03-06-2011, 05:40 AM #1
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); *Note*: I realize I am not going to be able to find any college level OpenGL/SFML/ and C++ programmers so this is basically a project to get the experience of makeing a 3D MMOFPS and to learn about 3D game programming. I am hoping though that after all the work and practice this team should have enough knowledge to make this game big and make money off it.

What is TheTechTouch?
Originally posted by another user

TheTechTouch is my game programming/software programming company. This is also the (working) title of this team.

Why is this thread here?

Well, I have been interested in game design for a few months now and have looked into making a game. I have now decided that I should make some type of MMO since they do so well (Runescape). Now I realize RS is an MMORPG but I think MMOFPS could do just as good. (I want to make an MMOFPS because I like games with guns.) Combat Arms for example is an MMOFPS and it does well from sales of the armor/weapons. I am looking to do the same with a team.
This team will be following this guide: You must login or register to view this content.
I realize that is for MMORPG's but our MMOFPS starts the same as that.

What are the requirements?

Programmers:
To join this team you must know the following Libraries/Language:
1. OpenGL 3.3 - We will use VBO's for drawing.
2. SFML - Used for a crossplatform windowing system/networking system.
3. C++ - The language that will be used to make this game due to its powerful nature and its OOP design.
4. Must know how networks work. Ex. Server to Client Communication or vise versa.

Artists:
1. Know how to model in 3D and create 3D People/Map/Items.
2. Must be good at texturing

Designer:
1. Must be very creative

How do I apply?

1. Quote/Message me here.
2. Go to my site (link in my sig) and go to jobs and apply.
3. Email me at: [email][email protected][/email]
4. MSN: TTT_Dutch

What do I say?

1. How much experience you have.
2. What you first name/age is. (Do not lie about your age to make yourself seem more experienced please)
3. What you can bring to the team.

Extra Notes:

1. Do not apply if you do not know the more advanced concepts of those three requirements. Ex. You only know about loops/variable in C++ /or\ You only know about how to setup a window in SFML /or\ You only know how to draw a triangle with glBegin and glEnd in OpenGL (we will be using VBO/VAO's).

2. You will not get paid until the game makes money.

3. I am looking for a team with 6 experienced programmers, 3 experienced artists, and 1 musician.

4. This game consists of these components:

• **Graphics**
  • Input
  • Music and sound
  • **Game logic and artificial intelligence**
  • **Networking**
  • User interface and menuing system

** = Harder/More important componenets

5. You can see who is on the team on my site. (link in sig). It wont be updated as I havent talked to my web developer yet today. RathHavoc has been recruited though. Kiwimoosical is next I think.
Last edited by Ritztro ; 03-11-2011 at 04:23 AM.
03-09-2011, 06:37 AM #20
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Update: Setup SVN!!! I can easily commit and remove changes, etc!!!
03-09-2011, 08:09 AM #21
x-MaGiiKZz-o
Who’s Jim Erased?
I'm learning C++ and other coding languages, not at a high enough level yet however if I get the right program, I am great at 3D artwork, texturing etc...
03-09-2011, 12:52 PM #22
Originally posted by o View Post
I'm learning C++ and other coding languages, not at a high enough level yet however if I get the right program, I am great at 3D artwork, texturing etc...

There called programming languages, not coding languages.
03-09-2011, 03:44 PM #23
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer

Alright let me see your work with 3D and texturing then.
03-09-2011, 05:46 PM #24
x-MaGiiKZz-o
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by Dutch View Post
Alright let me see your work with 3D and texturing then.

I have made some in GoogleSketchup, some buildings, models and some designs there?
03-09-2011, 11:23 PM #25
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
I have made some in GoogleSketchup, some buildings, models and some designs there?

Ok first off that question scares me do to the fact that you state something and put a ? at the end. Secondly if I am interperating it right then yes that is ok, as long as i can open them up in blender. BTW blender is free.
03-10-2011, 07:55 AM #26
x-MaGiiKZz-o
Who’s Jim Erased?
Ok first off that question scares me do to the fact that you state something and put a ? at the end. Secondly if I am interperating it right then yes that is ok, as long as i can open them up in blender. BTW blender is free.

Ok, my B-Day is 20 March, getting new laptop. Cant download any new programmes on this one as it isn't mine. I will get all the software next week on my new laptop. I can still send you some of my creations I have already made, later today. I am going out but I will be back on tonight and will be able to send some.
03-11-2011, 04:20 AM #27
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Ok, my B-Day is 20 March, getting new laptop. Cant download any new programmes on this one as it isn't mine. I will get all the software next week on my new laptop. I can still send you some of my creations I have already made, later today. I am going out but I will be back on tonight and will be able to send some.

Ok I will be waiting. Upload them here.
03-11-2011, 07:51 AM #28
x-MaGiiKZz-o
Who’s Jim Erased?

As an attachment, yes?

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

The files for my models are on my little laptop, will transfer it through a USB onto the one I use,( the other one is slow). I dont have the model programme on this one but I can still send you it. I'll do it when I come back later on. Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo