03-01-2011, 11:39 PM #1
BobbyDee
OMG Its Jebus
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey,
I would really like to learn C++ coding as I would like to do something involving coding in the future and just haven't any idea where to start and what to do. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me. Thanks in Advance

Sorry wrong section could a mod please move to questions. Thanks
Last edited by BobbyDee ; 03-01-2011 at 11:44 PM.
03-02-2011, 12:02 AM #2
HecmanHD
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by BobbyDee View Post
Hey,
I would really like to learn C++ coding as I would like to do something involving coding in the future and just haven't any idea where to start and what to do. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me. Thanks in Advance

hey m8 u can check youtube, theres a lot of extensive tutorials about C++ Winky Winky I could help u but I am very involved in studies and barely have time lol
03-02-2011, 01:56 AM #3
1st of all u most know wat C++ is thats step1
03-02-2011, 09:32 AM #4
Edit Mw2 Patches =D

But if your new at coding, start with Python, its easiest...
03-02-2011, 11:07 AM #5
Hey,

buy the book

sams teach your self c++ very good book

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Originally posted by Tuhoaja View Post
Edit Mw2 Patches =D

But if your new at coding, start with Python, its easiest...

he said c++ not gsc or python :L :black:
03-03-2011, 04:02 PM #6
DeLeTeD
Maggbot timeout!
dont waste time with c++. If your looking for a desktop based language go with c sharp. C++ is cluttered with all useless crap and takes 50 lines to do what you can do in one. its a much newer language and runs well. Plus with F# multi processing for the future. You can't go wrong.

Alternatively web language php ftw. Anything can be done on php <3
03-04-2011, 08:55 PM #7
Originally posted by DeLeTeD View Post
dont waste time with c++. If your looking for a desktop based language go with c sharp. C++ is cluttered with all useless crap and takes 50 lines to do what you can do in one. its a much newer language and runs well. Plus with F# multi processing for the future. You can't go wrong.

Alternatively web language php ftw. Anything can be done on php <3

C++ is more efficient than C# in some aspects, as for PHP, not everything can be done in PHP, OOP aspect of php is slow, every programming language (not coding) has its fair share of purpose amongst other languages.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Hey,

You must login or register to view this content. Great source, where i learnt from. Smile

The following user thanked TheUberFail for this useful post:

BobbyDee
03-05-2011, 01:42 AM #8
Hey,

I would suggest taking a look at "thenewbostons" tutorial series on C++ coding and in that series he really helps you out and makes everything sound simple.
The link to his chanell is You must login or register to view this content. and just take a look at his uploads till you see them. He has 900+ videos and is a helpful guy.
Hope this helps.
03-15-2011, 03:39 AM #9
DeLeTeD
Maggbot timeout!
Originally posted by TheUberFail View Post
C++ is more efficient than C# in some aspects, as for PHP, not everything can be done in PHP, OOP aspect of php is slow)

C# is more efficient, I can do one line of code instead of 50 on c++. You must not of used both at a more advanced level.

OOP works just fine if used correctly.

The following user thanked DeLeTeD for this useful post:

schnzrs
03-15-2011, 06:33 AM #10
schnzrs
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by DeLeTeD View Post
C# is more efficient, I can do one line of code instead of 50 on c++. You must not of used both at a more advanced level.

OOP works just fine if used correctly.

I agree.

I'll take C# any day over C++. C++ is really showing its age. C# has some other nice features like XNA Game Studio (Xbox + Windows game creation on Xbox Live arcade).

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo