06-01-2016, 03:49 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); so this code works for ccapi 2.50 but now with the latest version it just gives errors, pls help

You must login or register to view this content.
06-08-2016, 02:23 PM #2
.NETGuard
Save Point
Show us the error in the ErrorList box please.

By the way, "this." is not meant to be hard-coded in front of fields, so either your coding habits are bad OR you maye have decompiled a program and just copy & pasted its source.

The following 2 users say thank you to .NETGuard for this useful post:

iMoDz|Shadow,
06-08-2016, 11:35 PM #3
got it from a source, no idea what tho, i've had it for a long time
06-08-2016, 11:48 PM #4
Default Avatar
Remy
Originally posted by .NETGuard View Post

By the way, "this." is not meant to be hard-coded in front of fields, so either your coding habits are bad OR you maye have decompiled a program and just copy & pasted its source.

In the modding community everyone and their mum put "this." in front of everything, not sure why but annoys the fuck out of me when I see it Sal nothing new

The following user groaned Remy for this awful post:

Toxic
06-09-2016, 03:16 AM #5
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Remy View Post
In the modding community everyone and their mum put "this." in front of everything, not sure why but annoys the fuck out of me when I see it Sal nothing new

Um no, that's generally how most of the world references objects. In this case "this" being the form. It's not really needed but in most examples you find on the internet you will see that.

If you were to reference another form's object it would be form_whatever.textbox_whatever.
06-09-2016, 08:23 AM #6
.NETGuard
Save Point

Still, you have to show us the error from the ErrorList box Smile

Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Um no, that's generally how most of the world references objects. In this case "this" being the form. It's not really needed but in most examples you find on the internet you will see that.

If you were to reference another form's object it would be form_whatever.textbox_whatever.

I don't want to sound snarky but this is not meant for object referencing at anytime, there are very few case / scenario when you *MUST* use 'this'.

• The 'this' syntax is meant to be use when you need to invoke an explicit interface implementation from within the implementing class
• The 'this' syntax is meant to be use for declaring indexers (You must login or register to view this content.)
• The 'this' syntax is meant to be use when you need to declare extension methods (You must login or register to view this content.)
• The 'this' syntax is meant to be use for constructor chaining (You must login or register to view this content.)

Every other case is either irrelevant or almost depreciated (have a look at You must login or register to view this content. for instance ! Smile ). Again, I don't want to sound snarky, I only want your code not to looks like decompiled code.
Last edited by .NETGuard ; 06-09-2016 at 08:24 AM. Reason: typo
06-09-2016, 09:20 AM #7
Default Avatar
Oneup
Still, you have to show us the error from the ErrorList box Smile

I don't want to sound snarky but this is not meant for object referencing at anytime, there are very few case / scenario when you *MUST* use 'this'.

• The 'this' syntax is meant to be use when you need to invoke an explicit interface implementation from within the implementing class
• The 'this' syntax is meant to be use for declaring indexers (You must login or register to view this content.)
• The 'this' syntax is meant to be use when you need to declare extension methods (You must login or register to view this content.)
• The 'this' syntax is meant to be use for constructor chaining (You must login or register to view this content.)

Every other case is either irrelevant or almost depreciated (have a look at You must login or register to view this content. for instance ! Smile ). Again, I don't want to sound snarky, I only want your code not to looks like decompiled code.

Well I probably should have rephrased that then.

this is referring to the class that the object current resides in.

In either case this isn't specific to recompiled code.
Last edited by Oneup ; 06-09-2016 at 09:24 AM.
06-09-2016, 10:44 AM #8
.NETGuard
Save Point
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Well I probably should have rephrased that then.

this is referring to the class that the object current resides in.

In either case this isn't specific to recompiled code.

Gosh these emojis are pure cancer. Sorry for using them !

Ok now I got what you mean, but he is not implementing anything and use 'this' in order to call private object on the WinForm. Again, this is not what is it meant for.

What to change (I was tempted to say "dude, the WHOLE code has to be changed, but meh, I'm gentle).
06-12-2016, 07:30 PM #9
Gosh these emojis are pure cancer. Sorry for using them !

Ok now I got what you mean, but he is not implementing anything and use 'this' in order to call private object on the WinForm. Again, this is not what is it meant for.

What to change (I was tempted to say "dude, the WHOLE code has to be changed, but meh, I'm gentle).

i mean im pretty new to coding so i do what i see in other sources

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo