Post: When writing a PHP file should you declare HTML content within HTML and BODY tags?
05-07-2016, 02:50 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've just started learning PHP and I have a question. I'm running XAMPP and just echoing a variable into a paragraph. This paragraph element still displays regardless of whether I put it inside <HTML> or <BODY> tags? In PHP do you need to declare HTML and BODY or do you just write markup wherever you like?

If this is in the wrong area I apologize
05-07-2016, 03:21 AM #2
Toxic
former staff
Originally posted by Kaptai View Post
I've just started learning PHP and I have a question. I'm running XAMPP and just echoing a variable into a paragraph. This paragraph element still displays regardless of whether I put it inside <HTML> or <BODY> tags? In PHP do you need to declare HTML and BODY or do you just write markup wherever you like?

Moved to programming inquires.
Do you want the echo by itself in the page? like without any html tags?
Sorry if i got you wrong, did not fully understand your question tbh :p
05-07-2016, 03:45 AM #3
Specter
Pro Memer
Originally posted by Kaptai View Post
I've just started learning PHP and I have a question. I'm running XAMPP and just echoing a variable into a paragraph. This paragraph element still displays regardless of whether I put it inside <HTML> or <BODY> tags? In PHP do you need to declare HTML and BODY or do you just write markup wherever you like?

Anything not enclosed within <?php and ?> tags are considered markup. See example below;

<?php
$age = 10;
?>

<b><?php echo $age; ?></b>

The code is kind of useless but it's an example, $age = 10 is PHP and enclosed in PHP tags. After that we're using HTML code using bold tags and echoing age in php tags again. I hope you kind of understand what I'm trying to illustrate here.

The following user thanked Specter for this useful post:

Kexploit

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo