03-16-2014, 07:37 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everyone I thought I would go ahead and release a old project of mine, I will be releasing most of the stuff I make in computer science from now on. This Temperature converter allows you to convert from Fahrenheit to Celsius and vice versa.
Download --> You must login or register to view this content.
Virus Scan --> You must login or register to view this content.

screen shot:
You must login or register to view this content.

The following 2 users say thank you to hkownz for this useful post:

Jared, Joel
03-16-2014, 07:40 PM #2
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
Nice buddy, can you make a program which converts all currency?
03-16-2014, 07:47 PM #3
Originally posted by Joelrca View Post
Nice buddy, can you make a program which converts all currency?

I could look into it, it could be tricky with the exchange rates always changing, but there is probably a way to grab them from a exchange site or something like that. But I will look into it for you.

The following user thanked hkownz for this useful post:

Joel
03-16-2014, 10:14 PM #4
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by hkownz View Post
I could look into it, it could be tricky with the exchange rates always changing, but there is probably a way to grab them from a exchange site or something like that. But I will look into it for you.

Not sure about Java's webrequest library but look into something of the equivalence of HTTPWebRequest.

Find a site that does the conversions and if the computer can connect via web, grab the newest updates of the conversions and save that to a file on the computer to store as most recent conv_rates.

Read from the file and store each as conversion variables and then let your program do the math from there. That way the application can be used online and offline.

The following user thanked Pichu for this useful post:

hkownz
03-16-2014, 10:57 PM #5
Originally posted by Pichu View Post
Not sure about Java's webrequest library but look into something of the equivalence of HTTPWebRequest.

Find a site that does the conversions and if the computer can connect via web, grab the newest updates of the conversions and save that to a file on the computer to store as most recent conv_rates.

Read from the file and store each as conversion variables and then let your program do the math from there. That way the application can be used online and offline.

ok thanks ill look into doing that, that seems like it should be quite easy once I get the web stuff figured out.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo