04-14-2014, 08:07 PM #1
Kush Friendly
League Champion
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); its a gateway desktop and was working great till I restarted it now the fans stay on full speed as long as the pc is on and the fan control settings are no longer in the BIOS. Ive done a lot of looking and found nothing at all...
I can still boot Windows/Linux no problems.

idk if pc info is needed here but heres some of it..

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.4GHz
RAM: 3GB
Video Card: NVidia G-Force 6600

If anyone can help it would be great, ive never had anything like this happen before and have hit a wall...
even tho I can use the computer at some point the fans will die and the pc will overheat :(

EDIT: I can still get to and use the BIOS, only the fan settings are gone :/
04-15-2014, 02:45 AM #2
RADDY1993
< ^ > < ^ >
Download and re-install your Bios, Read this You must login or register to view this content..
04-15-2014, 06:22 PM #3
Kush Friendly
League Champion
Originally posted by RADDY1993 View Post
Download and re-install your Bios, Read this You must login or register to view this content..

Sadly I have not been able to find my BIOS not even on Gateways website. From what ive been reading flashing the wrong BIOS is not a good idea... im about to try it though. im getting to the point where no fucks are given... but it sucks to lose one of my better computers.
04-15-2014, 07:20 PM #4
RADDY1993
< ^ > < ^ >
Download Speccy here (You must login or register to view this content.) then run it and tell us your Bios info then we can try to find it. Screenie from mine below to show as example.

You must login or register to view this content.
05-29-2014, 07:34 AM #5
FYI, while it isn't the best solution, you can use speedfan to lower your fans to the point where you can research the issue more comfortably. I doubt it's a heating issue, more than likely what the above posters have said.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo