06-16-2015, 01:52 AM #1
Justin
Juzzy Dee Music
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey all, what portable hard drive would you recommend?

I have a seagate 1gb hard drive but I always plug and unplug it, so the connection is annoying. It disconnects even if I move my laptop a tiny bit.
I think we're getting a new desktop soon so we might get a portable hard drive to do backups on for the desktop.

What experiences have you had with portable hard drives and what ones do you recommend? Smile
06-16-2015, 06:40 PM #2
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Juzzy View Post
Hey all, what portable hard drive would you recommend?

I have a seagate 1gb hard drive but I always plug and unplug it, so the connection is annoying. It disconnects even if I move my laptop a tiny bit.
I think we're getting a new desktop soon so we might get a portable hard drive to do backups on for the desktop.

What experiences have you had with portable hard drives and what ones do you recommend? Smile

Western Digital or seagate it doesn't really matter when it comes to portables. However the problem you have with your seagate just sounds like something that will eventually happen on any USB device sadly. They only have a limited amount of insertions and eventually wear out. Same for the usb ports.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

Justin
06-16-2015, 11:54 PM #3
Justin
Juzzy Dee Music
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Western Digital or seagate it doesn't really matter when it comes to portables. However the problem you have with your seagate just sounds like something that will eventually happen on any USB device sadly. They only have a limited amount of insertions and eventually wear out. Same for the usb ports.

Could it be the cable that's dodgy instead of the actual drive? And thanks Smile
06-17-2015, 12:07 AM #4
Default Avatar
Oneup
Could it be the cable that's dodgy instead of the actual drive? And thanks Smile

Yea, if you have a spare to test with, you should try that.
06-17-2015, 06:15 AM #5
Hey all, what portable hard drive would you recommend?

Some advice, stay away from Toshiba HDDs at all costs. Had 3 of them and every single one died, it's just the nice prices are so nice. Even my friends had Toshiba drives that died. Their external drives are trash compared to the internal ones. I've opened up a couple and found a custom drive (it wasn't SATA) that connect to a PCB that converted the connection to USB3.0. Regardless avoid.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo