08-25-2013, 06:59 AM #1
webzy
Work hard get Better
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Hello everyone.

I am Webzy, I have been a member on NextGenUpdate for the last 3 years, during this time period I had the
unfortunate experience of being deceived, into many fraudulent deals from the General Auction fourm section.

Through my own lack of, awareness or be it true my trusting nature I lost the most important thing of all, my
NextGenUpdate Premium account.

Which I have only gotten back quite recently with the help of ''Vince'', so to give back to all you guy's and to show
my appreciation here at NextGenUpdate I will teach you the ''Tell Tale Signs' of a Scam Artist.

If It's to good to be true it normally is !

Identifying features of a Scammer.

1 . Overly Friendly ''

( Will accept or manipulate a situation with '' Kind Gestures '' ultimately achieving his 'Goal' gaining your ''Trust'' )

2 . To Insistent ''

( Scammer's will want to '' attain '' what you have with '' Speed '' as the faster he does the less '' Noticeable '' it is )

3 . The Sob Story ''

( Happens when you ask him to go first '' I have been scammed way to may times '' this happens so you feel sorry for him and he is hoping he appeals to your good nature ultimately Tricking you )

4 . Back's out ''

( Everything will be fine until, '' I want to use a Middleman i.e Mod '' he does not reply as said Scam won't work then )

5 . Promises To Much ''

( Lastly but most importantly '' Scam artist, offer's greater than yours '' he is feeding your greed for his own gain )

If you are a kind trusting person, like most are this will help you '' spot that Wolf under the sheep skin '' and escape
a loss of personal information, an account, or hard earned money.

Importantly If you have experienced any of the ''Above'' with a member here Immediately report him to a Moderator,
Administrator as that will then stop accused from fear of being caught out as what he is.

Thank you everyone have a nice safe day.
Last edited by webzy ; 08-25-2013 at 07:05 AM.

The following 21 users say thank you to webzy for this useful post:

RAB, Burgundy85, ClutchNastii671, DesperateAsshole, Geo, Hmoob_Mods, iHaxel, imD, Immaculate., Lord Ike, Mago de Oz, mano254, Mr Grumpy, MrHackerDude1, MrRa1n, NUKES-X-MODS-X, ShinigamiUzi, TheMightyMoJo, TheMrB, xGunz
01-15-2014, 01:52 PM #2
xGunz
Every Path is no Mistake
great work my friend , this may be a big help for new users Enzo
01-15-2014, 01:53 PM #3
webzy
Work hard get Better
Originally posted by xGunz View Post
great work my friend , this may be a big help for new users :y:

Thank you, xGunz, I just hope they take the time to read the auction information sub forum post's
before they venture into a deal.
01-15-2014, 01:56 PM #4
MrRa1n
League Champion
Good thread mate, hopefully this gets seen by a lot of people and we can flush the scammers out Smile
01-15-2014, 01:59 PM #5
RAB
Splicer
good thread :y:
01-15-2014, 02:05 PM #6
webzy
Work hard get Better
Thanks guy's just trying to help old and new members out cheer's Happy.
01-15-2014, 02:05 PM #7
webzy
Work hard get Better
Originally posted by Ra1n View Post
Good thread mate, hopefully this gets seen by a lot of people and we can flush the scammers out Smile

Originally posted by RAB View Post

Forgot to quote:Facepalm:
01-15-2014, 02:13 PM #8
RAB
Splicer
Originally posted by webzy View Post
Forgot to quote:Facepalm:

haha no worries mate Happy hopefully this will help i myself have had people scam me in the past but i have my ways of avoiding that now Smile
01-15-2014, 02:15 PM #9
webzy
Work hard get Better
Originally posted by Ra1n View Post

haha no worries mate Happy hopefully this will help i myself have had people scam me in the past but i have my ways of avoiding that now Smile

We all learn from our mistakes, and with that maybe we can advise those around us to as NGU is
a community, a family we should all look out for one and another.

I'm off but add me if you'd like Happy thanks again for the input and taking the time to read.
01-15-2014, 02:19 PM #10
I learned this from getting scammed about 10 times. Never give somthing out first if your making a trade unless you absolutely know they are legit. Or if you know your background infornation on whatever you are trading to get what you lost back. :p

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo