11-16-2012, 12:55 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well since my hard drive broke I've had to use an old 140GB laptop hard drive however I'm now running out of space so I'm thinking of doing a fresh install with a new OS, my question being; which OS would you lot recommend on using that isn't space consuming and also how would you run it(e.g. Linux through a USB boot)

The choices I can think of are:

Obviously windows 7 - however this takes up some space

Linux - there's a few flavours out there and it'd take time to migrate from win 7 to Linux however I'm thinking about trying it

Chrome OS - Google Chromes OS. Never used it however seen a thread in here about it so thought I'd include it

Any input you guys give will greatly be appreciated
11-16-2012, 01:00 AM #2
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Scouser94 View Post
Well since my hard drive broke I've had to use an old 140GB laptop hard drive however I'm now running out of space so I'm thinking of doing a fresh install with a new OS, my question being; which OS would you lot recommend on using that isn't space consuming and also how would you run it(e.g. Linux through a USB boot)

Linux - there's a few flavours out there and it'd take time to migrate from win 7 to Linux however I'm thinking about trying it

Chrome OS - Google Chromes OS. Never used it however seen a thread in here about it so thought I'd include it

Try my tut Smile

You must login or register to view this content.
11-16-2012, 01:10 AM #3
Originally posted by Alt
Try my tut Smile

You must login or register to view this content.

Yeaa that's the one I read that got me interested in the Chrome OS, you ever used it? If so, is it good?
11-16-2012, 01:13 AM #4
Alt
Banned
Yeaa that's the one I read that got me interested in the Chrome OS, you ever used it? If so, is it good?

Not used it as of yet but I might install it on a PC later today at some point Smile
11-16-2012, 01:24 AM #5
Yeaa thinking of at least giving it a try after I wake up in the morning, after all it doesn't need to be installed onto the hard drive... Thanks for the fast replies thought I would've had too wait a while before someone posted in here :P
11-20-2012, 05:43 PM #6
Mr.Kane
Greatness
Well since my hard drive broke I've had to use an old 140GB laptop hard drive however I'm now running out of space so I'm thinking of doing a fresh install with a new OS, my question being; which OS would you lot recommend on using that isn't space consuming and also how would you run it(e.g. Linux through a USB boot)

If you still are looking to do this, I say install windows 7 as it is the most user firnedly experience I have had, or try windows 8 its not too bad for browsing and music needs
12-23-2012, 12:25 AM #7
z3robro
Can’t trickshot me!
Personally I would stay with Windows no offense for people who likes other OS. But Windows has more compatibility with programs. Other consider to upgrade your HDD. For 100$ or 75€ you can buy a good HDD. But if you my opinion: Stay with Windows, doesn't matter wihich one.
12-28-2012, 07:59 PM #8
Windows 7 is good. Its stables and the most know OS. Ubuntu is pretty good too and i use both. Windows is mainly used for school and work. My Ubuntu box is mainly used for forensics and learning new exploits.
12-28-2012, 08:55 PM #9
Pichu
RIP PICHU.

If I were you, I'd just save up and buy a 500gb or 1tb drive. They are not that expensive anymore and it isn't worth the troubles of having to decide an os around space.

If you are just looking at browsing the internet, chrome os is the best but if you want to do a few things extra, just go with windows xp or windows 7 depending on your specs.
12-31-2012, 04:49 AM #10

chrome os is linux ,and you should just buy a new hdd if 140 isnt enough cause other then the fact you really cant game on linux your gonna run into the same space issues on it as well another thing you cant watch netflix on linux yet or at least i dont know of any fix to it yet

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo