THREAD: Network sided anti-cheat added which affects PS3/XBOX 360 (10/20/2018)
  1. 10-20-2018, 06:57 AM
    NoRecess
    Haxor!
    NoRecess
    Haxor!
    NextGenUpdate
    Due to the PC skids who all added admin kick to their menu recently, Rockstar has had to take action into their own hands and properly fix this.
    They decided to do it via the server side this time, and whether unintentionally or not, also blocked it on the PS3 (and probably xbox too) system.

So, 'admin kick' and some similar features no longer work on PS3. No confirmation for xbox 360 yet but probably doesn't work there either.

The whole patch was done without releasing a new eboot.bin, which is very unusual for rockstar, but it has been done.

I personally think this is fine, because the protection is now in most menus and makes the features only useable on non-modders which we already had alternatives for. Also I hate the whole stigma surrounding this exploit, because people have gone CRAZY over it.

UPDATE: You will now get banned if you try to use admin kick.
    Last edited by NoRecess ; 10-25-2018 at 01:59 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoRecess For This Useful Post:

3. 10-20-2018, 03:47 PM
    DH63
    Retired Staff
    DH63
    Retired Staff
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by NoRecess View Post
    Due to the PC skids who all added admin kick to their menu recently, Rockstar has had to take action into their own hands and properly fix this.
    They decided to do it via the server side this time, and whether unintentionally or not, also blocked it on the PS3 (and probably xbox too) system.

So, 'admin kick' and some similar features no longer work on PS3. No confirmation for xbox 360 yet but probably doesn't work there either.

The whole patch was done without releasing a new eboot.bin, which is very unusual for rockstar, but it has been done.

I personally think this is fine, because the protection is now in most menus and makes the features only useable on non-modders which we already had alternatives for. Also I hate the whole stigma surrounding this exploit, because people have gone CRAZY over it (lost a good friend, Weezy, who back stabbed me trying to steal it from me after I said I wouldn't sell it to him).

Oh no! Now the little skids who go around kicking people for fun are going to get upset! What ever shall we do?!

Needa

In my opinion this does more good than bad, as features such as Admin Kick were ultimately abused... and quite a lot! Things would be fine for the GTA V community if there weren't a large quantity of toxic modders out there Sal
  4. 10-20-2018, 04:28 PM
    Calculus
    Welcome to NGU!
    Calculus
    Welcome to NGU!
    NextGenUpdate
    Feck that, that won't fix GTA at all. if they really want to fix mp then either down the servers or patch all shit they haven't that still fuck shit up to this day
  5. 10-20-2018, 04:36 PM
    DH63
    Retired Staff
    DH63
    Retired Staff
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Calculus View Post
    Feck that, that won't fix GTA at all. if they really want to fix mp then either down the servers or patch all shit they haven't that still fuck shit up to this day

I highly doubt that Rockstar will close their servers due to modders. If anything they will just keep banning accounts and reporting CID's to Sony.
  6. 10-21-2018, 07:15 AM
    Calculus
    Welcome to NGU!
    Calculus
    Welcome to NGU!
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by DH63 View Post
    I highly doubt that Rockstar will close their servers due to modders. If anything they will just keep banning accounts and reporting CID's to Sony.

One can hope for miracles :(
  7. 10-23-2018, 12:31 AM
    DH63
    Retired Staff
    DH63
    Retired Staff
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Calculus View Post
    One can hope for miracles :(

Yes, miracles such as all the "hackers" booting people Drack
  8. 10-23-2018, 05:59 AM
    Calculus
    Welcome to NGU!
    Calculus
    Welcome to NGU!
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by DH63 View Post
    Yes, miracles such as all the "hackers" booting people Drack

You know who we should boot Smile
  9. 10-25-2018, 01:30 PM
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by NoRecess View Post

I personally think this is fine, because the protection is now in most menus and makes the features only useable on non-modders which we already had alternatives for. Also I hate the whole stigma surrounding this exploit, because people have gone CRAZY over it (lost a good friend, Weezy, who back stabbed me trying to steal it from me after I said I wouldn't sell it to him).

Alot of modders are getting 30 day bans. I wonder if it has to do with them attempting an admin kick after Rockstar patched it?
  10. 10-26-2018, 01:57 PM
    SirSpecz
    Save Point
    SirSpecz
    Save Point
    NextGenUpdate
    I received 30 day ban but I haven't used that feature
  11. 10-27-2018, 10:09 AM
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by SirSpecz View Post
    I received 30 day ban but I haven't used that feature

Admin Kick & Kill Modder options can get you banned. Some menus also have redirect kick so if someone tries to kick you, it will turn around and Admin Kick them out of the lobby, or attempt to. So you definitely used it whether you realise it or not.