09-30-2014, 09:05 PM #1
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); OK, Less of a troubleshooting issue and more of a question. Any issues just move :p

Straight to it, If you haven't already seen it, Microsoft decided to show off 'Windows 10' today and state that there tech-preview will be released tomorrow.

What I wish to do is install the OS onto a secondary drive on my PC (I haven't got it yet but will be buying one and installing if this gets answered nicely Winky Winky) So what I am getting at is will I be able to have a secondary HDD installed along side my current running 8.1 pro and install Windows 10 on the second (digitally obviously)

I am not very knowledgeable in this so any help would be appreciated Winky Winky
09-30-2014, 09:09 PM #2
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
Originally posted by Laim
You can dual boot it I believe, yes. It depends on a few things but you should be okay. :y: Also depending on your HDD size, you could just partition and install it on a second partition. I did that with Windows 7 and Windows XP so I could use the old Autodesk for school.

Thanks Laim, do you know anything about installing the OS onto a blank HDD digitally? All I can find is about disc installation etc.

Edit: As I will still be running 8.1 at this point :p
09-30-2014, 09:11 PM #3
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
I have looked into partitioning but would rather play it safe and split the systems via HDD so I don't run the risk of screwing up my current
10-02-2014, 01:03 PM #4
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Geo7 View Post
OK, Less of a troubleshooting issue and more of a question. Any issues just move :p

Straight to it, If you haven't already seen it, Microsoft decided to show off 'Windows 10' today and state that there tech-preview will be released tomorrow.

What I wish to do is install the OS onto a secondary drive on my PC (I haven't got it yet but will be buying one and installing if this gets answered nicely Winky Winky) So what I am getting at is will I be able to have a secondary HDD installed along side my current running 8.1 pro and install Windows 10 on the second (digitally obviously)

I am not very knowledgeable in this so any help would be appreciated Winky Winky

Why not a virtual machine?
10-02-2014, 04:04 PM #5
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Why not a virtual machine?

VM has limitations and I wanted to get an SSD to run my OS off anyway
10-02-2014, 06:36 PM #6
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Geo7 View Post
VM has limitations and I wanted to get an SSD to run my OS off anyway

And what would these limitations be?
10-02-2014, 08:03 PM #7
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
And what would these limitations be?

Limited RAM and and space on the hard drive ._. Plus I always do wanted an SSD. I have the new SSD installed now and running Windows 10 and it was worth it :p

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo