10-03-2016, 02:34 AM #1
Mikevigi
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I bought an iPhone 6s the day after the iPhone 7 came out because I knew I could find one pretty cheap. But my problem is I have tmobile and the phone is locked to AT&T. And I tried to use the AT&T website to get it unlocked by them for free, but when I do it, it says the phone is still under contract. The guy said he paid cash for it so I don't why it's on contract. I've had it for 15 days now with no change. I've seen on eBay people can unlock them even with a contract or even blacklisted and bad esn ones, but it's about $60 for that. How do they unlock it that way? Is there any way I could unlock it myself? Or if anyone knows a cheap place that does it let me know.
10-05-2016, 11:29 AM #2
BurtE
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Mikevigi View Post
I bought an iPhone 6s the day after the iPhone 7 came out because I knew I could find one pretty cheap. But my problem is I have tmobile and the phone is locked to AT&T. And I tried to use the AT&T website to get it unlocked by them for free, but when I do it, it says the phone is still under contract. The guy said he paid cash for it so I don't why it's on contract. I've had it for 15 days now with no change. I've seen on eBay people can unlock them even with a contract or even blacklisted and bad esn ones, but it's about $60 for that. How do they unlock it that way? Is there any way I could unlock it myself? Or if anyone knows a cheap place that does it let me know.

The provider its on has to unlock it for you by law, they might charge you for it.

But if you're saying its a contract phone and the person you got it from isnt paying contact then its going to get blacklisted sooner or later
Last edited by BurtE ; 12-01-2016 at 06:37 PM.
10-05-2016, 03:19 PM #3
DIRTY SMASHER
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Mikevigi View Post
I bought an iPhone 6s the day after the iPhone 7 came out because I knew I could find one pretty cheap. But my problem is I have tmobile and the phone is locked to AT&T. And I tried to use the AT&T website to get it unlocked by them for free, but when I do it, it says the phone is still under contract. The guy said he paid cash for it so I don't why it's on contract. I've had it for 15 days now with no change. I've seen on eBay people can unlock them even with a contract or even blacklisted and bad esn ones, but it's about $60 for that. How do they unlock it that way? Is there any way I could unlock it myself? Or if anyone knows a cheap place that does it let me know.

Sounds like he might do the old trick, sell you a phone, then in a few months say he lost it.

The phone you purchased gets blocked & he gets a new one free on his insurance.
10-06-2016, 04:19 PM #4
Oh come on...
10-07-2016, 01:43 AM #5
Mikevigi
Little One
Originally posted by DIRTY
Sounds like he might do the old trick, sell you a phone, then in a few months say he lost it.

The phone you purchased gets blocked & he gets a new one free on his insurance.

Originally posted by BurtE View Post
The provider its on has to unlock it for you by law, they might charge you for it.

But if you're saying its a contact phone and the person you got it from isnt paying contact then its going to get blacklisted sooner or later

It was older guy driving a really nice car, so he had money, and he wanted to meet at police department because of the crazy people on craigslist.

It doesnt seem to me like he would do something like that. And a few minutes after i bought it, i tried to unlock it on the website and i called him and told him the issue i was having. He then put me in a 3 way call with At&t and they said there shouldnt be any issues and they told him to send in a request under his account and he did. So i really dont know what going on.

I called the other day and they told me to ask him to submit another. So i asked him and he said sure. Its been about 2 days since than and still nothing.
10-13-2016, 11:49 PM #6
MonkeyManofLife
Pokemon Trainer
1. Go To An Apple Store
2. Say HELP ME I NEED MY PHONE BACK
3. Pay $1,000
4. Unlock Phone
5. Go Home and Can't Afford Bills

No But Really If You Have an Apple Store Near By Go There

The following 2 users groaned at MonkeyManofLife for this awful post:

JB, Midnight
12-01-2016, 02:13 AM #7
JB
[i]Remember, no Russian.[/i]
Originally posted by MonkeyManofLife View Post
1. Go To An Apple Store
2. Say HELP ME I NEED MY PHONE BACK
3. Pay $1,000
4. Unlock Phone
5. Go Home and Can't Afford Bills

No But Really If You Have an Apple Store Near By Go There

Apple won't do shit without input from AT&T first. Absolutely pointless talking to them before AT&T.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo