03-02-2013, 03:49 PM #1
|C++|
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My parents have been encouraging me to apply to a C++ cource at bmcc (brooklyn....community college). The cource is 250$ and its about a month. My only worry is that id me taking ths class for no reason. Here is the cource outline

Originally posted by another user
In this class you will learn:

Decision statements
Functions
Loops and data types
Program structures
Arrays
C++ programming syntax
The essential elements of an object-oriented program
The differences between C and C++
The pros and cons of C++
C++ programming terminology
How to write programs to read user input data
Classes, templates and inheritance
And much more!!

I feel that i know all of this, i dont mean to sound cocky but the most this class can do for me is prob reignite some dim flames in the back of my head.
Do i even get credits or a degree for this?

Then again i do know what its like to be in a class room in opposed to reading a c++ book, and there are just some experiences that you might not get on your own than in a classroom.

The main benefit might be another thing to put on your resume(i took a c++ cource at 15 yr old)

The funny thing is im only 15 so i probally wont evn be allowed to take this cource. But im making this just in case

The following user groaned |C++| for this awful post:

Cmd-X
03-04-2013, 09:53 PM #2
Originally posted by C
My parents have been encouraging me to apply to a C++ cource at bmcc (brooklyn....community college). The cource is 250$ and its about a month. My only worry is that id me taking ths class for no reason. Here is the cource outline

I feel that i know all of this, i dont mean to sound cocky but the most this class can do for me is prob reignite some dim flames in the back of my head.
Do i even get credits or a degree for this?

Then again i do know what its like to be in a class room in opposed to reading a c++ book, and there are just some experiences that you might not get on your own than in a classroom.

The main benefit might be another thing to put on your resume(i took a c++ cource at 15 yr old)

The funny thing is im only 15 so i probally wont evn be allowed to take this cource. But im making this just in case

I don't think you should. That's pretty basic shit... and you probably already know all of that.
03-05-2013, 03:54 AM #3
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Get a C++ book or two, look for someone who has a Beginner and Intermediate series. Buy those and study.

I'm going through Computer Science and I can tell you this; most of the learning is done at home. I sit in class for 3 hours a week and am expected to spend a minimum of 8 hours (4 unit class = 2 hours per unit) a week studying and practicing the language.

You can instead save the money and just take it at home.

The advantage to taking the course however would be you can ask an instructor questions.

The following user thanked Pichu for this useful post:

Complete Speed
03-06-2013, 03:27 AM #4
Complete Speed
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Pichu View Post
Get a C++ book or two, look for someone who has a Beginner and Intermediate series. Buy those and study.

I'm going through Computer Science and I can tell you this; most of the learning is done at home. I sit in class for 3 hours a week and am expected to spend a minimum of 8 hours (4 unit class = 2 hours per unit) a week studying and practicing the language.

You can instead save the money and just take it at home.

The advantage to taking the course however would be you can ask an instructor questions.

i'm just gonna touch on the asking instructor questions part. when i went through tutorials like thenewboston and codecademy i felt i could understood most of it, but there were always questions i wanted to ask. especially when it got into like polymorphism and other and on c++ the hardest was learning templates and such. which i think would have been a lot easier had i had some one to go back and over view or explain to me step by step on what just happened.
03-06-2013, 03:38 AM #5
Cmd-X
It's been awhile.
Originally posted by C
Should i take a c++ cource at a college

*course

Also, this is a retarded thread my good sir, do whatever the fuck you want, don't ask us, our opinions don't matter. Do what makes you happy.

The following user groaned Cmd-X for this awful post:

Pichu
03-06-2013, 03:40 AM #6
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by Integer View Post
i'm just gonna touch on the asking instructor questions part. when i went through tutorials like thenewboston and codecademy i felt i could understood most of it, but there were always questions i wanted to ask. especially when it got into like polymorphism and other and on c++ the hardest was learning templates and such. which i think would have been a lot easier had i had some one to go back and over view or explain to me step by step on what just happened.

First, I'd recommend that you learn from a book rather than TNB, although he is good for introductory learning and examples. A book goes over terms and will properly teach you.
03-11-2013, 09:11 PM #7
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
Community College :ha!:

The following user thanked JP for this useful post:

Nubz
03-11-2013, 09:16 PM #8
jimmymc12
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by X View Post
*course

Also, this is a retarded thread my good sir, do whatever the fuck you want, don't ask us, our opinions don't matter. Do what makes you happy.

that seems abit harsh dont you think
03-11-2013, 09:22 PM #9
Cmd-X
It's been awhile.
Originally posted by jimmymc12 View Post
that seems abit harsh dont you think

Are you joking? No way man, how would our opinions matter? This is his life, he should do what he wants no matter what anyone thinks.
03-11-2013, 09:23 PM #10
jimmymc12
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by X View Post
Are you joking? No way man, how would our opinions matter? This is his life, he should do what he wants no matter what anyone thinks.

yeah i know that much but they way that sounds in your last quote sounds like your angry

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo