Post: [TUTORIAL] How to do the money glitch (+20,000,000) in Gran Turismo 6 and play Online
02-04-2016, 04:01 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello folks! Well, everyone should know this far that the saves with money glitch does not go online anymore. Basically because all saves with a lot of money are done by someone else, and you need your own account to play GT6 online. Even using a save without link to a PSN account, and doing the resign, you still have to “change the name” and this has a limit. So, in order to do the money glitch you need to do it yourself, with your account and an original copy of GT6.

Now, for those who may not know, the glitch:

The problem: to do this, you need to be on 1.01 version of the game, but the PS3 does not download and install this version anymore. When you select “search for updates” for GT6, you'll start from 1.02 instead. This version has a lock save, so that you can not access the save back in 1.00 version. Fortunately, the update file is still available to download using the links the user Saul provided in his thread (You must login or register to view this content.).

So, the trick here is to install the 1.01 update, but not from PSN. Who has a CFW can do this at will, but for those like me, with OFW (by the day I write this, mine is 4.78 ), we are going to use PeXploit Lite (thanks to Midnight.eGo).

WARNINGS:

1. You MUST have an original copy of Gran Turismo 6;
  2. Unfortunately, if you have the versions BCUS99247 or BCES01977, you WON'T be able to do it (I was included in this group. I had to buy a PSN version to be able to do the glitch);
  3. This procedure takes a LOT of time. Do it only if you REALLY want the cash, or if you are REALLY CURIOUS about the glitch. You can grind money using others means (google it);
  4. To keep my files saved, I used a spare 160Gb HD. I also recommend do this for speed up the process; You can use yours HD as well, but doing the backup, applying the update and restoring will take like FOREVER. Also, using a spare HD makes all easy when the process is done, since you just need swipe the drives and restore the save;
  5. Finally, do this entirely on you. I am NOT responsible for any damage you can do to your console or HD. I also suppose in advance that you know the basics of exchanging hard drives. (google and youtube if you don't).

If you agree with this, proceed.

Checklist

1. Go to You must login or register to view this content. and download update 1.01 for your version of the game;
  2. Go to You must login or register to view this content. and download PeXploit Lite. You should watch the video to know how to use the program as well;
  3. Go to You must login or register to view this content. and download the last firmware for your console, you will need it for the spare HD. Also, follow the steps in the site for creating the pendrive;
  4. Make sure you have another pendrive (32Gb) or external HD to do the backups.

If the checklist is done, now we have to prepare the hard drive;

Part 1 – Preparing the HD

I'll call your original HD, with you games and saves as hd0; the spare, as hd1.
I'll call the pendrive you made using Sony instructions for updating the firmware as pen0; and the one for backup as pen1.

1. Remove the hd0;
  2. Put the hd1 in the console;
  3. Put pen0 in some usb port;
  4. Enter in the PS3 Recovery Menu;
    Originally posted by another user

1. Turn off your PS3
    2. Hold down the power button and wait for your PS3 to turn on and off.
    3. Once it has turned off, hold the power button until you hear 2 beeps.
    4. When you hear the 2 beeps let go of the power button.
    5. Plug in your controller and press the PS button.
    6. The Recovery menu should be on your screen now.

5. Choose the option 5 in Recovery Menu (Restore PS3 System);
  6. Wait until done;
  7. Install the firmware (the one from the pen0);
  8. After all set up, create your user;
  9. Configure Internet;
  10. Configure (login) PSN;
  11. Download your Gran Turismo 6 (if your version is Digital);
  12. Remove pen0 and insert pen1;
  13. Go to Settings > System Settings > Backup utility;
  14. Choose backup and select destination as pen1;
  15. Wait for the process to finish (it will take approximately half hour if your version is from PSN; others will be just some seconds);
  16. Power off PS3.

Now that the hard drive is ready in the PS3 and the backup is made, we have to install the pkg with the update.

Part 2 – Injecting the update 1.01 in the backup

This part is easy if you watched the video from PeXploit thread.

1. Insert pen1 in the computer;
  2. Open PeXploit Lite;
  3. Keep Bubble selected;
  4. Open your backup, archive.dat, from pen1;
  5. Select the 1.01 update pkg you downloaded before;
  6. Apply patch;
  7. Remove the pendrive (secure).

With injected backup ready, now we go back to the console.

Part 3 – Restoring backup and installing the update

1. Turn your console on;
  2. Insert pen1;
  3. Go to Settings > System Settings > Backup utility;
  4. Select restore and then pen1 (will take a while too);
  5. After the 2 reboots, you will notice that in Games will be a file to install;
  6. Press X and install the update;
  7. Go to Settings > Network Settings and disable internet;
  8. Open Gran Turismo 6.

Now you are ready for the glitch! Just do as in the video!

Part 4 – Doing the exploit

1. Insert your name. If you played the game before, choose the same way you did in your original save. If it is the first time, well, just choose well;
  2. Pass the tutorial;
  3. Buy the Honda;
  4. Go to GT Vision;
  5. Accept the gift Mercedes-Benz Concept;
  6. Do NOT use the car, or else the game will freeze when you go to garage in 1.00;
  7. Exit game;
  8. Make a backup of your save to pen1 (recommended for Disc, mandatory for Digital);
    If your version is Digital: restore backup again. After the restore is completed, copy the save back to the console.
    If your version is Disc: delete the game data;

9. Load Gran Turismo 6 version 1.00;
  10. Go to garage, select car "[2055]" and sell it (I repeat, do NOT use it);
  11. Now you have 20,000,000!
  12. Exit game;
  13. Do a backup of this new save.

For most you you guys this is the deal. If someone wants more money, after that:

1. Reinstall patch 1.01;
  2. Enter game;
  3. Buy some Mercedes-Benz Concept (max. is 20);
  4. Repeat steps 4 to 9, and repeat step 10 as much you like;
  5. Do as you please, but avoid customizing cars. You can buy some Ferrari's and/of some Jaguar's and let in stockyard for example;
  6. Exit game;
  7. Do a backup of this new save[2].

If you want more, repeat. But I really think it is unnecessary...

Now we have a valid save with as money as you want, 20,000,000 for some, more for others. Now we just need swap hd1 for hd0, restore the save with money, and start the game! For online you must be on last version. When I did all of this, the updated version was 1.22.

Before going online, tougth, I did the Novice and Licence B first. I did not spend money in shop too. Also, I bought every cars I wanted and was with almost no money before going online.

I have some pics I took from my game to prove that the method works:

Pictures

Accepting terms:
You must login or register to view this content.

Online bonus:

My Garage:

My Stockyard:

Updating cars images:

My Stats, page 1:

My Stats, page 2:

News:

Seasonal Events:

This is it folks! Hope you like this tutorial! As I said, the steps are really a lot, and this took a LOT OF TIME, but I decided to post my experience here as thanks for every tutorial I've read here.

Enjoy! Winky Winky
Last edited by Ninloth ; 02-04-2016 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Updatded some informations
02-09-2016, 11:28 PM #2
Well just as quick to resign a save to your account anyway and get all cars in some of them. Unlike your garage has x amount of same cars which no point in having Winky WinkySmile
02-11-2016, 08:36 AM #3
A lot of people have known about this glitch and all the effort for 20mill is pointless when money isn't even hard to earn in GT6. If you're really desperate just resign if not maybe enjoy the game the way it supposed to be played, I did and I adore GT6 I just wish we could do some engine swaps, real ones not that super high hp crap people think is "soooo coool".
02-17-2016, 02:06 PM #4
Originally posted by robbos21 View Post
Well just as quick to resign a save to your account anyway and get all cars in some of them. Unlike your garage has x amount of same cars which no point in having Winky WinkySmile
I know one can just resign and enjoy saves with a lot of money and cars. The whole purpose of this tutorial is to do so and be able to play online. Some have reported to be able to going online using resigned saves, but others can not because of the limit in changing name. This instructions are for these guys.
And about the duplicated cars, they are the most expensive cars in the game, each can be sold for 6,000,000. Since one can not have more than 20,000,000 in version 1.00 of the game, stocking these cars is a way so "store money" for use in updated versions, like 1.22 for example. Smile

Originally posted by Breww View Post
A lot of people have known about this glitch and all the effort for 20mill is pointless when money isn't even hard to earn in GT6. If you're really desperate just resign if not maybe enjoy the game the way it supposed to be played, I did and I adore GT6 I just wish we could do some engine swaps, real ones not that super high hp crap people think is "soooo coool".
I was having a legit game, finishing International B; had some really expensive cars and with plenty of money in bucket. Unfortunately I had a problem with my HD and had to format everything, including saves without backups. Since I was screwed anyway, I decided to try making this work, more as something I was curious about than need for money. Finally, I decided to let all my steps here for anyone who might use.
I am playing the game from scratch again and just started National A. I almost have no use for the money, since Seasonal Events give a lot of cash, and the 15th Anniversary cars are great. So, as I said before, this is just for sake of curiosity. Winky Winky
02-18-2016, 03:33 AM #5
Fatpabs
Gym leader
Originally posted by Breww View Post

But isn't this possible with those tools posted around here?
04-15-2016, 10:34 AM #6
spme
Grunt
very nice find man Winky Winky bravo's
04-15-2016, 01:48 PM #7
xNIGHTMAREM0DZx
NextGenUpdate Elite
lmfao you brought the game for the sake of doing a glitch thats just sad
05-05-2016, 04:18 PM #8
I couldn't find any 1.01 update anywhere, successfully resigned another game save but this update is taking forever, this is just ridiculous.
08-06-2018, 11:59 AM #9
thanks man, apriciate it

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo