THREAD: Which is better COD or Battlefield?
  1. 11-28-2017, 06:26 AM
    DGNGOD
    Brute
    DGNGOD
    Brute
    NextGenUpdate
    Hey NGU I am interested what you guys think about this question. Battlefield or COD? I thought I would ask this as my last question didnt*get many replies (1!) Not Happy or Sad but I hope lots of people will share what they think.
  2. 12-02-2017, 12:26 AM
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by ZJ360 View Post
    Hey NGU I am interested what you guys think about this question. Battlefield or COD? I thought I would ask this as my last question didnt*get many replies (1!) Not Happy or Sad but I hope lots of people will share what they think.

COD because it’s a faster paced game with smaller maps.
  3. The Following User Thanked .Megann. For This Useful Post:

4. 12-13-2017, 07:16 AM
    BulletProof3160
    Space Ninja
    BulletProof3160
    Space Ninja
    NextGenUpdate

Battlefield. There’s a lot more to it than cod but it’s not for everyone. CoD is a lot more basic as well.
  5. The Following User Thanked BulletProof3160 For This Useful Post:

6. 01-05-2018, 04:12 PM
    Captain.D.Usopp
    Space Ninja
    Captain.D.Usopp
    Space Ninja
    NextGenUpdate

in my opinion i decide which games based on how hard its since they're both FPS games. ok allow me to break it to you down i'm gonna compare them in terms of shooting and weapons and community here we go:

Weapons:
    The Call of Duty series started in World War II all the way back in 2003 on PCs, slowly gaining momentum and finding its way onto virtually every console and operating system in the known world. Its resounding success in the current day can be traced to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Featuring a selection of weapons that were considered modern to the past installments in the series, the franchise’s weaponry has only gotten more modern, and with the latest installment, futuristic. Personally, this is not to my liking. Any artist can sit around and draft designs of some futuristic shotgun that fires grenades and electrified proximity mines. In this day and age, that’s lazy. Its been done countless times, by every nickel and dime FPS on the market.

I believe that it takes more effort to research the weapons of a period and be surprised by the variety of them that were used, but are generally unknown to your common gamer, and to get those weapons right is a larger achievement. The battlefield series has done that most prolifically with its newest installment Battlefield 1. For instance, I knew that The Great War had the first widespread use of heavy machine guns, but I did not know that all sides implemented some of the first submachine guns on all sides as well, in addition to all the crazy rifles and explosives.

Shooting:
    t’s rare to find a game these days, especially a first person shooter, that doesn’t have responsive shooting. Considering a game in the genre’s success is how fun it makes it to shoot things, if it’s lacking, there is no hope. Not to imply that Call of Duty doesn’t make it fun to shoot things, to the contrary, Call of Duty’s shooting is some of the best on PCs and consoles. But with the last couple installments, I found that the Battlefield series has come out ahead.

Shooting feels slick and grounded, as compared to Call of Duty’s more arcade reminiscent dual wielding and wall running. Battlefield makes vehicles accessible to control and tough to master, but they’re always a blast to fire a few rounds into the carnage of battle. And the tools of war in the Battlefield series always seem to have such a gravity to them, a real feeling of power when you’re firing even the smallest weapon. I find that too often in Call of Duty I’m just firing the same re-skinned peashooter, leaving the weapons feeling lacking and the shooting feeling like more of a slog than a good time.

Community:

Online multiplayer shooters are usually competitive, with the exception of a few games modes that have you facing hordes, such as Call of Duty’s trademark zombie mode. With competition, especially in online gaming, come toxic players. Players that spam mics, team kill, block doorways, and trash talk like drunken sailors. Honestly, who knew that your twelve your old neighbor had such a colorfully vulgar vocabulary? Despite this usual stigma of online companions, in my experience, the Battlefield games are the exception.

Considering that most vehicles operate better with two or more players, teamwork becomes a crucial part of racking up the kills. In addition, the class based system in the Battlefield games means that most players aren’t outfitted to be one man wrecking crews; teamwork is required to successfully hold control points or turn the tide of opposing players. You won’t find one elite player bunny hopping around the map, akimbo firing machine guns and calling in air strikes. Because the Battlefield games reward you with points for helping your teammates, like reviving as a medic or resupplying ammo as a supply class, your teammates actually become just that, teammates. It beats having a twelve year old with a mouth full of Doritos scream at you for being a noob.
  7. The Following User Thanked Captain.D.Usopp For This Useful Post:

8. 01-05-2018, 04:19 PM
    Captain.D.Usopp
    Space Ninja
    Captain.D.Usopp
    Space Ninja
    NextGenUpdate
    Based on the few Facts i mentioned above Battlefield is by far more superior and better than COD. and i didn't even mention Vehicles, Development, Destruction, Classes, Realism. one of the main reasons why COD was popular its because majority of it are 12, 10 years so on and so forth that are playing the game. furthermore COD will not even come close to games such as PlanetSide 2, Arma, BF2, BF2142, BC2, etc

again i'm saying this my opinion. i played both games and really enjoyed them. especially Black ops when there's nobody using Mod and such.
    Last edited by Captain.D.Usopp ; 01-05-2018 at 04:22 PM.

9. The Following User Thanked Captain.D.Usopp For This Useful Post:

10. 01-31-2018, 06:35 AM
    NextGenUpdate
    I enjoy both of them in their own right.
  11. The Following User Thanked PhantomPhreak23 For This Useful Post: