THREAD: Robert Bowling- Perfect Weapon Balancing Not Possible
  1. 02-21-2012, 12:04 AM
    Chaz
    Tremble Underfoot
    Chaz
    Tremble Underfoot
    NextGenUpdate
    Robert Bowling States That Weapon Balancing is Subjective
    Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: Chaz-Angus // Feb 20. 2012

You must login or register to view this content.

In a recent interview, Creative Strategist for Infinity Ward, Robert Bowling, stated
    that crafting a perfectly balanced game is one of the hardest parts of making the game.

"I think ideal balance is possible, but perfect balance is subjective to the individual player," said Bowling in a recent interview with NowGamer. "So if we nerf shotguns, the people who love shotguns are going to be angry, and if we buff shotguns, the people who love shotguns will be happy, but everyone else will be upset. But Bowling admits that finding a perfect balance is "entirely subjective, as it all depends on your preferred play style."

Bowling also answered some questions about the obviously over-powered, and possibly over-used,
    Type 95. Bowling isn't oblivious to the criticism that the Type 95 receives.

"We do, and it’s because the Type 95 is a very easy weapon to use," said Bowling, "where something like the MK14 – which is what I’ve actually been using recently – is a very powerful weapon, but in my opinion it requires more skill to use than the Type 95."

It's not just down to player skill, however, with Bowling saying that - due to Type 95's "lower barrier to entry" - there's more exposure to the weapon, "so it’s only natural that it’s the gun that gets the most comments."

In the end, Bowling states that a players ability to get kills isn't determined by individual weapon stats.
    It is about skill level and a players own ability to get kills. If you wish you can read the full article You must login or register to view this content..

As much as I want to say Robert Bowling is wrong and the game is horrible, (just an opinion, don't get butthurt)
    he is absolutely right. No FPS that I have played so far in my lifetime has been perfectly balanced. It inevitably
    comes down to your own skill level and ability to get kills. Bowling is right on this one guys. No matter how you look at it.

Thanks for reading and stopping by!

Chaz-Angus :fa:

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

, , , , ,

3. 02-22-2012, 03:03 AM
    My Hate
    At least I can fight
    My Hate
    At least I can fight
    NextGenUpdate
    Just give everyone a USP .45. That'll stop the bitching.
  4. 02-22-2012, 05:47 AM
    Chaz
    Tremble Underfoot
    Chaz
    Tremble Underfoot
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by xXMerkCampinXx View Post
    Just give everyone a USP .45. That'll stop the bitching.

Nope. Has to be RPG's, or the XM-25. Something that is almost
    completely broken and hard to use :fa:
  5. 02-22-2012, 07:58 AM
    Dylan_NGU
    Little One
    Dylan_NGU
    Little One
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Robert Bowling States That Weapon Balancing is Subjective
    Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: Chaz-Angus // Feb 20. 2012

You must login or register to view this content.

In a recent interview, Creative Strategist for Infinity Ward, Robert Bowling, stated
    that crafting a perfectly balanced game is one of the hardest parts of making the game.

Bowling also answered some questions about the obviously over-powered, and possibly over-used,
    Type 95. Bowling isn't oblivious to the criticism that the Type 95 receives.

In the end, Bowling states that a players ability to get kills isn't determined by individual weapon stats.
    It is about skill level and a players own ability to get kills. If you wish you can read the full article You must login or register to view this content..

As much as I want to say Robert Bowling is wrong and the game is horrible, (just an opinion, don't get butthurt)
    he is absolutely right. No FPS that I have played so far in my lifetime has been perfectly balanced. It inevitably
    comes down to your own skill level and ability to get kills. Bowling is right on this one guys. No matter how you look at it.

Thanks for reading and stopping by!

Chaz-Angus :fa:

Where you say you havent ever played a perfectly balanced fps, Resistance: Fall of man
    I personally think that game was about as balanced as could possibly be.
    I wish people still played it ):
  6. 02-22-2012, 01:18 PM
    Chaz
    Tremble Underfoot
    Chaz
    Tremble Underfoot
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by NGU View Post
    Where you say you havent ever played a perfectly balanced fps, Resistance: Fall of man
    I personally think that game was about as balanced as could possibly be.
    I wish people still played it ):

Now that you mention it, I honestly do remember R:FOM being extremely well-balanced.
    Maybe not perfectly balanced, but pretty damn close! I remember that was the first multiplayer game I
    ever played. Oh the memories :happycry:
  7. 02-22-2012, 04:18 PM
    cbr400rr
    Do a barrel roll!
    cbr400rr
    Do a barrel roll!
    NextGenUpdate
    I feel the same way. Sometimes I would be running and bam I'm dead with one hit.. It's not a sniper it's the damn guy with a type 95! I don't even get a chance to react and I'm dead. On replay it shows I got shot twice two trigger pulls with a type95, and die instantly. My connection isn't slow either avg 25mps and 7 up.
  8. 02-22-2012, 04:33 PM
    Chaz
    Tremble Underfoot
    Chaz
    Tremble Underfoot
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by cbr400rr View Post
    I feel the same way. Sometimes I would be running and bam I'm dead with one hit.. It's not a sniper it's the damn guy with a type 95! I don't even get a chance to react and I'm dead. On replay it shows I got shot twice two trigger pulls with a type95, and die instantly. My connection isn't slow either avg 25mps and 7 up.

I just refuse to use it whenever I do play MW3. I usually stick with snipers or the MK14.
  9. 02-22-2012, 05:06 PM
    ResistTheSun
    <span style="background:url(http://oi60.tinypic.com/amtgtv.jpg);font-weight:bold;color:black;">In Flames Much?</span>
    ResistTheSun
    <span style="background:url(http://oi60.tinypic.com/amtgtv.jpg);font-weight:bold;color:black;">In Flames Much?</span>
    NextGenUpdate
    You can pretty much tell he a PR guy can't you
    Also think he wrong

COD suffers from balance issues due to poor design.
    Guns are too good in almost all areas and the same trying to make them the same.
    Why use a shotgun with limited range when i can use a AR and kills at all ranges with no downsides ?

That where your balance issues come from.

Perks and unlocks also create balance issues.
  10. 02-22-2012, 09:31 PM
    My Hate
    At least I can fight
    My Hate
    At least I can fight
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Nope. Has to be RPG's, or the XM-25. Something that is almost
    completely broken and hard to use :fa:

MP412. :y:
  11. 02-22-2012, 09:49 PM
    SuperSaiyanBiH
    ErrorÂ… Cat invasion!
    SuperSaiyanBiH
    ErrorÂ… Cat invasion!
    NextGenUpdate
    I actually think the MK14 is better then type95 i don't like the whole 3 burst thing it's stupid and the shot guns are over powered but there shot guns they have to be like that since they are mostly close range weapons..:fa: