05-28-2011, 03:36 PM #1
Wondoh
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

GameSpy Mw3 in the interrogation Room
Source: You must login or register to view this content. | By: GameSpy | May 27th, 2011

GameSpy uses their interrogation room for pre release game coverage. Here is a conversation between Will Tuttle (Editor in Chief) and Gus Mastrapa (Contributing Editor), of the recent demo showing of Modern Warfare 3 :y:

Be careful...Theres a lot to read

If you dont want to read it all proceed to page 3 :y:
But... you will miss the highly detailed gameplay :n:

[multipage=Conversation *Long* ]

Will: I don't know about you, Gus, but I was really looking forward to getting a first look at Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Say what you will about the series, but the folks at Infinity Ward (and, apparently, Sledgehammer Games) definitely know how to craft a cinematic first-person shooting experience. What did you think of the Manhattan level we got to check out?

Gus: The sequence felt pretty intense. You start out in a wrecked Humvee looking up at a narrow slice of sky between two New York skyscrapers -- a fierce aerial battle is going on overhead, to match the firefights on the streets. I was struck by the level of detail in the first moments. The wrecked cars and rubble on Wall Street looked eerily real. I wasn't quite so thrilled when the soldiers took to a ruined residential building; the apartments, with conveniently collapsed ceilings that made for excellent ramps, looked more like video game levels than lived-in spaces.

Will: I hear you on both of those fronts. I was really impressed by Modern Warfare 3's take on a war-torn Big Apple; I played through Crysis a few times and enjoyed Crytek's vision of New York City under siege, but I think Infinity Ward's got our annual "Most Convincing Destruction of a Major Metropolitan Area Award" locked up. I also liked the sequence that took place on the actual floor of the stock exchange, although a small part of me wanted to see a "No Russian"-style sequence titled "Die, Yuppie Scum." We also got to check out a few new weapons and loadouts. What did you think of those?

Gus: I'll be honest, Will -- I'm not the kind of Call of Duty player who really catches those kinds of details. To me, guns are guns. But I did notice a type of grenade called the Nine Bang -- which was used to stun a room fool of Russian solders. I'm not sure what makes a Nine Bang better than a regular flash bang, but it must be at least eight better, right? Maybe it says a lot about the kind of shooter player I am, but my favorite part of the New York sequence happened on the roof of the stock exchange, when the player picked up a briefcase and called air strikes down on neighboring rooftops. I'm a sucker for that bird's-eye view. And it was particularly rad when he nailed a chopper with one of his missiles. What did I miss in the gun department?

Will: The Nine Bang was one of the big innovations during the demo; we've definitely never seen it in a Modern Warfare game before. It basically looks like a flash bang cluster bomb, breaking up into multiple (I would hazard to guess nine) bomblets that each explode. I also saw a new grenade launcher weapon, although I noticed it doesn't really arc the shots so much as it fires them in a straight, bullet-like line. And the new scope basically allows you to switch between a close-range red dot sight and a longer-range ACOG (or something similar) scope by simply flipping it up or down. It's definitely cool, although it remains to be seen if that's specific to one type of weapon, or if you can swap it out. I loved the Reaper drone, too; like you, I'm a sucker for raining death down from above. So, were you surprised to see an on-rails helicopter sequence? I sure wasn't.

Gus: Honestly, I thought the moment when the team blew the communications tower atop the stock exchange would be the end of the demo. But the chopper chase was a real doozy. The player manned a mounted chain gun while the helicopter swooped around the tops of skyscrapers, with the whole thing culminating in an air duel around the skeleton of an under-construction skyscraper. The bits where the the player was trying to get a bead on the enemy bird reminded me of the final action scene from True Lies. I have to admit, though -- after a while, I felt a bit of rail fatigue. Either crash the chopper or land it. I want to get back to the ground war!

Will: Yeah, I felt the same way. I'm pretty sure every Modern Warfare game has featured a sequence in which a character mans a turret in a chopper, which gets hit by a rocket and spins out of control, nearly throwing the player out. But guess what? He gets saved by his buddy! I was surprised that they actually showed off another level, which took place on the docks of London. While I didn't see any landmarks (Look kids! Big Ben! Parliament!), the fact that it was dark and raining sure made me feel like I was on the other side of the pond. This sequence implied a lot more urgency than the New York parts, as a team needed to infiltrate some warehouses and nab a bad guy. What was the most memorable part of this for you?

Gus: For me, it was the little touches that made the "Mind the Gap" sequence feel real. Sure, you don't get an eyeful of recognizable landmarks, but the details here and there give a sense of place. The scenario starts, as usual, with a tactical view: Your eyes are on a kind of construction site where a caravan is of trucks is being loaded with some kind of dangerous terrorist contraband. Your point of entry is a small foreman's building overlooking the area. You can see the second strike team through the rain and the dark of an alley and, through a window, witness them taking out one of the armed guards. When you move in to push through that building, you see a TV broadcasting a soccer match. The guard -- engrossed with his favorite football club -- is a sitting duck.

Will: I really like those stealth sequences when you need to time your silenced shots and all of that. Something can definitely be said for the big, crazy explosions that followed that quiet sequence, but I hope the finished game has more of the latter and a bit less of the former. Of course, we'd be remiss if we didn't discuss just why this level was called "Mind the Gap..."

Gus: If you read the Daily Mail, you might already have an inkling about where things are going. Upon discovering that the final truck on the construction site is empty, the team becomes embroiled in a real firefight -- which means ducking and covering behind building materials while ventilating bad guys. At one point, a huge concrete pipe comes loose and rolls across the site, hopefully crushing a bad guy or two. When the good guys gain the advantage, the fight evolves into a chase. The bad guy escapes towards a subway tunnel and the soldiers make pursuit; the ensuing chase sequence, with the player in the back of a truck taking potshots at the terrorist jerk on a subway train, was deemed somewhat controversial according to the British tabloid. But they didn't see the entire chase: At one point, the subway passes a station full of civilians. A gunner with an itchy trigger finger could cause a lot of collateral damage if they wanted to. Like it or not, "Mind the Game" could be Modern Warfare 3's "No Russian."

Will: I was actually glad they ended the demo on this note, as I found this on-rails sequence much more intense than the helicopter one we discussed earlier. Still, I think just about everyone in attendance walked away feeling the same way: Modern Warfare 3 looks great, and it's sure to be a lot of fun, but we're getting to the point where these games all feel the same. It's hard to feel like we truly saw anything new or surprising, but hopefully Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer still have some tricks up their collective sleeves.

[multipage=Key facts ]

Now if you didnt read all of that which im guessing a lot of you didnt here are some key facts that i pulled out:

• The Nine Bang - we've definitely never seen it in a Modern Warfare game before. It basically looks like a flash bang cluster bomb, breaking up into multiple bomblets that each explode.
  • New grenade launcher weapon, although I noticed it doesn't really arc the shots so much as it fires them in a straight, bullet-like line.
  • And the new scope basically allows you to switch between a close-range red dot sight and a longer-range ACOG
  • Reaper drone? Quote: I'm a sucker for raining death down from above.
  • "Most Convincing Destruction of a Major Metropolitan Area Award" locked up.
  • Daily Mail london bombings - But they didn't see the entire chase: At one point, the subway passes a station full of civilians. A gunner with an itchy trigger finger could cause a lot of collateral damage if they wanted to. Like it or not, "Mind the Game" could be Modern Warfare 3's "No Russian."

These are the key facts i pulled out from the conversation, these are new Weapons and attachments that were shown in the live demo. Looks like grenade launchers make their return :n:
The new flashbang sounds pretty sick and no doubt it will be usable online too (nine bang)
Switchable scopes? this seems a step forward from the classic two separate attachments we have seen before.
There will be drones used in the missions : which could also be a new online killstreak?

The daily mail questioned the reference of the london subway bombings and and after the demo was shown Gamespy talk about how the terrorists dont shoot any civilians when passing the stations, and that the daily mail is probably exaggerating a lot.
I admit no russian was a bit too "dark" and pointless, but they are there for a reason and Activision have stated it is all fictional :y:

If you had time to read over the whole conversation than it seems very interesting, especially the talks surrounding the gameplay events of the live demo.
Im looking forward to Mw3 and it seems that the story is going to be bigger than ever with improved gameplay and lots of new features :y:
Last edited by Wondoh ; 05-28-2011 at 03:42 PM.
05-28-2011, 03:37 PM #2
Page 2, tl;dr can you shorten it in your own words what they're explaining?
05-28-2011, 03:39 PM #3
Wondoh
Former Staff
Originally posted by Whoreton View Post
Page 2, tl;dr can you shorten it in your own words what they're explaining?

Read page 3 if you want to here the conclusion :y:
Page 2 shows all the gameplay talk :y:
05-28-2011, 03:42 PM #4
Lydey
RyanBell RIP 20.3.11 GBNF
Originally posted by Wondoh View Post

GameSpy Mw3 in the interrogation Room
Source: You must login or register to view this content. | By: GameSpy | May 27th, 2011

GameSpy uses their interrogation room for pre release game coverage. Here is a conversation between Will Tuttle (Editor in Chief) and Gus Mastrapa (Contributing Editor), of the recent demo showing of Modern Warfare 3 :y:

Be careful...Theres a lot to read

If you dont want to read it all proceed to page 3 :y:
But... you will miss the highly detailed gameplay :n:

[multipage=Conversation ]

Will: I don't know about you, Gus, but I was really looking forward to getting a first look at Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Say what you will about the series, but the folks at Infinity Ward (and, apparently, Sledgehammer Games) definitely know how to craft a cinematic first-person shooting experience. What did you think of the Manhattan level we got to check out?

Gus: The sequence felt pretty intense. You start out in a wrecked Humvee looking up at a narrow slice of sky between two New York skyscrapers -- a fierce aerial battle is going on overhead, to match the firefights on the streets. I was struck by the level of detail in the first moments. The wrecked cars and rubble on Wall Street looked eerily real. I wasn't quite so thrilled when the soldiers took to a ruined residential building; the apartments, with conveniently collapsed ceilings that made for excellent ramps, looked more like video game levels than lived-in spaces.

Will: I hear you on both of those fronts. I was really impressed by Modern Warfare 3's take on a war-torn Big Apple; I played through Crysis a few times and enjoyed Crytek's vision of New York City under siege, but I think Infinity Ward's got our annual "Most Convincing Destruction of a Major Metropolitan Area Award" locked up. I also liked the sequence that took place on the actual floor of the stock exchange, although a small part of me wanted to see a "No Russian"-style sequence titled "Die, Yuppie Scum." We also got to check out a few new weapons and loadouts. What did you think of those?

Gus: I'll be honest, Will -- I'm not the kind of Call of Duty player who really catches those kinds of details. To me, guns are guns. But I did notice a type of grenade called the Nine Bang -- which was used to stun a room fool of Russian solders. I'm not sure what makes a Nine Bang better than a regular flash bang, but it must be at least eight better, right? Maybe it says a lot about the kind of shooter player I am, but my favorite part of the New York sequence happened on the roof of the stock exchange, when the player picked up a briefcase and called air strikes down on neighboring rooftops. I'm a sucker for that bird's-eye view. And it was particularly rad when he nailed a chopper with one of his missiles. What did I miss in the gun department?

Will: The Nine Bang was one of the big innovations during the demo; we've definitely never seen it in a Modern Warfare game before. It basically looks like a flash bang cluster bomb, breaking up into multiple (I would hazard to guess nine) bomblets that each explode. I also saw a new grenade launcher weapon, although I noticed it doesn't really arc the shots so much as it fires them in a straight, bullet-like line. And the new scope basically allows you to switch between a close-range red dot sight and a longer-range ACOG (or something similar) scope by simply flipping it up or down. It's definitely cool, although it remains to be seen if that's specific to one type of weapon, or if you can swap it out. I loved the Reaper drone, too; like you, I'm a sucker for raining death down from above. So, were you surprised to see an on-rails helicopter sequence? I sure wasn't.

Gus: Honestly, I thought the moment when the team blew the communications tower atop the stock exchange would be the end of the demo. But the chopper chase was a real doozy. The player manned a mounted chain gun while the helicopter swooped around the tops of skyscrapers, with the whole thing culminating in an air duel around the skeleton of an under-construction skyscraper. The bits where the the player was trying to get a bead on the enemy bird reminded me of the final action scene from True Lies. I have to admit, though -- after a while, I felt a bit of rail fatigue. Either crash the chopper or land it. I want to get back to the ground war!

Will: Yeah, I felt the same way. I'm pretty sure every Modern Warfare game has featured a sequence in which a character mans a turret in a chopper, which gets hit by a rocket and spins out of control, nearly throwing the player out. But guess what? He gets saved by his buddy! I was surprised that they actually showed off another level, which took place on the docks of London. While I didn't see any landmarks (Look kids! Big Ben! Parliament!), the fact that it was dark and raining sure made me feel like I was on the other side of the pond. This sequence implied a lot more urgency than the New York parts, as a team needed to infiltrate some warehouses and nab a bad guy. What was the most memorable part of this for you?

Gus: For me, it was the little touches that made the "Mind the Gap" sequence feel real. Sure, you don't get an eyeful of recognizable landmarks, but the details here and there give a sense of place. The scenario starts, as usual, with a tactical view: Your eyes are on a kind of construction site where a caravan is of trucks is being loaded with some kind of dangerous terrorist contraband. Your point of entry is a small foreman's building overlooking the area. You can see the second strike team through the rain and the dark of an alley and, through a window, witness them taking out one of the armed guards. When you move in to push through that building, you see a TV broadcasting a soccer match. The guard -- engrossed with his favorite football club -- is a sitting duck.

Will: I really like those stealth sequences when you need to time your silenced shots and all of that. Something can definitely be said for the big, crazy explosions that followed that quiet sequence, but I hope the finished game has more of the latter and a bit less of the former. Of course, we'd be remiss if we didn't discuss just why this level was called "Mind the Gap..."

Gus: If you read the Daily Mail, you might already have an inkling about where things are going. Upon discovering that the final truck on the construction site is empty, the team becomes embroiled in a real firefight -- which means ducking and covering behind building materials while ventilating bad guys. At one point, a huge concrete pipe comes loose and rolls across the site, hopefully crushing a bad guy or two. When the good guys gain the advantage, the fight evolves into a chase. The bad guy escapes towards a subway tunnel and the soldiers make pursuit; the ensuing chase sequence, with the player in the back of a truck taking potshots at the terrorist jerk on a subway train, was deemed somewhat controversial according to the British tabloid. But they didn't see the entire chase: At one point, the subway passes a station full of civilians. A gunner with an itchy trigger finger could cause a lot of collateral damage if they wanted to. Like it or not, "Mind the Game" could be Modern Warfare 3's "No Russian."

Will: I was actually glad they ended the demo on this note, as I found this on-rails sequence much more intense than the helicopter one we discussed earlier. Still, I think just about everyone in attendance walked away feeling the same way: Modern Warfare 3 looks great, and it's sure to be a lot of fun, but we're getting to the point where these games all feel the same. It's hard to feel like we truly saw anything new or surprising, but hopefully Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer still have some tricks up their collective sleeves.

[multipage=Key facts ]

Now if you didnt read all of that which im guessing a lot of you didnt here are some key facts that i pulled out:

• The Nine Bang - we've definitely never seen it in a Modern Warfare game before. It basically looks like a flash bang cluster bomb, breaking up into multiple bomblets that each explode.
  • New grenade launcher weapon, although I noticed it doesn't really arc the shots so much as it fires them in a straight, bullet-like line.
  • And the new scope basically allows you to switch between a close-range red dot sight and a longer-range ACOG
  • Reaper drone? Quote: I'm a sucker for raining death down from above.
  • "Most Convincing Destruction of a Major Metropolitan Area Award" locked up.
  • Daily Mail london bombings - But they didn't see the entire chase: At one point, the subway passes a station full of civilians. A gunner with an itchy trigger finger could cause a lot of collateral damage if they wanted to. Like it or not, "Mind the Game" could be Modern Warfare 3's "No Russian."

These are the key facts i pulled out from the conversation, these are new Weapons and attachments that were shown in the live demo. Looks like grenade launchers make their return :n:
The new flashbang sounds pretty sick and no doubt it will be usable online too (nine bang)
Switchable scopes? this seems a step forward from the classic two separate attachments we have seen before.
There will be drones used in the missions : which could also be a new online killstreak?

The daily mail questioned the reference of the london subway bombings and and after the demo was shown Gamespy talk about how the terrorists dont shoot any civilians when passing the stations, and that the daily mail is probably exaggerating a lot.
I admit no russian was a bit too "dark" and pointless, but they are there for a reason and Activision have stated it is all fictional :y:

If you had time to read over the whole conversation than it seems very interesting, especially the talks surrounding the gameplay events of the live demo.
Im looking forward to Mw3 and it seems that the story is going to be bigger than ever with improved gameplay and lots of new features :y:

what live demo ? link me link me
05-28-2011, 03:44 PM #5
Read page 3 if you want to here the conclusion :y:
Page 2 shows all the gameplay talk :y:

I read page 3, sounded koool Happy
05-28-2011, 03:46 PM #6
Wondoh
Former Staff
Originally posted by Lydey View Post
what live demo ? link me link me

It was shown only to gaming magazines and such, not released on the internet :n:
05-28-2011, 03:52 PM #7
Lydey
RyanBell RIP 20.3.11 GBNF
It was shown only to gaming magazines and such, not released on the internet :n:

yes it will lol if its released to them it will be released to us
05-28-2011, 03:54 PM #8
Wondoh
Former Staff
Originally posted by Lydey View Post
yes it will lol if its released to them it will be released to us

It was a game play showing, one of which was held in london, There may be a released leaked clip but wait until E3, then they will show us it or at least something similar :y:
05-28-2011, 09:36 PM #9
SYNKz
Banned
Hmmmm alot info but summed up to very little paragraph but other means can't wait for this game

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo