04-09-2017, 06:28 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); when i was looking in my games directory on my ps3 and checked out mw3 i saw that there is an eboot.bin and a default_mp.self and a default.self file .
What are these files used for ?? I thought that only one file was needed to launch the game??
04-09-2017, 11:21 AM #2
Kronos
Former Staff
Originally posted by sarra
when i was looking in my games directory on my ps3 and checked out mw3 i saw that there is an eboot.bin and a default_mp.self and a default.self file .
What are these files used for ?? I thought that only one file was needed to launch the game??

nah they are both needed for different things lol
04-09-2017, 05:58 PM #3
ok i have a vague idea that the default_mp.self is for multiplayer online and i have built an eboot.bin to run the menace sprx's and the menus run fine when i go to mw3 split screen offline. i want to know if the eboot.bin will work ONLINE???OR do i need to use a resigner to decrypt the default mp.self and turn it into an eboot or something like that and im still confused about debug eboots.are they just eboots resighned for a dex console????
sorry for being such an ass but i wont go online unless im sure about what all this means LOL

THX IN ADVANCE
04-09-2017, 06:00 PM #4
ok i have a vague idea that the default_mp.self is for multiplayer online and i have built an eboot.bin to run the menace sprx's and the menus run fine when i go to mw3 split screen offline. i want to know if the eboot.bin will work ONLINE???OR do i need to use a resigner to decrypt the default mp.self and turn it into an eboot or something like that and im still confused about debug eboots.are they just eboots resighned for a dex console????
sorry for being such an ass but i wont go online unless im sure about what all this means LOL

THX IN ADVANCE

debug eboots are meant for DEX yes.
04-09-2017, 06:17 PM #5
thanx FROSTY
ok so what do i have to do? Do i take the default mp.self file and turn it into an eboot for dex and then delete the eboot already in the game directory and replace it with my modified eboot and then go online??or DO i keep the original eboot and mod the default mp.self file???
04-09-2017, 06:34 PM #6
Father Luckeyy
Retired - Lead Content Manager
thanx FROSTY
ok so what do i have to do? Do i take the default mp.self file and turn it into an eboot for dex and then delete the eboot already in the game directory and replace it with my modified eboot and then go online??or DO i keep the original eboot and mod the default mp.self file???

Just replace the EBOOT.BIN in game NOT GAMES

dev_hdd0 / game / your region / USDIR / EBOOT.BIN <<<<<<< Replace with new EBOOT.BIN

The following user thanked Father Luckeyy for this useful post:

sarra redhead
04-09-2017, 07:17 PM #7
Thx Luckeyy for the super fast reply SmileYou must login or register to view this content.
ok i get it .So i have NO games on dev_hdd0/ all my games 54 of them are on dev_usb001 the game directory which has the eboot bin is in my ext drive in dev usb001/ GAMES/BLUSXXXXX/PS3 GAME/USRDIR.There is a directory on dev hdd0 /game/blusxxxxx/usrdir/ but it only has a directory called /demo and a couple of files called cmr history,cmr history00000000 and cmr save0000000000 so you're saying all i have to do is put the eboot i already created for my dex and that already works to run my sprx menu offline and use it online and not have to mess around with the default mp.self files at all????

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo