THREAD: Can you root a Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925P
  1. 08-04-2016, 11:48 PM
    Jakob
    [move]Enzo[/move]
    Jakob
    [move]Enzo[/move]
    NextGenUpdate
    Hey guys, been looking all over for a solution and haven't really found anything. I'm running 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. 08-05-2016, 12:15 AM
    Jincos
    Do a barrel roll!
    Jincos
    Do a barrel roll!
    NextGenUpdate
    A quick Google search and I found this;

You must login or register to view this content.

Have you tried this tutorial yet? If you're on a Mac then use jodin instead of Odin. Good luck mate.
  3. The Following User Thanked Jincos For This Useful Post:

4. 08-07-2016, 12:04 AM
    Jakob
    [move]Enzo[/move]
    Jakob
    [move]Enzo[/move]
    NextGenUpdate
    Thank you sir! Worked like a charm. Now if only I could get Xposed framework running on it. Apparently it gets Samsung devices stuck in bootloops, and I'm not sure if I want to take the chance. Anyone have experience with installing Xposed on this device?
  5. 08-10-2016, 12:28 AM
    xRaW
    xI2aW-
    xRaW
    xI2aW-
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Jakob View Post
    Thank you sir! Worked like a charm. Now if only I could get Xposed framework running on it. Apparently it gets Samsung devices stuck in bootloops, and I'm not sure if I want to take the chance. Anyone have experience with installing Xposed on this device?

Xposed can be a bitch for samsung devices but its possible, Download the Installer - You must login or register to view this content.

Then Flash this (use TWRP boot loader) - You must login or register to view this content.
  6. 08-13-2016, 07:39 AM
    MODZ4FUN420
    NextGenUpdate Elite
    MODZ4FUN420
    NextGenUpdate Elite
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Jakob View Post
    Hey guys, been looking all over for a solution and haven't really found anything. I'm running 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I personal like flashing a custom recovery rom on android devices and then installing from the custom recovery rom supersu for a cleaner less buggy root. And if you root I recommend installing busybox so your rooted apps have no issues. XDA is a great place for learning different ways to root. Rooted 3 devices this week from that site and one was Samsung tab A 8 on marshmallow 6.0.1