05-01-2011, 08:21 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); vote what you think
05-05-2011, 06:08 AM #2
vSaBoTeuR x
< ^ > < ^ >
Both C++ and Python. Visual Basic is for the mentally ill that can't learn other programming languages. Yes, Josh_ox3, I am talking about you here.
Last edited by vSaBoTeuR x ; 05-15-2011 at 10:10 AM.

The following user thanked vSaBoTeuR x for this useful post:

Epic?

The following 2 users groaned at vSaBoTeuR x for this awful post:

Docko412, Josh_ox3
05-12-2011, 09:44 PM #3
Probably C++ and Python just because :p
VB is just horrid im basically agreeing with xNCK here.

Those are the two best programming languages and are most.....flexible.....if thats the word?
05-12-2011, 11:00 PM #4
Every language has a purpose, even Visual Basic.

The following 2 users say thank you to Relevant for this useful post:

XxprokillahxX
05-14-2011, 02:06 PM #5
Originally posted by Relevant View Post
Every language has a purpose, even Visual Basic.

Exactly. You cannot really compare what language is "better". Like someone said on another site.

For example comparing c++ to vb. It is like comparing an apple to an orange. The orange is sweeter than the apple, but you have to take time to peel the skin off before eating it (c++ takes longer to learn) . The apple is not as sweet, but you can eat it with the skin on. (quicker to learn, but very sloppy, and creates bad coding habits.)

They are different languages, built for different purposes. But i like how c++ runs and feels.

The following user thanked XxprokillahxX for this useful post:

Relevant
05-14-2011, 05:52 PM #6
HOST Lee
IM A AWESOME
C++ is a more commonly used language and used for certain apps, Python is also a good language to learn as it is lightweight and easy to pick up, each programming language severs a purpose some can access and run different commands at the same time while running fast and not slowing down a machine. Chose the language based upon the project your working on, that's what i say.
05-15-2011, 10:07 AM #7
C# is Great for Developing applications with GUI interfaces, C# has allot of library's like python. Managed C# (Visual Design) is far greater than Managed Visual Basic, as it offers the exact same Design tools as VB but the efficiency of C.

C++ is an amazing langauge thats most effecient in runtime at crunching maths and heavy data, this is most used in Maths Engines for science projects or games. Or just generaly applications that require extensive use of data.

VB is originally designed to give new programmers a step up into the programming world, it should not really be considered a programming language, but it does serve its purpose quite well.

Python is probably the most fun language out of all, this language is interpreted not compiled, meaning you can write it into a shell in real-time and quickly right up an app. Python is the most efficient at handling small Maths/Data, as has allot of library's for everything from Sockets To GUI.
Last edited by Relevant ; 05-15-2011 at 10:10 AM.
05-15-2011, 01:38 PM #8
kiwimoosical
Bounty hunter
C# is the most widely used language at this time in the modern world. If you look at the C# libraries on MSDN, it's absolutely incredible. C++ is basically outdated by C#, all computers nowadays come with a version of .NET framework, usually 4.0, so people saying that since C# requires .NET framework makes it worse than C++, your wrong. Java is also quite a good language and it should be on here. Python is a good beginner language, mainly because it's code is almost psuedocode and is really easy to understand, helps beginners grasp the concept of programming. VB is not too good IMO, mainly because it makes people dependent on its syntax and causes a lot of bad habits to be formed. C is the same as C++, outdated. The only time I would use C/C++ anymore would be if I am writing a project that requires a lot of memory management, that way my code isn't "unsafe" in C# as C# doesn't handle pointers as well as C++. So what I'm saying is that C# is the most versatile, best habit forming, most widely used in the real world language out there.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo