01-18-2011, 11:38 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Why 12? because 12 is cool, and cool... IS 12!

Anyway,

To learn C++ you need the following

• DevCPP (C++ Compiler)
  • A website C++ Tutorial bookmarked!
  • A open and creative mind
  • A natual fear of GOTO LOOPS!

Ok first off the DevCPP compiler.
    This is a well known free source C++ compiler written in Delphi, and is used by many educational colleges, we have it on all our 400 computers at my technology college.

https://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

[url=https://sourceforge.net/projects/dev-cpp/files/Binaries/Dev-C%2B%2B%204.9.9.2/devcpp-4.9.9.2_setup.exe/download]Download link[/url]

Secondly, the C++ tutorial (BOOKMARK IT)
    This website is great, I studied C++ here before i started my software development course and it gave me a massive advantage over the group (plus i looked UBERGEEK Happy) 

The website is [url=https://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/]C++ Language Tutorial[/url]

An open creative mind!
    It is almost required to be able to solve problems in C++ and i tell you know, you will literately spend 5% of your time actually programming, and 95% fixing your code. the same C++ program can almost be written in at least 10 different ways (10 different major ways like almost completely different)

Finally, a natural fear of GOTO LOOPS
    When learning C++, you might come across the goto loop, or might have used it in batch scripts. Dont ask any questions, just dont use it, you will be laugh at. End of.

Hope this helps you guys set of on your own C++ journey, there are many laughs to be made especially when your friend fries a CPU chip with a faulty loop :Sad AwesomeD.

The following 3 users say thank you to TheUberFail for this useful post:

Nuke, skatin707, Toon_Squad
01-25-2011, 09:54 PM #20
GoonerSam
Who’s Jim Erased?
So, what would you say if the easiest computer language to understand?

Also, could you give me some examples of where C++ is used (Like Java is used for runescape :carlingSmile
01-25-2011, 10:04 PM #21
Originally posted by GoonerSam View Post
So, what would you say if the easiest computer language to understand?

Also, could you give me some examples of where C++ is used (Like Java is used for runescape :carlingSmile

The easiest? in what way. your probably best of if you have no experience, start HTML and work your way into PHP, then PHP will become your first programming language.
01-25-2011, 10:42 PM #22
GoonerSam
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by TheUberFail View Post
The easiest? in what way. your probably best of if you have no experience, start HTML and work your way into PHP, then PHP will become your first programming language.

Well, considering I know practically nothing about Comp-speech, and I'm currently working on building a address book (in vb) - Is there an easier alternative, that has some similarities?
01-25-2011, 10:43 PM #23
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
What you mean your inside a computer? lol, well it took me 2 months to graps the basics of C++, the syntax, the functions, data structures, data types, arrays, pointers, pretty much everything thenewboston guy covers, just after i finished learning that i started my national diploma in software development, and met a peer whos a microsoft certified software developer, he helped me grass the concept of classes and librarys, pretty useful.

Do you know any one else who wants to learn C++?

ok, i dont know anyone who wants to learn :( also good luck developing software.
01-25-2011, 11:10 PM #24
angel_of_deth
Climbing up the ladder
nice sig of uchiha madara

lol yea it used to be red didn't do much to it but it does it for me :black:

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Originally posted by EnD
Video tutorials only show you how to pretty much "copy and paste" codes into Visual Basic. You fully know C++ when you can write a "one of kind" program all by yourself.

you half right but what the copy and paste was intended for was to get you thinking and used to some of how c++ works or any language for that but like you said it inst untill you do something your self you start to grasp the concept more
01-26-2011, 07:43 AM #25
Originally posted by deth View Post
lol yea it used to be red didn't do much to it but it does it for me :black:

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

you half right but what the copy and paste was intended for was to get you thinking and used to some of how c++ works or any language for that but like you said it inst untill you do something your self you start to grasp the concept more

the only painfull thing with copy and paste, you dont actually learn C++, you just learn how to replicate simple code.

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

for example, if statements are not just if(variable operator variable), they dont have to have any operators in there, the correct syntax is actually, if(test expression){code...}

the test expression can be anything that evaluates to either 0, or 1, (true/false)

int life=50,cash=750;
bool isFullscreen=TRUE;

if(life != 50) //false
if(isFullscreen) //anything inside ( ) evaluates to true, isFullscreen is already true, so evaluates to true.
if(!isFullscreen) //! says is this variable false? its true, so the test expression is false

| and &

| stands for OR, & stands for AND,

for example

if(test expression | test expression) //if(life==150 | cash ==750)

life does not == 150, but cash does == 750, since this is a OR, it checks the first test expression, if false it moves onto the next one, if true, it will return true, for the entire if statement.

if(test expression & test expression) //if(cash != 75 & life == 750)

for this if statement to return true, BOTH test expressions need to evaluate to true because it is AND.

true | true //true
false | false //false
true | false //true

true & true //true
false & false //false
true & false //false

If statements can be as complicated as you want them as long as you remember BODMAS (google it)

if( (true | false) | (false&false) & ((true&true)|false) )
// True or false?
01-26-2011, 09:25 AM #26
Smiithy2010
What You Looking At Fool?
I Think video tutorials are easier to learn things from because they show you exactly what to do or a voice tutorial but thats just me
01-26-2011, 03:31 PM #27
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Originally posted by Girby2K11 View Post
im 13 and i learnt C++ fro mthe newboston on youtube and this tutorial on that website i cant understand it i prefer video tuorials but ill try to learn off this website

Ya I used him, C++ for dummies, and C++ for Noobs: Complete Soonfed on youtube from antiRTFM. IT really is spoonfeed and the tuts are great.
01-26-2011, 03:49 PM #28
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
Originally posted by Dutch View Post
Ya I used him, C++ for dummies, and C++ for Noobs: Complete Soonfed on youtube from antiRTFM. IT really is spoonfeed and the tuts are great.

k thanks ima try them

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo