07-17-2016, 02:01 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello NGU,
today i will be releasing part 1 of my "Custom Minecraft Ps3 OFW&CFW" tutorial series,dealing with the topic of creating your own custom skinpacks(Visible for others).

You will need this You must login or register to view this content. (not mine),a Computer and the ability to read,so let's get started:

1) Download the tool above

2) Open the folder and double click the folder "1",then open quickbms

3) Running quickbms,double click "pck unpacker" > "Skins.pck" > folder "2" and hit "save"
(All the tools are located*in "pck tool" > "1")

4) Now you can open the folder "2" and you'll see 45 png's which are the skins.You can edit them
or replace them with skins from the internet
IMPORTANT:
-Skins from the internet have to be 64x32 pixeled skins
-Be sure the edited files are not bigger than the previous png's,otherwise you will not be able to reimport
the skins
-All the png's have to be named 'dlcskin' with a number consisting of 8 letters,for example
'10000100' and counting up 1 for each png
-If you want others to see the skin you have to change the name of the png to a number which
is not officially used by minecraft, or others will see a default skin
( 'dlcskin99900100' to 'dlcskin99900145' is a possible name )

5) Open the folder "4" and open "reimport"

6) Choose "pck unpacker" > "skins.pck" > folder "2" and save
(the tools/folders are located in "pck tool" on your desktop)

7) If you get an error saying 'file too large' then the edited png is too big and will not be reimported

Cool Man (aka Tustin) After you reimported your new skins to 'skins.pck' you create a new folder on your desktop and
copy "skins.pck" and "keybin.edat" into that folder

Now you have created your own skinpack for Mc ps3 edition.To put this skinpack on your CFW you
can use FTP or Multiman,the next tutorial will explain how you can put it on your OFW.

I know there has been a tutorial for custom skinpacks but i wanted to make my own for the series
If you have any problems,post it down below or contact me on skype (nickgewinntnix)

Here's also a visual You must login or register to view this content. of my friend KingCrea who made it as an additional simpler version of the tutorial.(Tutorial starts at 3:20 and is in German but you dont need to listen)

Thanks for listening/reading and good luck PBJT

Ps: I dont say that i've created this tool or found this first.All credit goes to the guy who made the pck tool
Last edited by Gwinnix ; 07-23-2016 at 09:39 AM.
07-26-2016, 03:41 AM #11
Originally posted by Gwinnix View Post
i've added a link to a visual version of the tutorial,maybe it'll help you Smile

Thank you Smile i will check it out
07-26-2016, 03:48 AM #12
i've added a link to a visual version of the tutorial,maybe it'll help you Smile

sorry that visual tut didnt help at all, when i go into mc, the skins are still locked ??
07-26-2016, 08:25 AM #13
Your a cheat! i eventually figured it out, you have to either download a 64x32 pix skin from somewhere and then not know for sure if the skin is gonna all be there, so you have to go onto mc and have a look what skins in the pack were unlocked and replace the unlocked skins with the ones you wanted. and apparently if you change the name of it to an unofficial number of minecraft other people can see it, but it wont allow you to reimport ie: "dlcskin99900101 because it has to be what it was initially called. i dont know everything about this sh#t but, ive been playing with it all day... explain your self

also i figured if i take the .pck files from other map packs through mmcm, you can take any skin from that pack and put it on a unlocked skin on your custom pack , works the same.. but for other people to be able to see your skin online is a different story..
07-26-2016, 05:55 PM #14
Hello NGU,
today i will be releasing part 1 of my "Custom Minecraft Ps3 OFW&CFW" tutorial series,dealing with the topic of creating your own custom skinpacks(Visible for others).

You will need this You must login or register to view this content. (not mine),a Computer and the ability to read,so let's get started:

1) Download the tool above

2) Open the folder and double click the folder "1",then open quickbms

3) Running quickbms,double click "pck unpacker" > "Skins.pck" > folder "2" and hit "save"
(All the tools are located*in "pck tool" > "1")

4) Now you can open the folder "2" and you'll see 45 png's which are the skins.You can edit them
or replace them with skins from the internet
IMPORTANT:
-Skins from the internet have to be 64x32 pixeled skins
-Be sure the edited files are not bigger than the previous png's,otherwise you will not be able to reimport
the skins
-All the png's have to be named 'dlcskin' with a number consisting of 8 letters,for example
'10000100' and counting up 1 for each png
-If you want others to see the skin you have to change the name of the png to a number which
is not officially used by minecraft, or others will see a default skin
( 'dlcskin99900100' to 'dlcskin99900145' is a possible name )

5) Open the folder "4" and open "reimport"

6) Choose "pck unpacker" > "skins.pck" > folder "2" and save
(the tools/folders are located in "pck tool" on your desktop)

7) If you get an error saying 'file too large' then the edited png is too big and will not be reimported

Cool Man (aka Tustin) After you reimported your new skins to 'skins.pck' you create a new folder on your desktop and
copy "skins.pck" and "keybin.edat" into that folder

Now you have created your own skinpack for Mc ps3 edition.To put this skinpack on your CFW you
can use FTP or Multiman,the next tutorial will explain how you can put it on your OFW.

I know there has been a tutorial for custom skinpacks but i wanted to make my own for the series
If you have any problems,post it down below or contact me on skype (nickgewinntnix)

Here's also a visual You must login or register to view this content. of my friend KingCrea who made it as an additional simpler version of the tutorial.(Tutorial starts at 3:20 and is in German but you dont need to listen)

Thanks for listening/reading and good luck PBJT

Ps: I dont say that i've created this tool or found this first.All credit goes to the guy who made the pck tool

Its been Patched with the Minecraft UpdateSal
08-08-2016, 08:12 AM #15
Originally posted by MODZ View Post
Its been Patched with the Minecraft UpdateSal

we've figured out a way to mod skins on v 1.32
i'll update the tutorial when i'm back from holidays Smile

The following user thanked Gwinnix for this useful post:

PONY_MODZ
08-08-2016, 09:38 AM #16
we've figured out a way to mod skins on v 1.32
i'll update the tutorial when i'm back from holidays Smile

Ok thx , and btw nice holidays m8
08-09-2016, 07:36 PM #17
Originally posted by MODZ View Post
Ok thx , and btw nice holidays m8

thanks dude
you can also ask death dealer if he's willing to help you,he has his own tools for pck's (working on v1.32)
but i dont think he will ^^
08-09-2016, 08:59 PM #18
Gwinnix are you waiting to new MC Elite Edition realese to steal it again?
08-12-2016, 05:04 PM #19
Originally posted by CraftManiac View Post
Gwinnix are you waiting to new MC Elite Edition realese to steal it again?

i didn't steal anything.Created my own files and gave credit to Elite Electronics for taking some of their texture packs.But you can go on stealing tools from death dealer buddy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo