THREAD: How to achieve a one time reset
  1. 08-09-2016, 06:06 PM
    n/a
    Posts
    n/a
    Reputation
    Once upon a time...
    NextGenUpdate
    Hey guy's this simple tutorial is to show you how you can achieve and SE Rockstar support into achieving a one time reset for your account. Provided you have not already been issued a one time setback. Here it goes.

    I will lay this out for you very clearly for all so there are no misconceptions. What Rockstar does not like to advertise is that every account is actually entitled to a one time rollback for re transfer upon request only (these are intended to use in such cases for example let's say if a account did not transfer properly or something) Now with this loophole we can use this to our advantage.
    If approved (You need to bullshit your reason as to why you should be permitted a one time reset. Example would be my brother accidentally deleted my character or some shit nothing to complicated keep it simple (Also use your own excuse if they notice a rapid influx of caller's reporting the same issue they will eventually figure out what's going on so keep the "Problem/issue" different.
    You will then be permitted the one time re transfer.


    Other than that once transferred that's it. To also entice them to issue the one time re transfer you need to let them know your aware that it's possible they can do such a reset. what do I mean by that?
    for example if you call there support number and say your reason as to why you want a re transfer say something like my friend had a similar issue and was told by a support agent they would issue him a one time transfer. After expressing that they will then know you are aware they can do that for you one time only. if you are not aware of it 9 time out of 10 they will be very reluctant to do that for you. So just bring it up discreetly that they should do it for you to. Also if the first agent does not reset the transfer call again till you get a agent who does as some are hesitant to do so. Eventually you will get the reset if you have not already had one.

    That's it if you were able to SE Rockstar into resetting your re transfer for you then you may freely do any more touch up's or mods on PS3 and re transfer. You should still have all the stuff you had on PS4 as well before the reset if not call them up again and complain.

    Post your result's here I look forward into seeing how many will be successful with this!
  2. The Following User Thanked Maniacal Madman For This Useful Post:


  3. 08-17-2016, 10:13 PM
    X-UNDEAD_NINJA2's Avatar
    X-UNDEAD_NINJA2
    < ^ > < ^ >
    X-UNDEAD_NINJA2's Avatar
    X-UNDEAD_NINJA2
    < ^ > < ^ >
    1,304
    Posts
    5,928
    Reputation
    Jul 2013
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    How many times did your try is the real question? As I stated you will more than likely run across a support agent that straight up does not give a shit and issues a rollback.


    But how do you know this for sure? Did you not say in another conversation that you never had to contact anyone for a retransfer? I'll look for that discussion because maybe I'm mistaken
  4. 08-17-2016, 10:45 PM
    n/a
    Posts
    n/a
    Reputation
    Once upon a time...
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by NINJA2 View Post
    But how do you know this for sure? Did you not say in another conversation that you never had to contact anyone for a re transfer? I'll look for that discussion because maybe I'm mistaken


    Yeah your pretty mistaken. You can not be issued a rollback in the first place without even contacting support. So yes I did contact support. How do you expect to have a reset if you do not contact them in the first place? That's nonsense. You don't just decide you want a rollback and it magically happen's you have to contact there support or open a ticket and convince them to rollback the account.
  5. 08-18-2016, 03:10 AM
    X-UNDEAD_NINJA2's Avatar
    X-UNDEAD_NINJA2
    < ^ > < ^ >
    X-UNDEAD_NINJA2's Avatar
    X-UNDEAD_NINJA2
    < ^ > < ^ >
    1,304
    Posts
    5,928
    Reputation
    Jul 2013
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Yeah your pretty mistaken. You can not be issued a rollback in the first place without even contacting support. So yes I did contact support. How do you expect to have a reset if you do not contact them in the first place? That's nonsense. You don't just decide you want a rollback and it magically happen's you have to contact there support or open a ticket and convince them to rollback the account.


    Hey, I am not trying to pick a fight but just looking for evidence to back your claims. I also had a few "write-o's" in my last post. I was actually referring to where you say that you should keep trying R* over and over again to get your account transferred even if they don't do it the first time. That's what I meant to put in my last post. I fully understand the initial concept of transferring an account and also the process that you're currently referring to with the re-roll.

    But in my recent conversations with several R* representatives they told me that such a thing no longer exists. In fact two of them back to back told me the same thing that they have a new process called a refresh. This is basically a save point or a backup of the account of when it was either first transferred or when they redirected the data to new servers. It is intended to circumvent users from exploiting the re-roll process.

    I pointed out that two people said the same thing to me back to back because I actually asked the second guy why and he was saying verbatim what the last guy said to the point that it felt like we were having the same conversation twice. This reminded me of any call center or work center that's workload is based off of incidents or tickets in the sense that they were reading notes from the other times that I called.

    I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful but just put some dialog out there for others who may come along and try your method. If it worked for you then great. But it will not work for me and the more information that we give on our experiences the better prepared the next guy will be provided the fact that he/she took the time to read all of these posts, which is unlikely lol.
  6. 08-18-2016, 03:16 AM
    n/a
    Posts
    n/a
    Reputation
    Once upon a time...
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by NINJA2 View Post
    Hey, I am not trying to pick a fight but just looking for evidence to back your claims. I also had a few "write-o's" in my last post. I was actually referring to where you say that you should keep trying R* over and over again to get your account transferred even if they don't do it the first time. That's what I meant to put in my last post. I fully understand the initial concept of transferring an account and also the process that you're currently referring to with the re-roll.

    But in my recent conversations with several R* representatives they told me that such a thing no longer exists. In fact two of them back to back told me the same thing that they have a new process called a refresh. This is basically a save point or a backup of the account of when it was either first transferred or when they redirected the data to new servers. It is intended to circumvent users from exploiting the re-roll process.

    I pointed out that two people said the same thing to me back to back because I actually asked the second guy why and he was saying verbatim what the last guy said to the point that it felt like we were having the same conversation twice. This reminded me of any call center or work center that's workload is based off of incidents or tickets in the sense that they were reading notes from the other times that I called.

    I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful but just put some dialog out there for others who may come along and try your method. If it worked for you then great. But it will not work for me and the more information that we give on our experiences the better prepared the next guy will be provided the fact that he/she took the time to read all of these posts, which is unlikely lol.


    You took me as coming back negative towards you. I know you was not trying to pick a fight I was simply replying to what you had asked. Although I know reading my reply probably sounds like I was coming off rude even though I did not deliberately try to come off as rude.
  7. 08-18-2016, 03:24 AM
    X-UNDEAD_NINJA2's Avatar
    X-UNDEAD_NINJA2
    < ^ > < ^ >
    X-UNDEAD_NINJA2's Avatar
    X-UNDEAD_NINJA2
    < ^ > < ^ >
    1,304
    Posts
    5,928
    Reputation
    Jul 2013
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    You took me as coming back negative towards you. I know you was not trying to pick a fight I was simply replying to what you had asked. Although I know reading my reply probably sounds like I was coming off rude even though I did not deliberately try to come off as rude.


    its all good my dude but i got flagged for flaming recently and i want to avoid another situation like that lol
  8. 08-18-2016, 03:34 AM
    n/a
    Posts
    n/a
    Reputation
    Once upon a time...
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by NINJA2 View Post
    its all good my dude but i got flagged for flaming recently and i want to avoid another situation like that lol


    Ahh I see.
  9. 08-20-2016, 10:10 PM
    Italy's Avatar
    Italy
    Little One
    Italy's Avatar
    Italy
    Little One
    277
    Posts
    1,037
    Reputation
    Feb 2011
    NextGenUpdate
    i've done this for my main account about 4 times idk how i've been able to do it so much
  10. 08-23-2016, 10:04 PM
    n/a
    Posts
    n/a
    Reputation
    Once upon a time...
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Italy View Post
    i've done this for my main account about 4 times idk how i've been able to do it so much


    Lol really?