12-25-2014, 05:13 PM #1
Kush Friendly
League Champion
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); First off sorry if this is the wrong place for this...

Ok so I just got a PlayStation 2 Debugging Station(DTL-H30001) and Im just curious about some things.
Ive heard PS2 Dev Kit don't play retail PS2 games, curious to see the error/result I popped in a normal game.. it played the game with no problems so I tried some more games, they all worked as they should.

So heres my two main questions:
-Why does my dev kit play games?
&
-Why doesn't Free Mcboot work? (I also heard FMCB works on dev kits so)

This is the first 'real'/official dev kit ive had so im kinda lost.
I was planning on using Free HDBoot so maybe that's what need for FMCB to work?

EDIT: I figured out why Free McBoot wont work, same for Free HDBoot. So I just put in the HDD from my retail PS2 and made a master disk with uLaunchELF on it. I looked at the PS2 games and most say DVD ROM on the back, but some are only DVD VIDEO(I think) so they wont work on a TEST Kit.
Last edited by Kush Friendly ; 12-31-2014 at 03:26 PM.
04-15-2015, 05:13 PM #2
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Kush
First off sorry if this is the wrong place for this...

Ok so I just got a PlayStation 2 Debugging Station(DTL-H30001) and Im just curious about some things.
Ive heard PS2 Dev Kit don't play retail PS2 games, curious to see the error/result I popped in a normal game.. it played the game with no problems so I tried some more games, they all worked as they should.

So heres my two main questions:
-Why does my dev kit play games?
&
-Why doesn't Free Mcboot work? (I also heard FMCB works on dev kits so)

This is the first 'real'/official dev kit ive had so im kinda lost.
I was planning on using Free HDBoot so maybe that's what need for FMCB to work?

EDIT: I figured out why Free McBoot wont work, same for Free HDBoot. So I just put in the HDD from my retail PS2 and made a master disk with uLaunchELF on it. I looked at the PS2 games and most say DVD ROM on the back, but some are only DVD VIDEO(I think) so they wont work on a TEST Kit.

Well this is going to be a sad bump and I am not sure if you are really active here anymore but I actually have some information.

The Ps2 debugger does in fact play retail games as well as master disks. There is maybe a few versions that do not play retail games. As for FMCB, that requires magic gate and not all versions of the debugger supported it.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

ResistTheSun
05-12-2015, 04:29 AM #3
Kush Friendly
League Champion
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Well this is going to be a sad bump and I am not sure if you are really active here anymore but I actually have some information.

The Ps2 debugger does in fact play retail games as well as master disks. There is maybe a few versions that do not play retail games. As for FMCB, that requires magic gate and not all versions of the debugger supported it.

Ya i figured it all out already but thanks still

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo