06-21-2016, 04:57 AM #1
Kisei
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I really want to learn a new programming language this summer but i'm having the hardest time deciding what i want to take up.

I've already learned go, python, js and a bit of c#. My sights are set between rust ruby and c++
but i just can't decide on which to take up. pls help T.T
06-21-2016, 09:51 AM #2
Passion
League Champion
PHP, C++ and Ruby
06-21-2016, 10:49 AM #3
Toxic
former staff
Originally posted by Kisei View Post
I really want to learn a new programming language this summer but i'm having the hardest time deciding what i want to take up.

I've already learned go, python, js and a bit of c#. My sights are set between rust ruby and c++
but i just can't decide on which to take up. pls help T.T

Moved to Programming Inquires
Just focus on object oriented programming languages
Originally posted by Passion View Post
PHP, C++ and Ruby

ruby would be the worst language (well, one of the worst) to learn, its really old, n nothing uses ruby anymore tbh, learning Java instead of ruby would be better :p
06-21-2016, 11:17 AM #4
Passion
League Champion
Originally posted by Toxic View Post
Moved to Programming Inquires
Just focus on object oriented programming languages

ruby would be the worst language (well, one of the worst) to learn, its really old, n nothing uses ruby anymore tbh, learning Java instead of ruby would be better :p

fuck off

The following 2 users say thank you to Passion for this useful post:

FakeEdition, Toxic
06-21-2016, 12:24 PM #5
FakeEdition
I am error
My answer is the same as passion except I wouldn't recommend ruby either as I've not yet found a reason to use it or learn it. Php and C++
06-22-2016, 12:50 AM #6
Specter
Pro Memer
Said this before, depends on what you want to get into. What field do you want to go into? Mobile dev?
06-22-2016, 02:51 AM #7
Kisei
Save Point
Originally posted by Specter View Post
Said this before, depends on what you want to get into. What field do you want to go into? Mobile dev?

well i'm thinking application dev, but game development looks pretty cool too
06-22-2016, 03:01 AM #8
Specter
Pro Memer

For app dev for mobile, if you're looking to go into Android development, you definitely want to look into Java as this is what Android apps are coded in. If you're looking to develop for iphone, you'll want to look into obj-C, although I personally hate this language. For game development, C/C++ is typically used for the underlying game engine if you're looking at the lower-level aspects of it like the physics engine. So for game dev, look into C++ I'd say, and for mobile dev I'd look into Java, both are fun languages, however C++ definitely has a steeper learning curve.
06-22-2016, 04:00 AM #9
Mr Smithy x
Former Staff

If you're getting into android development. I will be hooking up a tutorial series on NGU
You must login or register to view this content.
06-22-2016, 08:27 AM #10
Kisei
Save Point
Originally posted by Mr
If you're getting into android development. I will be hooking up a tutorial series on NGU
You must login or register to view this content.

i didn't mean apps i meant like web apps

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo