10-30-2015, 12:41 AM #1
Hawk
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Not the greatest news, however as of today, Apple has stopped signing iOS 9.0.2 for compatible iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models, meaning users can no longer upgrade or downgrade to that version of iOS using iTunes. Apple is now signing iOS 9.1 and later only.

With Apple no longer signing iOS 9.0.2, those who wish to downgrade to jailbreak their devices are not able to do so. iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users with jailbroken devices will need to refrain from updating beyond iOS 9.0.2 as the iOS 9.1 update fixes the exploits used for the jailbreak.

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Hawk ; 10-30-2015 at 01:30 AM.
10-30-2015, 12:42 AM #2
Esker
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by Hawk View Post
Not the greatest news, however as of today, Apple has stopped signing iOS 9.0.2 for compatible iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models, meaning users can no longer upgrade or downgrade to that version of iOS using iTunes. Apple is now signing iOS 9.1 and later only.

With Apple no longer signing iOS 9.0.2, those who wish to downgrade to jailbreak their devices are not able to do so. iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users with jailbroken devices will need to refrain from updating beyond iOS 9.0.2 as the iOS 9.1 update fixes the exploits used for the jailbreak.

im on 8.3 will i be able to update to 9.02 and re jailbreak?
10-30-2015, 12:49 AM #3
Kam
Investor - Future Millionaire
Originally posted by Esker View Post
im on 8.3 will i be able to update to 9.02 and re jailbreak?

I don't think it will let you update to 9.0.2 specifically. You may have to update to the latest version, but I don't think that is able to be jailbroken. If I were you, I would jailbreak iOS 8.3 myself. That is your best option.
10-30-2015, 12:50 AM #4
Esker
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by Kam View Post
I don't think it will let you update to 9.0.2 specifically. You may have to update to the latest version, but I don't think that is able to be jailbroken. If I were you, I would jailbreak iOS 8.3 myself. That is your best option.

Im already jb on 8.3 that's why i asked if i could " re jailbreak " lol
thanks for the reply tho
10-30-2015, 01:09 AM #5
Hawk
Former Staff
Originally posted by Esker View Post
Im already jb on 8.3 that's why i asked if i could " re jailbreak " lol
thanks for the reply tho

Had you updated to 9.0.2 before today, yes you could have. Now that they have stop signing iOS 9.0.x you are unable to update to it. iOS 9.1 in not currently jailbroken.
03-29-2016, 06:24 PM #6
sirjakey
Debugger
I have a question. Maybe a dumb one but here goes. Is it possible to download any certain firmware and save it? So you can just install it at any time? Obviously it's not possible or hard to do?
03-29-2016, 10:32 PM #7
TheManDavid
Your mother!
Originally posted by sirjakey View Post
I have a question. Maybe a dumb one but here goes. Is it possible to download any certain firmware and save it? So you can just install it at any time? Obviously it's not possible or hard to do?

I'm not even sure what im doing in this section of NGU but I thought id check it out, lol. To answer your question, I would say yes and no. Don't take my word for it though because im not to familiar with all this jailbreak stuff. I would assume yes because it would technically be "signed" if you download a firmware when Apple still signs it. I would also say no though because dont they verify the update when you try to install it?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo