02-05-2014, 12:19 PM #1
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Alright, so I have this Sony Vaios laptop that I use to use 6 months back and the last day I used it, I had a blue screen which the only way I had to boot the computer is by going to safe mode. I was editing a video at that time too, and it randomly gave me this when I tried to open Windows Media player. Then the next day, I get the blue screen again and it said something about the hardware failures and stuff. BTW, the battery of the laptop was at 80% charging all the time and kept telling me that my battery is starting to die or whatever but I'm not sure if that is the issue. Now today, I can't turn the laptop on at all. The green light appears and then turns off in 15 seconds, the screen doesn't show anything. I can charge the laptop fine and even when I don't charge it, it will still turn on. Fan is booting up normally but nothing on screen and just turns off after 15 seconds.

My Sony vaios model is VPCCW21FX (500 gb intel i3 NVIDIA m310).
I tried experimenting my laptop as well, by opening my laptop up and stuff. Clean the dust out, it still didn't work. Any solution?
02-09-2014, 04:45 PM #2
ICS Vortex
Between Light and Lies
Originally posted by Joelrca View Post
Alright, so I have this Sony Vaios laptop that I use to use 6 months back and the last day I used it, I had a blue screen which the only way I had to boot the computer is by going to safe mode. I was editing a video at that time too, and it randomly gave me this when I tried to open Windows Media player. Then the next day, I get the blue screen again and it said something about the hardware failures and stuff. BTW, the battery of the laptop was at 80% charging all the time and kept telling me that my battery is starting to die or whatever but I'm not sure if that is the issue. Now today, I can't turn the laptop on at all. The green light appears and then turns off in 15 seconds, the screen doesn't show anything. I can charge the laptop fine and even when I don't charge it, it will still turn on. Fan is booting up normally but nothing on screen and just turns off after 15 seconds.

My Sony vaios model is VPCCW21FX (500 gb intel i3 NVIDIA m310).
I tried experimenting my laptop as well, by opening my laptop up and stuff. Clean the dust out, it still didn't work. Any solution?

Sounds to me like your motherboard's graphics chip is messed up or your screen is messed up....the graphics chip being the more reasonable answer because of it turning off after 15 seconds (meaning it's heating up very quickly OR there's a component that got knocked out of place) Make sure that your graphics chip does have a good amount of thermal compound on it, and if it doesn't, apply some new paste to it...sometimes they will have a thermalpad, which isn't the best way to go..., but if it does, you can either remove the pad and apply a large amount of thermal compound or remove it and purchase a new pad. If that doesn't work:
Try reflowing your graphics chip with a hair dryer (put tin foil around the other components so that you don't heat them up and cut a square out for the graphics chip). Heat it for about 20-30 seconds and then apply new thermal paste to it.

If all of the above fails, I'd advise getting a new motherboard and installing it.

The following user thanked ICS Vortex for this useful post:

Joel

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo