12-07-2009, 11:24 AM #1
King Jamiɘ
Super Premium
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Just want to know really, also if you could set one up for free? Although it may become clear that you cannot after somebody explains what it is.
12-11-2009, 11:23 PM #2
Pricey91
Professor of trollology
Yes you can set them up for free and its rather easy. A VPN allows you took make private connections that might otherwise not be possible. For instance, I used to use VPN's to connect to computers so I could essentially 'trick' the computer into thinking it was on the same network. Of course it was all done over the internet and it wasn't on the same network. It's good for file sharing aswell. You can set one up and you'll be able to copy files back and forth your friends computers on the other side of the world via the internet. I recommend using Hamachi as its pretty easy to set up and there are alot of guides about it. You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Pricey91 for this useful post:

King Jamiɘ
02-22-2010, 11:35 AM #3
Hi

B*asically, a VPN is a private network that uses a public network (usually the Internet) to connect remote sites or users together. Instead of using a dedicated, real-world connection such as leased line, a VPN uses "virtual" connections routed through the Internet from the company's private network to the remote site or employee. In this article, you will gain a fundamental understanding of VPNs, and learn about basic VPN components, technologies, tunneling and security.

Thanks

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo