06-08-2011, 06:56 PM #1
Wondoh
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

I just read a new article posted by some guy who got a hands on play with the new Spec ops survival mode. Here are the main points from the article:

• The idea for survival mode is mainly based from Gears of War 2 Horde mode which was fun, highly addictive. And the Spec Ops survival mode is no exception.
  • The mode is designed for players to work as a team. The levels are taken from the multiplayer maps, and each both of you start with a simple pistol. As you kill incoming enemies you can take their weapons.
  • With each kill you earn points (better kills = more points ie headshots) if you kill five without taking damage you earn “killstreak” points.
  • As you earn cash, you can access boxes scattered around the map to purchase items, and weapons. Once you have a gun you like, you can then pay to upgrade it with things like a scope and a grenade launcher.
  • The level of enemy difficulty grows quickly as helicopters attack you, juggernaut soldiers in full body armor come after you also suicide enemies with C4 strapped to their chests.
  • There will be 3 boxes in total around the map, all three boxes are available at the start.
  • One of the boxes offers a handful of traditional killstreaks including attack dogs (also suicide C4 dogs) and sentry guns.
  • The other offers things like an airstrike or a Delta Team, which will send in four AI controlled allies who remain until the die.

Originally posted by another user
The most surprising thing about the survival mode is how fun it is. It seems like something that you have played before in other games—and it is—but the Call of Duty movements and weapons offer something fresh to the style. Shooting dogs strapped with C4 is always entertaining too, but the co-op aspect is going to make for a new way to play for many that skipped over the Modern Warfare 2 mode. Adding two more players might have been nice, but the frantic intensity of just you and a buddy may be worth it.

It sounds like it will be similar to zombies, with the pistol at the beginning and the boxes scattered about, but with the added modern feel to it. I can sure say that It sounds like something to look forward too. An extra bonus game type to play. BUT however, this I must say confirms that the Spec Ops survival mode will be 2 players only, which is different to the 4 players available in zombies.
Im looking forward to hopefully seeing some gameplay of the spec ops mode, and further detail of what to expect

To read the full article, click You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Wondoh ; 06-15-2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: fixed font size

The following user thanked Wondoh for this useful post:

itzkoolaid
06-08-2011, 07:02 PM #2
I wish zombies where back :(
06-08-2011, 07:03 PM #3
Ada Wong
So cute!
thanks useful!!
06-08-2011, 07:05 PM #4
Wondoh
Former Staff
Originally posted by gottascore19 View Post

you would rather another year of zombies??
I like the difference, its gone from zombies, to modern terrorist survival. Its a new game, they got to do something different to the game before :y:

The following user thanked Wondoh for this useful post:

Mercenary95
06-08-2011, 07:08 PM #5
Originally posted by gottascore19 View Post

Zombies in MW are you for real?

Zombies were Never and will never be in a MW, if you want to play zombies then go to Black Ops. That's the only thing black ops is good for For Zombies.

Also a Zombie release every year, no that doesn't sound right we would get bored of zombies fast.

The following user thanked Cole MacGrath for this useful post:

Wondoh
06-08-2011, 07:39 PM #6
Wondoh
Former Staff
Originally posted by AIDZ
Zombies in MW are you for real?

Zombies were Never and will never be in a MW, if you want to play zombies then go to Black Ops. That's the only thing black ops is good for For Zombies.

Also a Zombie release every year, no that doesn't sound right we would get bored of zombies fast.

exactly :p
zombies don't belong in modern warfare, there were always rumours about alien terrorists in mw2, but zombies is a no Awesome face
06-08-2011, 09:19 PM #7
Originally posted by Wondoh View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

I just read a new article posted by some guy who got a hands on play with the new Spec ops survival mode. Here are the main points from the article:

• The idea for survival mode is mainly based from Gears of War 2 Horde mode which was fun, highly addictive. And the Spec Ops survival mode is no exception.
  • The mode is designed for players to work as a team. The levels are taken from the multiplayer maps, and each both of you start with a simple pistol. As you kill incoming enemies you can take their weapons.
  • With each kill you earn points (better kills = more points ie headshots) if you kill five without taking damage you earn “killstreak” points.
  • As you earn cash, you can access boxes scattered around the map to purchase items, and weapons. Once you have a gun you like, you can then pay to upgrade it with things like a scope and a grenade launcher.
  • The level of enemy difficulty grows quickly as helicopters attack you, juggernaut soldiers in full body armor come after you also suicide enemies with C4 strapped to their chests.
  • There will be 3 boxes in total around the map, all three boxes are available at the start.
  • One of the boxes offers a handful of traditional killstreaks including attack dogs and sentry guns.
  • The other offers things like an airstrike or a Delta Team, which will send in four AI controlled allies who remain until the die.

It sounds like it will be similar to zombies, with the pistol at the beginning and the boxes scattered about, but with the added modern feel to it. I can sure say that It sounds like something to look forward too. An extra bonus game type to play. BUT however, this I must say confirms that the Spec Ops survival mode will be 2 players only, which is different to the 4 players available in zombies.
Im looking forward to hopefully seeing some gameplay of the spec ops mode, and further detail of what to expect

To read the full article, click You must login or register to view this content.

Basically their take on Hawkins Zombieland/other mw2 zombie mods..
06-08-2011, 09:35 PM #8
Wondoh
Former Staff
Originally posted by FaTe
Basically their take on Hawkins Zombieland/other mw2 zombie mods..

And zombieland is well fun and addictive :p
06-09-2011, 09:33 AM #9
Wondoh
Former Staff
I just thought... This could be one if the things to help battle battlefield, like to bring people and keep people on mw3.
I admit without spec ops mw3 will struggle, but still no online gameplay for mw3, it's letting us down :(

Sorry for double post :y:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo