08-07-2017, 01:21 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Gran Turismo 6 CFW Editor (Garage Editor) By Razerman

Hi, I made this tool for editing the garage portion of the GT6 (save) "a while" ago. It only works with the temporary garage file found from dev_hdd1 when the game is running (CFW only). I'm sharing this now because there has been some angry guys whining because they can't remove the bumbers. Well now you can!! Winky Winky

Text tutorial:

GT6 Save Editor for the files in dev_hdd1 (while game is running).

1. Take the garage024.dat -file from dev_hdd1 and place it in the "working_folder"
  2. Open the editor and click File -> Open.
  3. Double click the car that you want to edit.
  4. Modify the hex codes as you wish.
  5. Remember to click save even between changing sheets.
  6. Click Save from the top left corner to apply changes for that car.
  7. Click File -> Save.
  8. Transfer the garage024.dat back to dev_hdd1.
  9. Change to the car you just edited.
  10. Profit!!!

Video tutorial:

You must login or register to view this content.

How to remove bumber, bonnet, etc...:

Carparameter offsets and bits (those 0x280 length blobs):

To remove a bonnet: Set 0x01B0 bits 4 & 5
To remove a bumber: Set 0x01B1 bits 5 & 6
To remove a wing: Set 0x01B1 bit and make sure wing code is 0xFFFFFFFF

Basically when you make two versions of the same part "applied" the game can't decide which one to put and puts nothing.

How to share and load a car (Version 1.0.2.0 and up):

1. Click Share Data
2. Adjust the Name, Description and Version accordingly. Doesn't really matter what they are, actual data sharing is still the same. It's just a helpful information about the car.
3. Click Copy Data and it copies the Base64 encoded JSON string to your clipboard for sharing.

1. Click Load Data
2. Paste the Base64 encoded string your found from online (NGU?) in the Data textbox.
3. Click Use Data and it will load the data to your currently opened car (automatically fixes the garage id).
4. Click save if you really want to save it.

How to use filters and sorting (Version 1.0.3.0 and up):

Sorting -> Just click the headers, there are both ascending and descending sorting available.

Filters

1. Starts With -> Model name starts with the search string
  2. Ends With -> Model name ends with the search string
  3. WildCard -> Model name matches the "like" string (* -> zero or more of any character; ? one and only one any character)
  4. Regex -> Model name matches the regex string

Changelog:

• - Fixed DateTime parsing crash
  • - Added filter options
  • - Added sorting options
  • - Fixed sharing form indexes for switching to next with tab -button
  • - Added car sharing
  • - Fixed listview double click highlights; Highlighting too far
  • - Added hexbox colors
  • - Added listview click takes you to correct place in hexbox
  • - Added listview double click highlights the correct area
  • - Initial

Download Version 1.0.3.1 (Mega.co.nz): You must login or register to view this content.
Virustotal: You must login or register to view this content.

Download Version 1.0.3.0 (Mega.co.nz): You must login or register to view this content.

Download Version 1.0.2.0 (Mega.co.nz): You must login or register to view this content.

Download Version 1.0.1.0 (Mega.co.nz): You must login or register to view this content.

This tool is clean but some antivirus sofwares will think it is one since it's obfuscated. Don't trust me? Then don't download.

Thanks to:
flatz, for his gttool source and it's encryption algorithms.
Last edited by razerman ; 03-25-2018 at 09:26 AM.

The following 12 users say thank you to razerman for this useful post:

Bosix123, BurtE, csgui, Decommit, Eat_Ur_Food, energie93, Indurated, JosefCFW, Marco_Legend, PinKPanther1020, SI_Hellcat, Jon Snow
03-24-2018, 10:05 PM #74
Originally posted by Sonygamer455 View Post
The Moon Rover is exactly what I am trying to get from this save game with your tool and I hate it's refusing to work. You think maybe you do something about this if you're still around, or perhaps maybe give me a suggestion?

Well, if there is a moon rover in there, it has definitely been modded badly as my save editor can't recognize it either.

Could you share the garage024.dat file once the save is loaded (the one that throws the error) so I can take a look. I haven't had my PS3 set up for a year or so now so I can't do it myself.

And you could also test this: You must login or register to view this content.

It's the save from that video but I inserted one lunar rover and added one present lunar rover which should pop up once you load it (if I recall correctly). Just delete the one lunar that apparently is a bit corrupt and check if my tool crashes after deleting that one (still keeping the 2 I added).

The following user thanked razerman for this useful post:

Sonygamer455
03-25-2018, 01:56 AM #75
Originally posted by razerman View Post
Well, if there is a moon rover in there, it has definitely been modded badly as my save editor can't recognize it either.
You know what, one thing I failed to mention is I used the "hidden tracks" save game from his link (Which has the rover) and not the other one in the same place. My bad. It's worth noting he somehow bypassed the 500 car limit and has 1286 cars in his garage. What i'd give to know he did it....

Also, can you PLEASE give me a link to that save editor?! Gasp I've never seen it before and I cannot find it either.

Could you share the garage024.dat file once the save is loaded (the one that throws the error) so I can take a look. I haven't had my PS3 set up for a year or so now so I can't do it myself.
Yes sir. I checked directly before uploading. Hopefully this will help!

And you could also test this: You must login or register to view this content.

It's the save from that video but I inserted one lunar rover and added one present lunar rover which should pop up once you load it (if I recall correctly). Just delete the one lunar that apparently is a bit corrupt and check if my tool crashes after deleting that one (still keeping the 2 I added).
Thank you! I got the rover moved to my save game using your tool without any issues, which is what I wanted to do all along.
Last edited by Sonygamer455 ; 03-25-2018 at 02:13 AM.
03-25-2018, 09:22 AM #76
You know what, one thing I failed to mention is I used the "hidden tracks" save game from his link (Which has the rover) and not the other one in the same place. My bad. It's worth noting he somehow bypassed the 500 car limit and has 1286 cars in his garage. What i'd give to know he did it....

Ahh, that hidden tracks save is mine Winky Winky You must login or register to view this content.

Originally posted by another user

Also, can you PLEASE give me a link to that save editor?! Gasp I've never seen it before and I cannot find it either.

I've coded that tool but the save encryption part is done by two other more skilled people and as I don't have their permission to share the encryption part, I don't think that I can share that tool either :(

Yes sir. I checked directly before uploading. Hopefully this will help!

Thank you! I got the rover moved to my save game using your tool without any issues, which is what I wanted to do all along.

Thanks for the file. Yeah, it seems like the tool was crashing when trying to make a DateTime object from the data. The data PD uses in saving has for example 24 hours in it and well C# can't parse that into an DateTime object -> got to add another day and make hours 0. I fixed the error, will update the OP with a new download link in a min.
03-25-2018, 06:49 PM #77
Ahh, that hidden tracks save is mine Winky Winky You must login or register to view this content.
Yes. I have to say you're a genius! I really like how you managed to bypass the limit and fit all those cars in your garage. That's something I have wanted to do myself
I've coded that tool but the save encryption part is done by two other more skilled people and as I don't have their permission to share the encryption part, I don't think that I can share that tool either :(
After looking at that GT6 decryption thread you linked earlier, I totally understand! I wouldn't have done it either. Luckily GT6 online is coming to an end very soon, I hope maybe things will change and we can finally get a save editor that doesn't require CFW like we did in GT5. Don't get me wrong, I like your CFW editor, but I still look forward to a save game editor.

I will point out one thing though, you may already know this, but Bruteforce Save Data 4.7.5 can decrypt the PFD to GT6's save data. Not sure what I would do from there, I only learned of it just recently.
Thanks for the file. Yeah, it seems like the tool was crashing when trying to make a DateTime object from the data. The data PD uses in saving has for example 24 hours in it and well C# can't parse that into an DateTime object -> got to add another day and make hours 0. I fixed the error, will update the OP with a new download link in a min.
Thank you for taking the time to fix this! Like I said, it was the Moon Rover in your save that was causing it and I know that's the case because it worked when I removed the rover from the garage.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The only other thing I would like to know is how do I change the paint on the car or it's wheels? I know how to change the dealer color to a car, but what I don't know is how can I apply a paint to it via your editor. Like painting a Veyron silver chrome or even painting unpaintable cars like in GT5 for instance.
Last edited by Sonygamer455 ; 03-25-2018 at 07:02 PM.
03-25-2018, 08:44 PM #78
Yes. I have to say you're a genius! I really like how you managed to bypass the limit and fit all those cars in your garage. That's something I have wanted to do myself

Was one of the first things I did when I started modding the save Smile But I can't remember if it allows you to buy new cars from dealership after you have gone above the limit? Or did it reset back to 500? Sorry, been years since I last did it.

I will point out one thing though, you may already know this, but Bruteforce Save Data 4.7.5 can decrypt the PFD to GT6's save data. Not sure what I would do from there, I only learned of it just recently.

Unfortunately that's not going to help with modding the save at all :/. The brute force save data can remove the Sony layer from the save but PD has introduced their own encryption on top of it. And even if you manage to break that one, there is still a custom hashing system that gives you an error when you try to load the save if you can't figure out a new hash for the modded files.

Those two guys did amazing job cracking them both.

Thank you for taking the time to fix this! Like I said, it was the Moon Rover in your save that was causing it and I know that's the case because it worked when I removed the rover from the garage.

Yeah, in this case the rover happened to have a datetime that would cause the crash. Doesn't really have anything to do with the rover itself, it was just a bug in my code.

The only other thing I would like to know is how do I change the paint on the car or it's wheels? I know how to change the dealer color to a car, but what I don't know is how can I apply a paint to it via your editor. Like painting a Veyron silver chrome or even painting unpaintable cars like in GT5 for instance.

I have these offsets marked but as I said before, I haven't been modding for ages.

175 Body Paint ID
176 Body Paint ID
177 Rim Paint ID
178 Rim Paint ID
179 Brake Pad Paint ID
17A Brake Pad Paint ID
17B Wing Paint ID
17C Wing Paint ID

The following user thanked razerman for this useful post:

Sonygamer455
03-26-2018, 06:05 PM #79
Was one of the first things I did when I started modding the save Smile But I can't remember if it allows you to buy new cars from dealership after you have gone above the limit? Or did it reset back to 500? Sorry, been years since I last did it.
Yea I can see why they limited the garage, but I really don't like the fact they did, one reason why I prefer GT5.

I went in and bought a Tomahawk and it added it to the garage without any issues. Now I wonder how many you can fit from there....
Unfortunately that's not going to help with modding the save at all :/. The brute force save data can remove the Sony layer from the save but PD has introduced their own encryption on top of it. And even if you manage to break that one, there is still a custom hashing system that gives you an error when you try to load the save if you can't figure out a new hash for the modded files.

Those two guys did amazing job cracking them both.
I figured that would be the case, otherwise I am sure many more people would have been hacking by now.

Yeah, in this case the rover happened to have a datetime that would cause the crash. Doesn't really have anything to do with the rover itself, it was just a bug in my code.
Well yea, that's my point.

I have these offsets marked but as I said before, I haven't been modding for ages.

175 Body Paint ID
176 Body Paint ID
177 Rim Paint ID
178 Rim Paint ID
179 Brake Pad Paint ID
17A Brake Pad Paint ID
17B Wing Paint ID
17C Wing Paint ID

Ah yes, thank you! As an experiment, I splashed paint onto an RSX in game and then replaced the data you posted above with FF's and it reverted back to stock colors. So i'd say it works! Now I wonder if the Moon Rover is paintable haha. I know you can put custom wheels on it.

Just my opinion and I know you haven't modded in a while, but I think your tool should have a paint section that way people can easily pinpoint it and change it as they please. Choice is yours of course! Smile
Last edited by Sonygamer455 ; 03-26-2018 at 06:08 PM.

The following user thanked Sonygamer455 for this useful post:

razerman
03-26-2018, 06:19 PM #80

I went in and bought a Tomahawk and it added it to the garage without any issues. Now I wonder how many you can fit from there....

I seem to have set it to 2000. But I recall I once inserted 10k cars in my garage xD But it will take LOOONG time for the game to operate with the garage then.

Just my opinion and I know you haven't modded in a while, but I think your tool should have a paint section that way people can easily pinpoint it and change it as they please. Choice is yours of course! Smile

I'll see about the possibility of that. I'm just super busy with school and modding the youtube android app so I might not have time for it :/ We will see...
04-19-2018, 04:30 PM #81
I seem to have set it to 2000. But I recall I once inserted 10k cars in my garage xD But it will take LOOONG time for the game to operate with the garage then.
Sorg on GTPlanet says the stock yard can hold 9,999 cars, so I have a feeling the garage could as well. 2000 would be just enough for me though.
I'll see about the possibility of that. I'm just super busy with school and modding the youtube android app so I might not have time for it :/ We will see...
Hope so, that would be a great addition for sure because I can't be the only one that thinks so.

Also, another thing I want to know is, where can I change the date to when I acquired a car? I know that sounds a bit nit picky, but I can't stand how it says I got the rover in 2014 when in reality I didn't.
04-19-2018, 11:17 PM #82

Sorg on GTPlanet says the stock yard can hold 9,999 cars, so I have a feeling the garage could as well. 2000 would be just enough for me though.

Well the stockyard is set to have max 9,999 cars but it can be changed as well so could probably make it 20 000 if wanted. It's just that operating with the save becomes SLOW.

Also, another thing I want to know is, where can I change the date to when I acquired a car? I know that sounds a bit nit picky, but I can't stand how it says I got the rover in 2014 when in reality I didn't.

Well the date is this part here but you have to do weird bit shifts to actually made it readable:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo