Post: How to Stop FireFox Creating Additional Dialogues and Moving/Resizing Windows.
04-04-2010, 02:24 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Here is a little tutorial of how to stop those annoying pages that use annoying javascripts and pop ups making it so you can't leave the page without bringing up task manager and killing firefox.

First thing you will need to do is download and install this firefox addon. It gives you an option to stop it creating extra dialogues.

Link: You must login or register to view this content.

Next you have to stop the javascript for moving and resizing the page first you want to go to Tools > Options... Then go to Content and at Enable Javascript click advanced... as shown below.

You must login or register to view this content.

Then finally you uncheck Allow javascripts to: Move and resize existing windows.

There you have it! now your windows will not move and resize and it's easy to get out of those annoying rickrolls and videos that immature people post in the shoutbox.

You can test to see if it works here: You must login or register to view this content. I warn you, this IS a rick roll but you should be able just to click X on your tab, then OK, then the little box saying stop this page from creating additional dialogues and click OK again and it should go Smile
Last edited by JimErased ; 04-04-2010 at 02:31 PM.

The following 5 users say thank you to JimErased for this useful post:

Activist, af12314, Elder Legendah, Jayy, LTBadBoy
04-04-2010, 02:31 PM #2
Elder Legendah
┌∩┐(◕_◕Winky Winky┌∩┐
Yay it works thanks Jim.
04-04-2010, 02:32 PM #3
Originally posted by JimErased View Post
Here is a little tutorial of how to stop those annoying pages that use annoying javascripts and pop ups making it so you can't leave the page without bringing up task manager and killing firefox.

First thing you will need to do is download and install this firefox addon. It gives you an option to stop it creating extra dialogues.

Link: You must login or register to view this content.

Next you have to stop the javascript for moving and resizing the page first you want to go to Tools > Options... Then go to Content and at Enable Javascript click advanced... as shown below.

Then finally you uncheck Allow javascripts to: Move and resize existing windows.

There you have it! now your windows will not move and resize and it's easy to get out of those annoying rickrolls and videos that immature people post in the shoutbox.

You can test to see if it works here: You must login or register to view this content. I warn you, this IS a rick roll but you should be able just to click X on your tab, then OK, then the little box saying stop this page from creating additional dialogues and click OK again and it should go Smile

thanks!! really good for annoying stuff like servays but idk about rick
btw i love the site to test it out on Smile
04-04-2010, 02:37 PM #4
LTBadBoy
Camel Toe
Thanks, I was experiencing this problem last night but those days are long gone now!
04-04-2010, 02:41 PM #5
Deadpool
Cake is a lie
It's much easier to download another web browser, say Safari
04-04-2010, 02:52 PM #6
nice one SmileSmileSmile
04-04-2010, 05:06 PM #7
Calfreezy
General/PS3
sweet worked for me Smile nice simple tut aswell!
04-04-2010, 06:35 PM #8
rjive
Love Big Titty Bitches
I was expecting to open this up and find something like... "use Google Chrome." Happy
04-04-2010, 07:47 PM #9
Shadow_Killer
UnderCover Adrninistrator
lol i opened the rickrool site without doing anything to firefox and i closed it and no popups came or anything
04-04-2010, 07:55 PM #10
Jayy
Forever in debt to Jim and ENZO-F#
Thanks Jim Smile Love You Long Time <3

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo