03-26-2015, 05:01 AM #1
Kryptus
Former Staff Manager
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I saw a You must login or register to view this content., and thought we could use one.

Been banned on GTA V? Post your info regarding your ban! (Reason, Type of Ban, Ban Expiration, etc)

Feel free to help other users out regarding bans, as well as tips for preventing bans.

Note: CIDs are NOT allowed!
Last edited by Kryptus ; 03-26-2015 at 01:37 PM.

The following 4 users say thank you to Kryptus for this useful post:

Kaffeeklatsch, Mfsodi, PR3ST1G1OUSGAMA, TheMightyMoJo
04-02-2015, 06:09 PM #56
Originally posted by privateuser3250 View Post
its bound to be idps and psn username ban, possibly psid too. Pointless them banning mac address now when they can just do the idps.

i dont know why people are still talking about mac bans. R* are not that stupid. Mac bans are only useful if you dont have access to their idps, such as when it used to be the case that it could be be set to all 0's.

setting it to a invalid idps just so that R* dont get your real one is a minefield. there are multiple icons in the xmb that send the idps just by having the icon in view, you will instantly associate all the idps's psid username etc and make it real easy for sony to ban you.

My account (name) still logs in. I was gona try new cid/psid but dont want to risk it (as of yet) Correct me if iam wrong but CID=IDPS? Thanks
04-02-2015, 06:46 PM #57
Originally posted by creation1979 View Post
My account (name) still logs in. I was gona try new cid/psid but dont want to risk it (as of yet) Correct me if iam wrong but CID=IDPS? Thanks

you can spoof your idps before you login to psn, thats fine. just dont change it while you are logged in, unless you dont care if they later ban it.

you see if you change your idps and dont bother changing the psid, sony will know when you log in. they might not ban you now, but who knows what they will do when they get a bunch of trained monkeys to go over the data.
04-02-2015, 08:08 PM #58
xZrH_
Do a barrel roll!
What precautions did you take before you modded? I'm planning on modding by myself for fun and doing a few recoveries once in a while, but at the moment I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I start because I got banned within a week of modding GTA5 back when DNS mods were around.
04-02-2015, 09:51 PM #59
Sen
:usa: :usa:
Originally posted by xZrH
What precautions did you take before you modded? I'm planning on modding by myself for fun and doing a few recoveries once in a while, but at the moment I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I start because I got banned within a week of modding GTA5 back when DNS mods were around.

it always depends on what you are doing, if you dont mod crazy you should be good to go.. but i have to say the last weeks i was modding like a motherfucker and i gave a lot of money to some nice people and I'm still not banned.. so sometimes its just luck or bad luck
04-03-2015, 12:36 AM #60
danyboy666
I defeated!
R* ban
4 or 6 times during january 2014 : IP+CID+ACC ban (the first 3 or 4 times weren't IP ban though) : cause = money multipler
1 ban during october 2014 : IP+CID+ACC ban : cause = pretty sure it was for recoveries
Two SONY acc ban since the start of the year 2015.(CID already banned since july 2013 i'm running on my other consoles CID) : cause = most likely due to the fact that they detect CFW with recent patch
04-03-2015, 01:00 AM #61
On three accounts that I have modded Rockstar have reset the RP but set it higher to 212 each time? One account was banned and the other two weren't..
04-03-2015, 05:46 AM #62
you can spoof your idps before you login to psn, thats fine. just dont change it while you are logged in, unless you dont care if they later ban it.

you see if you change your idps and dont bother changing the psid, sony will know when you log in. they might not ban you now, but who knows what they will do when they get a bunch of trained monkeys to go over the data.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that if I use CCAPI to change my PSID and CID after being logged in (to a false ID), that in itself is dangerous and if sony do pick it up I could be banned? A lot of RTM tools do change these ID's to false ID's as soon as attached! What is the purpose of that then?
Last edited by lucasjoubert999 ; 04-03-2015 at 05:52 AM. Reason: not completed
04-03-2015, 06:16 AM #63
Originally posted by lucasjoubert999 View Post
If I understand you correctly, you are saying that if I use CCAPI to change my PSID and CID after being logged in (to a false ID), that in itself is dangerous and if sony do pick it up I could be banned? A lot of RTM tools do change these ID's to false ID's as soon as attached! What is the purpose of that then?

Yes, dangerous and the purpose of the tools in doing this was to try to hide the idps from game servers.

The following user thanked privateuser3250 for this useful post:

lucasjoubert999
04-03-2015, 06:24 AM #64
Yes, dangerous and the purpose of the tools in doing this was to try to hide the idps from game servers.

So it doesn't serve this purpose of hiding it to game servers? So R*star is actually banning the ID that you logged in to PSN and not the changed one?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo