08-06-2009, 11:56 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey all,

I am having trouble with the speed of the internet. It will take extremely long to open any website. Just now I was probably waiting 5mins for this page to load so I could type about the problems. Half of the page had opened causing me to wait a long time for the rest of the page to open.

Also if I open a youtube video regardless of how long it is, it will take FOREVER to buffer. It will let me watch atleast 2secs of a clip and then will stop the video and buffer again. This is really annoying and im not sure what the problem is.

Finally, any games on the internet I play is really slow and laggy.

I have BT broadband so I am wondering if it is my laptop? It is a DELL.

This slow internet is causing me to open 1 webage at a time, whether it be text based, video or game. This is really fustrating and would like it if someone could help me out here!!!

Thanks guys!

The following user thanked alexs_91 for this useful post:

Shadow_Killer
08-06-2009, 12:07 PM #2
Shadow_Killer
UnderCover Adrninistrator
You probily got a Virus that messed up your Browser. If you are useing Internet Explorer Try useing FireFox. and if that dosent work Try to Reset your Router. and Do a Speed test at You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Shadow_Killer for this useful post:

alexs_91
08-06-2009, 12:35 PM #3
Hey,

I got a print screen of the test results from that site.. Are they any good?

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

You must login or register to view this content.
08-06-2009, 12:37 PM #4
Shadow_Killer
Those are some Horrible Results. You must have Really Slow internet man i mean like Damm! Well First Scan your computer for Virus's then Reset your Computer and your Router then Download Mozilla Firefox then try out ur Results

alexs_91
08-06-2009, 12:49 PM #5
Aw man!

How do I reset computer and router?? lol

Thanks for your help!
08-06-2009, 12:54 PM #6
Shadow_Killer
Click the You must login or register to view this content. Buttion if my Posts are Helpful =].
and For the Computer Just Go to the Start Menu and Click "Turn off computer" then a box will pop up that says "log off" "turn off computer or "Restart" Click Restart. and for the Router. Goto your Router. and pull out the plug in the wall so no Electricity can go to the router for 10 Sec then Plug it back in and it will take 30sec - 2min to re gain Internet Access

alexs_91
08-06-2009, 12:59 PM #7
Oh lol,

I thought the resetting you were reffering to was different lol.. I know how to do that.. So should I just turn off my computer and switch the internet off and pull the cord out? What happens if that doesnt work?

Stupid boradband lol
08-06-2009, 01:04 PM #8
Shadow_Killer
Originally posted by 91 View Post
Oh lol,

I thought the resetting you were reffering to was different lol.. I know how to do that.. So should I just turn off my computer and switch the internet off and pull the cord out? What happens if that doesnt work?

Stupid boradband lol

lol no i dident mean to Re configure your laptop if thats what u thoght.lol ya just turn it off then unplug your router wait 10sec then plug it back in. and if you come back with slow internet still you need to contact your Internet Provider
03-29-2010, 11:42 AM #9
To increase your laptop connectivity speed first of all you can delete your current network group and then create you new network and then you will check your laptop then you will de fragment your operating system drive and uninstall your browser and then reinstall your web browser and then check your laptop connectivity.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo