03-17-2016, 07:07 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I made my PSN account years ago, and to be honest it kinda got stale for me and I would love to be able to change it some time in the future...
What do you guys think will Sony ever implement a feature that would let us change our usernames(like xbox) or are we stuck with what we got?

(sure I could just make a new account, but then I would lose all of my platinums)
03-17-2016, 07:29 AM #2
Dank
Not Former Staff
IIRC they said they were unable to do it and would implement it into their next network. It's been awhile though...
03-17-2016, 07:37 AM #3
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by iEarnTrophies View Post
So I made my PSN account years ago, and to be honest it kinda got stale for me and I would love to be able to change it some time in the future...
What do you guys think will Sony ever implement a feature that would let us change our usernames(like xbox) or are we stuck with what we got?

(sure I could just make a new account, but then I would lose all of my platinums)

Not if I can create a new account and just mod my trophies on ps3, and sync. Done deal :p
03-17-2016, 02:49 PM #4
So I made my PSN account years ago, and to be honest it kinda got stale for me and I would love to be able to change it some time in the future...

No, you're stuck with the chosen name. If they ever add the feature, it'd probably be a platform wide firmware update, including PS4, PS3, and Vita, or it'd just be accessible from their site.
Originally posted by Dank View Post
IIRC they said they were unable to do it and would implement it into their next network. It's been awhile though...

They said they didn't want the feature because it'd be 'hard' to track users, especially ones under review of cheating. I find this hard to believe, since each user has their own accountid, and as far as I know, accountid don't change.

The following user thanked Frosty for this useful post:

iEarnTrophies
03-17-2016, 03:51 PM #5
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
No, you're stuck with the chosen name. If they ever add the feature, it'd probably be a platform wide firmware update, including PS4, PS3, and Vita, or it'd just be accessible from their site.

They said they didn't want the feature because it'd be 'hard' to track users, especially ones under review of cheating. I find this hard to believe, since each user has their own accountid, and as far as I know, accountid don't change.

My thoughts exactly, either they're too lazy, or they just plain don't want to give that feature to us... but still they might do it if you ask me, because users have been asking for this feature for like 10 years, and xbox has this feature, so they might do something about it, not sure tho. even if it had a fee I'd have no problem paying for it tbh
03-17-2016, 03:58 PM #6
My thoughts exactly, either they're too lazy, or they just plain don't want to give that feature to us... but still they might do it if you ask me, because users have been asking for this feature for like 10 years, and xbox has this feature, so they might do something about it, not sure tho. even if it had a fee I'd have no problem paying for it tbh

Should be part of the PS+ package with 2-3 name changes per month.

The following user thanked Frosty for this useful post:

iEarnTrophies
03-17-2016, 04:07 PM #7
That'd be awesome, but I doubt we'll see it any time soon sadly :L
03-19-2016, 03:43 AM #8
That'd be awesome, but I doubt we'll see it any time soon sadly :L

Well, if that's all, I'll be closing this thread. If you have further questions, create a new thread.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo