elevators. Mods, please do not delete. This thread will have a few sections. I will also be telling information that not many people probably know.

A. Elevator Tutorial

B. Information About Elevators

C. Can Elevators Be Patched??

A. Elevator Tutorial

So lets do the basic and original Derail elevator. It has NOT be patched as I have just recently done it after latest update.

1. (optional), Explode tank so that no one can kill you that way.
2. Jump onto tank
3. Look forward. Move all the way against the roof.
4. Go prone and look up.
5. Move your RIGHT stick to the left or right so that the roof looks like it is at a slanted angle. Kind of of like 3D perspective. You should practice with more or less of a angle. I personally just move slightly, not alot.
6. Go to START -> OPTIONS -> STICK LAYOUT. Change it to LEGACY SOUTHPAW. This will cause your LEFT stick to move only left or right. DO NOT MOVE WITH YOUR RIGHT STICK PERIOD. If you do, you must start back from step 3 again.
7. Move to the left or right depending on what angle the root is.

Roof is Titling to RIGHT= MOVE LEFT
Roof is Tilting to LEFT= MOVE RIGHT

8. Move with LEFT stick and stand up. So move, stand up. If you can stand, move again. Do this until you can NOT stand up.
8. Now this is what we will call POINT 1. Move slightly to the OTHER direction until you CAN stand up.
9. This will be POINT 2.
10. Now your goal is to go between these points. keep trying to stand up. You will be getting small and smaller in your movements. You are simply narrowing down the places where the elevator could be. If you cant stand up, your too far in one direction. If you can stand up you are too far in the OTHER direction. Keep moving and narrowing it down.
11. You will get into suck a small space that you will almost have to barely move. When you finally get it, you will be between where you CAN and CAN NOT stand up. You will fly up in the air and people will be thinking, "WTF!@!@!".
12. When the elevator stops, plant an insertion stick.
13. For the derail elevator, it is easiest to have COMMANDO PRO on to get out of the map. Also there are a few elevators out there as well!.

B. Information About Elevators

Ok, so you know how to do an elevator (I hope), but what is it???
Think of this. In the maps, everything (or almost everything) is an object. Building are simply geometric shapes that have been cut out and formed to make building. All the colors and walls and everything else are simply textures. Vehicles how ever may be a different story, not so sure. There is a physics issue with how everything is set up. There is a TINY TINY human hair space between the actual geometric shape and its texture. This space is what I like to call no-man's zone. I call it that because of the fact that in that zone, there is nothing. It is like outer-space... Also you are technically under and outside of the map. You are not in the map and you are in the map at the same time. It is very weird, but this is only while you are rising. Also due to the fact that there is nothing, gravity is inverted. That would explain why you rise. It is simply you dropping on top of the building. I say dropping simply because of the direction of gravity. So when you are doing an elevator, you are getting inside a texture/in no-man's zone.

C. Can Elevators Be Patched??

Yes and No. Elevators are a physics and design flaw in the game. EVERY Call of Duty game has had them. The only thing TreyArch and/or InfinityWard can do is put a small barrier where you were elevating, thus blocking you from getting inside. Elevators can not be fixed, only prevented from use. Also another thing that causes an elevator is that your player is an object as well. Your player also has person little borders on him. Only when your player is fully standing, do the borders get put into place. So since you are in the elevator before you are fully stood up, the borders are not generated. They are also reloaded 100's of times a second. They are of course invincible

Off note: I would like to point out that the so called "Sub Base Elevator" does not lead you to a sky-walk. A sky-walk like in Overgrown on COD4 is a barrier/layer high up on the map. If you walk in certain places on sub base on the building, you will fall off. It is merely a cluster of building for a fake sky-walk.

Thank You and please +rep. Smile

The following 10 users say thank you to pcfreak30 for this useful post:

+tA Panda., aZlan, ChaozZ, D@ EnVvY!, EnD*, lilnatsfan44, Maniac, Mateen, MGS-SNAKE, Slash2793
03-08-2010, 01:59 AM #11
pcfreak30
>> PCFreak30.com Happy<<
*bump*

and if you would like me to teach this info in person, add me on XBL. My GT is in my profile. If your too lazy too look, then you are too lazy to learn. I have taught bout 10+ ppl more/less fully, and they have gone up 1+ times. Not hard once you get the hang of it... I am also on PSN, but rather not teach there do to how loud the mics are, I might need ear surgery.
03-08-2010, 02:16 AM #12
thank you a lot man i have looked around for this for a very long time.
03-08-2010, 05:03 AM #13
Imminent
NextGenUpdate Elite
good post mate.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo