07-25-2016, 04:19 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I know this question is generally related to an EBOOT compatibility problem, but I've tried several different EBOOTs and I've tried a bunch of different update.rpf files. I still always end up in public lobbies alone. The only time I can get in public lobbies with other people is when I play with my friends. I even tried doing the GTA restoration package and it still does it. I've literally tried everything I can think of.

I don't think this is an Internet problem because my internet download speed is usually around 26 Mbps and my upload is normally around 5 Mbps.

I never had any issues until I bought Serendipity. It seems that I still have this issue when I switch back to GNXKS now too. I'm not sure what's going on and it's bothering me. Help me please. ;(
07-25-2016, 04:36 PM #2
alvinmp
Little One
Originally posted by iHEARTMODZZZZ View Post
I know this question is generally related to an EBOOT compatibility problem, but I've tried several different EBOOTs and I've tried a bunch of different update.rpf files. I still always end up in public lobbies alone. The only time I can get in public lobbies with other people is when I play with my friends. I even tried doing the GTA restoration package and it still does it. I've literally tried everything I can think of.

I don't think this is an Internet problem because my internet download speed is usually around 26 Mbps and my upload is normally around 5 Mbps.

I never had any issues until I bought Serendipity. It seems that I still have this issue when I switch back to GNXKS now too. I'm not sure what's going on and it's bothering me. Help me please. ;(

You are correct in that the two main culprits of this problem is eboot and rpf however you have tried several eboots and same for rpf including a clean update, Network issues could still be interfering with your connection even if you have a good speed, you may need to go into your router settings and do some port forwarding you can find which ports to open in the Sony website

The following user thanked alvinmp for this useful post:

MrEmptyy
07-25-2016, 04:42 PM #3
How do I setup port forwarding? I don't see it on my router. Would it be considered a Virtual Server? Do I just set up the ports from Rockstar's website, on the support page for connection issues?
07-25-2016, 05:04 PM #4
Nevermind, I figured it out. I'll try it out now Smile
07-25-2016, 05:06 PM #5
alvinmp
Little One
Originally posted by iHEARTMODZZZZ View Post
How do I setup port forwarding? I don't see it on my router. Would it be considered a Virtual Server? Do I just set up the ports from Rockstar's website, on the support page for connection issues?

Type your ip address into your search engine and it should bring you into your routers hub you will probably need to type in your password to access the advanced features depending on what make your router is, the password/code should be visible on a label on the router itself.

Depending again on your router make and model more than likely select 'Firewall' and in their you should see 'Port Forwarding' options with something like manage games and applications, you should then see an option to add game or application edit there you will be able to type in the port codes you retreived from Sony website select save that's it and turn off your PNP

I cannot give you a detailed explanation as it depends on what router you have, what model and broadband service you use but they are all basically the same, best thing you can do is google port forwarding for your router model and read/watch a few tuts for it, and don't rush it read and study or you could make the issue worse and you will need to reset the router to factory settings to undo your mistakes!

The ports you need to find can be found in R* site but I'd go to Sony's and compare the two and open all ports both suggest

This may not fix your issue but if you have done opening ports correctly it will give you a very stable connection for when you do get going

The following user thanked alvinmp for this useful post:

MrEmptyy
07-25-2016, 05:28 PM #6
Originally posted by alvinmp View Post
Type your ip address into your search engine and it should bring you into your routers hub you will probably need to type in your password to access the advanced features depending on what make your router is, the password/code should be visible on a label on the router itself.

Depending again on your router make and model more than likely select 'Firewall' and in their you should see 'Port Forwarding' options with something like manage games and applications, you should then see an option to add game or application edit there you will be able to type in the port codes you retreived from Sony website select save that's it and turn off your PNP

I cannot give you a detailed explanation as it depends on what router you have, what model and broadband service you use but they are all basically the same, best thing you can do is google port forwarding for your router model and read/watch a few tuts for it, and don't rush it read and study or you could make the issue worse and you will need to reset the router to factory settings to undo your mistakes!

The ports you need to find can be found in R* site but I'd go to Sony's and compare the two and open all ports both suggest

This may not fix your issue but if you have done opening ports correctly it will give you a very stable connection for when you do get going

Yeah, I got it now. Sorry, I forgot to mention you before. It's working now, but I'll let you know if I have any problems later. Sometimes it works in the day for me, but not after 5:00. I'll let you know. Thanks for your help! Happy

The following user thanked MrEmptyy for this useful post:

alvinmp

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo