Post: Ultimate Android Rooting Guide! + Flashing a custom rom!
11-14-2013, 06:15 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Hey NGU Happy

I noticed the android section isn't really full, so i'm going to contribute a little more by posting this!

Some things you should know is that when you root, you void your warranty! However when you un-root your warranty isn't voided anymore, as long as you don't tell them you rooted in the first place Winky Winky

What is rooting?

Rooting your phone is the process of modding the OS on your device so you can have complete control over it.
Which means you can bypass things that the carriers/manufacturers put on your phone to limit your device. With rooting you can extend system functionality, and even upgrade it to a custom flavor of Android.
So basically you become the Administrator of your android device.

Rooting Guides/Tutorials!

There are a few different ways on rooting your android device. It depends on your device really.

Here are a few possible ways. I'll post multiple videos, and text tutorials. (more than enough, so you get the point!)

More videos, but i can only use two as a tumbnails, :x

You must login or register to view this content.

If you are still unsure on rooting your device, just go into youtube or google and type in: how to root "your phones name here"<------- No noobs not literally "your phones name here" you actually put the name of YOUR phone i.e if i googled it, it'd be how to root the ZTE Avid 4G. Got it? Happy

Rooting benefits?

Full Control Over Android! - pretty much explained when I explained what rooting was.

Back Up And Restore The Whole System! - You can back up/restore your entire androids software.

Save Space On Your Phone! - You can partition space for certain things.

Run Special Applications! - run apps like call block, terminal emulator, rom manager, rom toolbox, etc.

Install Custom ROMs! - Installing a custom rom! This is like installing a custom firmware :p different UI, more features, and over clocking!

Installing a Custom Rom!

To install a custom rom, you need to be rooted, obviously. You also need to have a custom recovery flashed.

You can find a custom recovery for your phone on google. (if the first few results aren't what you're looking for, your phone probably hasn't gotten a custom recovery or rom yet.)

Once you have a custom recovery, you need to put it on the root of your sd card.

Meaning in NO folders.

After that download any Terminal Emulator. (find one on google play store, they're free.)

then you need to type this into terminal emulator.

When it says (hit enter) dont type that in, (some people probably actually would.) You actually press enter to enter the next command.

su
(hit enter)
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p32
(hit enter)
reboot recovery

After you've gotten a custom rom, just go ahead and back up all of your data. You don't have to do this, however it is HIGHLY recommended. Because if you brick, and don't have a backup, you're fucked.

You can back up your data from the recovery menu you flashed.

Once you've backed up your data, go ahead and download a rom for your phone, MAKE SURE ITS FOR YOUR PHONE!!

Put that zip file on the root of your sdcard, (don't unzip it.)

Before you flash a new rom, wipe everything, data, cache, everything. (even do a factory reset.)

after you've wiped everything,

Scroll to "install from zip" or something along those lines.

The rom will install and you can reboot into a new rom Happy

Don't forget to thank me if you found this useful. If you have any other questions, feel free to quote me and i'll do the best i can to answer them! Smile
Last edited by ImAzazel ; 11-14-2013 at 06:28 PM. Reason: sweg

The following 5 users say thank you to ImAzazel for this useful post:

{H} | Exception, DS, EG6, ResistTheSun, wiii
11-15-2013, 01:53 AM #2
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Thank you this was helpful Smile

The following 2 users say thank you to ResistTheSun for this useful post:

ImAzazel, wiii
11-15-2013, 02:42 AM #3
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
Do you know how to root TMOBILE prism? Would be wonderful!

The following user thanked Joel for this useful post:

ImAzazel
11-15-2013, 04:37 AM #4
Originally posted by Joelrca View Post
Do you know how to root TMOBILE prism? Would be wonderful!

It seems to me its running gingerbread, so you wanna download Gingerbreak, and the instructions will be in the app from there Smile
11-15-2013, 12:33 PM #5
{H} | Exception
Error… Cat invasion!
Originally posted by Satan View Post
It seems to me its running gingerbread, so you wanna download Gingerbreak, and the instructions will be in the app from there Smile

Nice thread bby <3 | "how to root "your phones name here"" | <-- Might wanna add + "Your Carrier" here. I'm pretty sure it depends on the carrier not only the phone. ^-^

The following user thanked {H} | Exception for this useful post:

ImAzazel
11-15-2013, 03:46 PM #6
Originally posted by Hackzz View Post
Nice thread bby <3 | "how to root "your phones name here"" | <-- Might wanna add + "Your Carrier" here. I'm pretty sure it depends on the carrier not only the phone. ^-^

In some cases, it does, but not very many phones :p u r a qt

The following user thanked ImAzazel for this useful post:

{H} | Exception
11-18-2013, 12:36 AM #7
Gehirnstaub
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by Satan View Post
Hey NGU Happy

I noticed the android section isn't really full, so i'm going to contribute a little more by posting this!

Some things you should know is that when you root, you void your warranty! However when you un-root your warranty isn't voided anymore, as long as you don't tell them you rooted in the first place Winky Winky

What is rooting?

Rooting your phone is the process of modding the OS on your device so you can have complete control over it.
Which means you can bypass things that the carriers/manufacturers put on your phone to limit your device. With rooting you can extend system functionality, and even upgrade it to a custom flavor of Android.
So basically you become the Administrator of your android device.

Rooting Guides/Tutorials!

There are a few different ways on rooting your android device. It depends on your device really.

Here are a few possible ways. I'll post multiple videos, and text tutorials. (more than enough, so you get the point!)

More videos, but i can only use two as a tumbnails, :x

If you are still unsure on rooting your device, just go into youtube or google and type in: how to root "your phones name here"<------- No noobs not literally "your phones name here" you actually put the name of YOUR phone i.e if i googled it, it'd be how to root the ZTE Avid 4G. Got it? Happy

Rooting benefits?

Full Control Over Android! - pretty much explained when I explained what rooting was.

Back Up And Restore The Whole System! - You can back up/restore your entire androids software.

Save Space On Your Phone! - You can partition space for certain things.

Run Special Applications! - run apps like call block, terminal emulator, rom manager, rom toolbox, etc.

Install Custom ROMs! - Installing a custom rom! This is like installing a custom firmware :p different UI, more features, and over clocking!

Installing a Custom Rom!

To install a custom rom, you need to be rooted, obviously. You also need to have a custom recovery flashed.

You can find a custom recovery for your phone on google. (if the first few results aren't what you're looking for, your phone probably hasn't gotten a custom recovery or rom yet.)

Once you have a custom recovery, you need to put it on the root of your sd card.

Meaning in NO folders.

After that download any Terminal Emulator. (find one on google play store, they're free.)

then you need to type this into terminal emulator.

When it says (hit enter) dont type that in, (some people probably actually would.) You actually press enter to enter the next command.

su
(hit enter)
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p32
(hit enter)
reboot recovery

After you've gotten a custom rom, just go ahead and back up all of your data. You don't have to do this, however it is HIGHLY recommended. Because if you brick, and don't have a backup, you're fucked.

You can back up your data from the recovery menu you flashed.

Once you've backed up your data, go ahead and download a rom for your phone, MAKE SURE ITS FOR YOUR PHONE!!

Put that zip file on the root of your sdcard, (don't unzip it.)

Before you flash a new rom, wipe everything, data, cache, everything. (even do a factory reset.)

after you've wiped everything,

Scroll to "install from zip" or something along those lines.

The rom will install and you can reboot into a new rom Happy

Don't forget to thank me if you found this useful. If you have any other questions, feel free to quote me and i'll do the best i can to answer them! Smile

Very detailed Tutorial! Smile
Maybe you can add some Apps which every Root User needs like: Freedom etc.

Written from my Xperia Z with Tapatalk

The following 2 users say thank you to Gehirnstaub for this useful post:

DS, ImAzazel
12-28-2013, 07:37 AM #8
jerrmy12
At least I can fight
How do I root my tablet? I dont trust youtube
12-28-2013, 01:10 PM #9
Gehirnstaub
I’m too L33T
Which Tablet u got and which Android version?
12-28-2013, 10:06 PM #10
Thank I need to what root and the benefits are thanks man

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo