12-21-2011, 05:40 PM #1
xKrypticModz
Smile NextGenUpdate Elite Smile
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); i want to update to 5.0 but if i do my phone wi be locked and i not beable to use my sim card and i dont know what network its on
12-22-2011, 01:00 PM #2
This is no Problem ! You must save your SHSH Blobs in Cydia and create a CFW with Ultrasn0w 1.2.5 so you can update on IOS 5.0 / 5.0.1 but your Baseband with is importend to unlock your phone is the same as in the ios that you allready use !

Sorry for my bad English im from Austira

Yust google for Ultrasn0w 1.2.5 - and you will find what you need Smile
12-22-2011, 07:12 PM #3
Mr.Kane
Greatness
Originally posted by E
i want to update to 5.0 but if i do my phone wi be locked and i not beable to use my sim card and i dont know what network its on

You must login or register to view this content. here is a video showing how to do it

Should be able to update, and then unlock then use your sim again
Last edited by Mr.Kane ; 12-22-2011 at 07:27 PM.
12-23-2011, 05:58 PM #4
xKrypticModz
Originally posted by Mr.Kane View Post
You must login or register to view this content. here is a video showing how to do it

Should be able to update, and then unlock then use your sim again

my phones allready unlocked but if i update i not beable to put any sim in and theres no untethered yet pus i got it 2nd hand it was allready unlocked so i have no cue what network its on
12-23-2011, 06:34 PM #5
Originally posted by E
my phones allready unlocked but if i update i not beable to put any sim in and theres no untethered yet pus i got it 2nd hand it was allready unlocked so i have no cue what network its on

If you want to update to IOS 5 Just make a custom .IPSW of IOS 5 it preserves the baseband allowing it to be unlocked when you update and jailbreak it. I think the latest version of Redsn0w allows you to create a custom .IPSW now

Check here You must login or register to view this content.

iPhone 3GS basebands that can be unlocked 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04, or 06.15.00
Last edited by Vampytwistッ ; 12-23-2011 at 06:40 PM.
12-23-2011, 09:03 PM #6
Default Avatar
Luis
Originally posted by E
i want to update to 5.0 but if i do my phone wi be locked and i not beable to use my sim card and i dont know what network its on

if u 3gs is old boot u can jb u iphone to the last version 5.0.1 with jb untethered
download snowbreeze the last version, make u CFW and update via itunes !!
12-24-2011, 03:32 PM #7
xKrypticModz
Originally posted by LuisWillKillU View Post
if u 3gs is old boot u can jb u iphone to the last version 5.0.1 with jb untethered
download snowbreeze the last version, make u CFW and update via itunes !!

thanks how do i know if its on the old boot rom

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Originally posted by Vampytwist
If you want to update to IOS 5 Just make a custom .IPSW of IOS 5 it preserves the baseband allowing it to be unlocked when you update and jailbreak it. I think the latest version of Redsn0w allows you to create a custom .IPSW now

Check here You must login or register to view this content.

iPhone 3GS basebands that can be unlocked 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04, or 06.15.00

thanks ill look into it ill try it
12-24-2011, 04:23 PM #8
Default Avatar
Luis
Step 1: Put your iPhone into DFU Mode (not recovery mode)

Connect your iPhone to your computer.
Turn iPhone off.
Start iTunes.
Hold Power and Home buttons together for 10 seconds or so.
Release Power button but keep holding the Home button until your computer recognizes a new USB device.
iTunes will now recognize your iPhone.

Note: Your iPhone screen at this time should be blank (black in color), if not, then you are most likely in Recovery Mode, not DFU mode.

Step 2: Right Click on My Computer and click on: Properties -> Hardware (tab) -> Device Manager

Step 3: Select the “+” to open submenus tree items for "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller".

Step 4: Now look for "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver", right click and select Properties.

Step 5: Go to "Details" and find "Device Instance ID".

Step 6: Simply scroll through the string and you’ll find the bootrom version (iBoot) as shown in the screenshots below:

You must login or register to view this content.

Old Bootrom (Windows) iPhone 3GS – Old Bootrom 359.3

New Bootrom (Windows) iPhone 3GS – New Bootrom 359.3.2

Step 7: If it’s 359.3, you have old bootrom. If it’s 359.3.2 or anything above that, its a new bootrom.
12-25-2011, 09:27 AM #9
xKrypticModz
thanks ill do it later then i need to reinstall windows

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo