04-22-2012, 07:26 PM #1
Default Avatar
-Rhys-
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); If I had an iPhone, and jailbroke it then restored it to a new iPhone (not using backed-up data) and took it into o2 to get a battery problem fixed, would they take it? Keep in mind the phones warranty is up.
04-22-2012, 07:48 PM #2
Coqui
Former Staff
Originally posted by Rhys. View Post
If I had an iPhone, and jailbroke it then restored it to a new iPhone (not using backed-up data) and took it into o2 to get a battery problem fixed, would they take it? Keep in mind the phones warranty is up.

Well if you restore it there will be no signals about the jailbreak so they will take it without problem, even if it was jailbroken without anything illegal(Installous) they should take it because jailbreaking is legal. Smile
04-22-2012, 07:50 PM #3
Originally posted by .Coqui View Post
Well if you restore it there will be no signals about the jailbreak so they will take it without problem, even if it was jailbroken without anything illegal(Installous) they should take it because jailbreaking is legal. Smile

because jailbreaking is legal.

it still voids the warranty, whether it is legal or not.
04-22-2012, 07:53 PM #4
Coqui
Former Staff
Originally posted by Jenkzzy View Post
it still voids the warranty, whether it is legal or not.

That's what they said but if you bring it there after all they say no and no they will end giving you the new phone or repairing it. That happen to me :p But yes restoring is the best way.
04-22-2012, 07:55 PM #5
That's what they said but if you bring it there after all they say no and no they will end giving you the new phone or repairing it. That happen to me :p But yes restoring is the best way.

i fucked mine up when jailbreaking, so i bricked it purposefully and got my money back :p
04-23-2012, 03:44 PM #6
Default Avatar
-Rhys-

Thanks. Regarding the problem with the phone, it like dies at around 80% battery on the lowest brightness, but it doesnt really die it like crashes. Thee screen just goes black and grey lines show up. Each time its different and when its going to crash is unpredictable. Have you any idea about this or have heard of it before?
04-23-2012, 04:46 PM #7
Coqui
Former Staff
Thanks. Regarding the problem with the phone, it like dies at around 80% battery on the lowest brightness, but it doesnt really die it like crashes. Thee screen just goes black and grey lines show up. Each time its different and when its going to crash is unpredictable. Have you any idea about this or have heard of it before?

No I have never heard that someone experience that problem. Better take it to the warranty. :p
04-23-2012, 11:07 PM #8
If I had an iPhone, and jailbroke it then restored it to a new iPhone (not using backed-up data) and took it into o2 to get a battery problem fixed, would they take it? Keep in mind the phones warranty is up.

Just saying if you know forsure that it is a battery problem then you can change the battery yourself for around $13. Assuming that the battery isn't holding a charge. It is really easy too. Honestly thats what I would do if I were you. If you decide to change the battery yourself watch a youtube video on how to do it so you do not mess anything up. You can purchase the battery from Amazon depending on what model iphone you have.
04-24-2012, 01:17 AM #9
I broke mine when i jailbroke it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo